Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1995

Standalone Pre-Order

After a brief round on Google, I can't find anything to do with a pre-order (Probably because there isn't a set date).

So I'm curious, do you guys think that there will be pre-orders and if there will be, do you think you should get some bonuses like skins in game or something?

Edited by mattyh1995

Extra content for pre-ordering ruins games.

Define extra content.

Imo if it's just some skins or something then that's harmless. It's when they give bonus starting items it really does ruin it for other players.

Honestly if DayZ "the game" fixes 1/2 the current issues,(bugs & cheating) that's more then I am expecting. I would pre-order even if it means Rocket is gonna show up at my house, punch me in the throat, kick my dog, slap my kids, and make out with my wife... Totally worth it!

Although I'd much prefer a Boonie hat over a ball cap! ;) How does Rocket even feel about preorders? That is kind of status quo game stuff right there!

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

Check rockets twitter; he clearly states there won't be any preorders. :)

^ yup, rocket seems to be very much against preorders so there wont be one

He did state however that upon alpha release for stand alone those that buy it will get a discounted price over the beta and final polished versions like minecraft did with their marketing and pricing schemes, so there's that at least.

In a previous post he stated that he hated two things about the video games industry, one of which was pre-ordering. I don't think we'll have any pre-orders, and anyway, who wants to pre-order alpha? Seriously?

There will be no preorders

• Like 1

Define extra content.

Imo if it's just some skins or something then that's harmless. It's when they give bonus starting items it really does ruin it for other players.

Except skins in this game actually could lead to a advantage. Generally, Anything you get from a pre-order is stuff that should already come with the game. It's like day one DLC oh wow you already are releasing DLC on day one could you be more of a scum bag and sell me less of my game?