Fraggle (DayZ)

Special Event "Race day!"

Well, I've got all of these posts but I've never uploaded a vid so here goes!

Some of the guy's decided to arrange a Rallye because the server was changing maps. Everyone had a few day's to prepare their vehicles and a ceasefire was arranged (normal play continued on the other servers). The race was from the SE corner of the map and there were 2 checkpoints that had to be crossed (Gorka & Komoravo). We arranged for some bandits to wait at the checkpoints and they were allowed to damage the vehicles on the way past using small-arms fire.

Anyhoo, it was great fun so I made a short vid of it. There was only a couple of people FRAPsing which is a shame because we missed some of the checkpoint action.

BTW - For future reference, if Youtube asks, don't click "Stabalise ViD" - It has some weird side effects...

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 20

Say what now? When the hell did that happen? Anyway, nice one.

Edit, I've just entered, wooohoooo!

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Planet dayz is having a new server made just for rallies, so join up :D

is there a link went to Planet Dayz homepage and looked around but found no servers for racing...

We've only just started to arrange the next one, it's going well so we're hoping to make it a regular thing. It's a nice change to running around being paranoid. We're hoping to have a Bloodbath Weekend on a custom map too.

• Like 2

We've only just started to arrange the next one, it's going well so we're hoping to make it a regular thing. It's a nice change to running around being paranoid. We're hoping to have a Bloodbath Weekend on a custom map too.

yep i'm looking forward to that !

and nice video fraggle !

Cheers fella. I saw your ideas for the relay, that looks like it could work.

How does it work exactly? I'm coming to the event and you provide me with a vehicle or I have to actually play on the server to obtaing the vehicle and then participate with it in a race?

• Like 1

Oh hey, a vehicle race...

...I know something I won't be participating within.

Sheer genius I laughed, I cried and even might have jibbed. I would participate only I would be inclined to ride passenger I think everyone knows my track record on vehicles.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

How does it work exactly? I'm coming to the event and you provide me with a vehicle or I have to actually play on the server to obtaing the vehicle and then participate with it in a race?

For the last one we called a ceasfire on the server for a few days, it gave people time to find and repair their vehicles. The next one looks like it's going to be a lot more popular so we may provide vehicles. We're discussing the rules now but we're thinking of having to swap vehicles half way.

Lol, you need to brush up on ur trolling technique, that sucked.

Sheer genius I laughed, I cried and even might have jibbed. I would participate only I would be inclined to ride passenger I think everyone knows my track record on vehicles.

That's what makes it funny though. Everyone was carrying spares and still only 2 out of 8 vehicles finished.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Then why did you waste 5 mins of your life typing this?

omfg................... some people.............

And basicly we provide all on theese events, you just need to log in :)

So stop by, we are prepping for the Raceday 2.0 atm :)

• Like 2

Latest plans include different events in one day now to mix things up a bit. Most of us are pretty hardcore players so it's nice to just chill out for a few hours and have a laugh.

• Like 2

Great news. Please announce the event as early as possible so people like me can adjust their working shifts and consume enough beverages before the race because driving not intoxicated is for carebears! :P

Lol, will do. You should join the forums then you can follow the progress, meet some people and sign up for the race too.

Cheers mate. It's my first attempt at making a vid (including the title) but I enjoyed it so I'll be trying out some more.

• Like 1

Good stuff :D I am surprised the atv made it that far, the dude was hooking along !

Lol, some of the guy's were trying to launch the ATV off of the ski jump on Lingor earlier. One of them landed an epic jump, it looks amazing. I'm going to try and get the guys to agree to have a "big-air" event on the next race day.

• Like 1

Well, this isn't the ski-jump but here's Unrustledjimmies attempting to drive down the highest mountain in Panthera and turning into a meteor:

Edited by Fraggle