theo@theodormay.com

Dear DayZ DB Team: the hive is compromised and you aren't doing a damn thing

You really need to do some work to the hivemind. As of now hackers are spawning thousands, yes I said THOUSANDS, of vehicles in servers that SAVE to the hive. Yes, even after a restart you can watch the rpt file grow as it tries to stream in all those objects. If you want proof look at the Instance ID for US IL5 (my server). You will notice that it has over 10,000 helicopters spawned and SAVED to the hive. I suggest you cleanup house and get this sorted.

Now you may be asking how I am still able to run my server, well that is because I had to edit server_monitor.sqf to not spawn in anything with a _type of "uh1h_dz." Now before you go "OMG HE IS MESSING WITH THE SERVER CODE KILL HIM!" let me just say that I wouldn't have to do this if you would just run a db cleanup script every so often. I know for a fact over 64,000 greenskoda's (909 of which were in my instance alone) were saved to the hive and it wasn't until recently that we got someone to fix it. The current state of how the backend of this mod is ran is getting out of hand, it is sad when we are told not to mess with the code yet it is the only way to get the game to work since you won't do anything about it.

Edited by TheLaughingMan
  • Like 1

Use BE features to fight hackers! http://forums.bistud...ogging-Blocking

Btw. DayZ devs can't do anything against hackers

You do realize that these dont show in createvehicle.log right? They are using the built in procedures that DayZ uses to create objects. Honestly if you don't know how this stuff works I suggest you go somewhere else as nothing in that forum post will fix it. So far the only solution is to change the server pbo with fixes that Dwarden (BiS dev) himself created. Even then they get around it.

• Like 1

He won't be doing anything. He said is busy working on stand alone. Let him work in peace.

Lack of very basic Hive management is killing the game.

Few SQL commands could do the trick, and it won't crash anything.

It seems the devteam resigned and let the Hive die by its own death.

Ps: The standalone version will work only with private Hives or not? What is the plan?

He won't be doing anything. He said is busy working on stand alone. Let him work in peace.

HIVE != DayZ code, it is the database that all your information is saved. Once again another idiot who has no idea what is going on. This isnt even directed at Rocket, more towards Ander and the DB team.... you know the people that actually work on the DB.

Sorry but I thought the general recommendation from Rocket was to migrate over to private hives? DayZ standalone takes most time now and the community databases are being worked on instead.

Old hive is really marked as EOL (end of life and feature locked) and no support from me is done on that anymore.

There are some daily automated maintenance but it didnt include clearing hacked in vehicles. If hive was still actively maintained there's a lot of stuff that I'd like to implement and also hope to change on the side but time and effort isnt directed on the mod or old hive.

It'd be a losing battle to keep removing spawned vehicles over and over if it isnt filtered client and serverside.

Addition:

At the moment there is no active technical or support team for the mod anymore.

Rocket has turned this over to be run by the community instead while our time is directed elsewhere.

Locking this thread. My "personal" recomendation is to move toward local / private hives instead when global hive eventually shuts down. (when ever that may be I do not know, just that hive is EOL out of my personal perspective)

• Like 3