TGH

What do we expect from DayZ Standalone?

My biggest hope is not that they take the time to work on these maps, but leave the game open ended in terms of modifying and creating our own maps so the community can thrive in its own way. I seriously doubt Rocket would have created Lingor the way it was, and the way it is is a blast. It really helps one see the potential of the game by giving the community the power to be creative.

Exactly! I really would try to make my own map based on northern Iran. Make it take place in Tehran and the mountains north of it... (I've been to Tehran several times)

Perhaps a map based on Chernobyl/Pripyat...

I don't know about Takistan and Fallujah, to much desert x3

Tho, I've been mostly just playing on Chernaurus and I've been happy with that :P

I limit myself to Chernarus vs the others not a big fan of jungles and desert. I like the shit weather of chern cant ever leave it

I'm really looking forward to the standalone version of DayZ, but one thing that sparks my interest that I don't think has been confirmed yet is whether the graphics will be modified or improved in any way? The graphics aren't going to keep me from buying the game. In fact, I think they're pretty good!

But improvements can be made, and so I am just curious if the DayZ development team even plans on working on the shaders in the game or something like that. It is very unlikely to be on their current to-do list before the game releases, but if it's planned to ever get some graphical improvements, that'd be pretty cool. B)

~ Phronq

I'm not so sure about that though, judging from the screenshots. Not saying the screenshots look bad, but it doesn't really look like they've made any graphical improvements. Then again, they did say the screenshots were taken in "Normal" settings which explains the jagged shadows and stuff like that.

I just realized this thread has been off topic from the beginning. This thread is asking what new features will "For Sure" expect from Standalone. I will now list everything that is confirmed for Standalone on release.

#1: New engine features, including the best components from Arma 2 and the Take On Helicopters.

#2: Map overhaul, now named "Chernarus Plus" Will feature graphical optimization, new building interiors for nearly all previously unenterable buildings. Redesigned loot tables for scavenging, including tons of all new items. New locations providing a setting for background and lore.

#3: New zombie AI, programmed from the ground up with the intent of making zombies a much greater threat to player survival.

#4: This isn't "CONFIRMED" but I think a new inventory UI is mandatory for a release. We have had no details as to what it will be like. It is possible that they are leaving this system for last, as it may be one of the most critical updates.

Yeah but hopefully some of the suggestions are implemented into the game since some features are a bit lackluster.

i think i remember hearing in one of the latest dev. interviews, that they will be making modding of the SA VERY VERY difficult.

now wether that means adding new maps from the community will be impossible whos to say..

i certainly hope not. without addon maps i'd prolly long ago have stopped playing DayZ.

Chernarus simply isnt good enuf to hold my interst if it were the ONLY map.

and the thought of returning to it in the SA, isnt exactly filling me with joy. sure more buildings will be entrable. but thats about the only change i think. i havent heard of new areas or a bigger world at all.

theyve said repeatedly in interviews that it is something that, eventually, they would like to do.

Hmm... that's true. I also hope they fix the flickering shadow/light glitch when running through cities or forests. Don't know if anyone else gets that...

Oh and they should also alter the flashlight to appear more grungey. The light is just too crisp and intense. Adding a flashlight light texture effect or just making the light edges in the circle fade out a bit would contribute a bit to making the flashlight make stuff look scarier. There was a flashlight effect that looked really good in a scary game... can't remember what it was called... might have been Condemned or Left 4 Dead.

I expect a lot of things, other than the "old farts" such as better physics environment interaction, more explorable buildings, better Z's AI, and so on, making this game as more similar to reality as the developer can, the main feature I expect is the total elimination of cheats in game.

Hmm... that's true. I also hope they fix the flickering shadow/light glitch when running through cities or forests. Don't know if anyone else gets that...

You mean when you're walking around and it changes darkness and lightness continuously when sometimes you can't even see? I get this all the time.

this is HOW spread your opinion in a proper way

• Like 1

this is HOW spread your opinion in a proper way

Sorry don't quite understand your post. Love the picture though it's fantastic. Well done on that creation.

common weapons , but very rare ammo

I disagree, why? Because if you've ever been to a firearm/weapons store, you'll see that there are about 100-150 guns, but boxes upon boxes of mags and ammunitions.

That alone is proof that ammo will be very common, and a working gun (Chances are most weapons wouldn't have been cleaned or handled for a while) will be a lot lower.

Edited by (TCA_#C)Kingspiral

Chernarus simply isnt good enuf to hold my interst if it were the ONLY map.

Just curious as to why?

Do you play Fallujah and Tajikistan and the like so you can fly around in Ospreys and machine gun people from the air? Or drive around in humm-vees with mounted machine guns? Do you just want a Battlefield 3 with zombies?

What is it about the DayZ maps that aren't Chernarus that interests you?

Like I said, I'm just curious. Please don't take this as criticism or condemnation.

I disagree, why? Because if you've ever been to a firearm/weapons store, you'll see that there are about 100-150 guns, but boxes upon boxes of mags and ammunitions.

That alone is proof that ammo will be very common, and a working gun (Chances are most weapons wouldn't have been cleaned or handled for a while) will be a lot lower.

But in a "situation" like this many people would go to the weapons stores first so maybe there wouldn't be as many guns as you think :P

looks like no one mentioned it yet.....but seeing zombies spawn in a town that your over 200m away really tells you people are there etc....or if they despawn the opposite.....

cant we have a system where the presence/lack of zombies doesnt tell you anything about local players nearby