DrainBamaged

A Question For Lee-Vilayer, Re; DayZ Planet Glitch

Although, as a caveat, he does have kick/admin power on their TS3 ...

... still claiming that NO server company gives you vehicle information is absolutely asinine.

As has been stated many times... this information will be released in the very near future...

And just to point out... There are NO other providers giving that information that you claimed to be getting or that was being given.. FACT

BUT WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO!!!

You seriously need to understand that Vilayer COULD provide some services nobody else does and get HAPPY COSTUMERS.

It doesnt matter what the other do lol, they arent Vilayer.

This information should be availeble to ALL admins tbh, they all need to know what cars can spawn on the map, and leaving info like that out, is just poor service. Nothing else.

It doesnt take much to compile this list, and you would make people happy by doing it.

So get off your high horse and do some SUPPORT, insted of saying "well noone else does it, why should we then".

What you are saying there, is you dont give a crap about people using Vilayer as a host.... That exactly does not make you look good.

And btw, the bashing og Vilayer/DayZPlanet and Lee. Did you stop and wonder why people are doing this?

You need to understand, everytime Lee does something and doesnt tell about it, hes an "idiot" in the users eyes.

Its a simple matter of giving the admins information and telling them whats up. From what i can see, that exact problem, is what causes people to rage and bash Vilayer.

Most people are happy with the hardware and the product it self, but people in general says Vilayer has very poor costumer support. That is why they are bashing and raging and you cant really blame them.

Then maybe, if you know so much about the inner working of Vilayer, you could actually help people insted of telling them "we dont do that, coz nobody else have never done it".... lame excuse tbh.

Vilayer should consider doing it, people would truly love it.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Wow... lol

Seems to me that i spend my days and evenings answering support tickets... And get nothing but praise from our customers.

I understand that you have some preconceived notions... or want to make something up to support your rage... But the fact of the matter remains that The team at ViLayer and DayZPlanet are working very hard... if you want something better... get off your rear and do it... otherwise... please keep your unfounded accusations and constant demands about what you should be getting at this very second to yourself.

You are making demands of people who are spending their valuable time to offer something that is "ADDED CONTENT" above and beyond what anyone else is offering.

How do you feel that you have a right to demand anything of a group of people who are doing WORK FOR FREE?

Where do you get off with this.. "you owe me something" attitude?

Wow... lol

Seems to me that i spend my days and evenings answering support tickets... And get nothing but praise from our customers.

I understand that you have some preconceived notions... or want to make something up to support your rage... But the fact of the matter remains that The team at ViLayer and DayZPlanet are working very hard... if you want something better... get off your rear and do it... otherwise... please keep your unfounded accusations and constant demands about what you should be getting at this very second to yourself.

You are making demands of people who are spending their valuable time to offer something that is "ADDED CONTENT" above and beyond what anyone else is offering.

How do you feel that you have a right to demand anything of a group of people who are doing WORK FOR FREE?

Where do you get off with this.. "you owe me something" attitude?

Because i know what it takes to compile this list and its fricking easy.

All im saying is, small things like that, are what makes people happy and makes them tell other people you guys are great.

I am well aware that they are working theyre asses off, but apperently they took in more work then they can handle? I mean, youve been saying this for some time now really.

I am also doing all i am doing for free and out of my own time, but that doenst stop me from trying to make people happy and pleased with the result.

And why in the WORLD should i keep my critisism to my self?

You obviously dont, so quit the dobbel moral mate.

The fact of the matter is, if you provided a awsome service, people would be happy and tell other people to come and use you.

And i get off with this "attitude" because you guys desided to become Hosters. So you owe the people that pay for the product some good service and good options to keep them happy. That my friend is simpel marketing rules...

Just like the official servers "owed" paying admins a good service. They could not deliver, so people turned to private HIVE.

Dont you think the same will happen to Vilayer if you dont listen to your costumers? You took on the responsibility, so you are gonna have to deal with the people afterwards.

Another thing, if Vilayer is hosting and earning money of off it, how can they do everything for free? Lee clearly stated that DayZPlanet is fonded by Vilayer, aka they make money off of it, aka they dont do it for free. Correct me if wrong mate, but when people pay for a service, i cant see they do it for free.

EDIT:

Forgot to ask, why spend so much time porting maps when the end result feels like being taken back to DayZ 4 months ago? I mean, ive tryed all DayZPlanet maps now, and bugs keep pilling up, even old bugs we havent seen for a very very long time,

Would it maybe be a good idea to complete one map before moving on?

I am very happy Vilayer wants to contribute, but you can do it "the right way" or "the wrong way". The fact that you guys put credit, to the original mapmaker, in the mainmenu, is a big step in the right direction.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

Would love for Lee himself to stop by and clarify some of this stuff.

Seems like its needed tbh.

You can see every vehicle spawned on your RPT report for your selected map. :rolleyes:

You can see every vehicle spawned on your RPT report for your selected map. :rolleyes:

Yes, but that is only the spawned ones. Not the whole range of possible spawns.

I agree that a list would be very useful so that you don't have to wonder if the Ural really

is in the spawn table.

Six days since the last hive wipe.

No vehicles.

No aircraft.

Loot doesn't spawn when or where it should. Some "rare" loot (like Coyote Backpacks and GPS) spawn so often we consider them trash. Some buildings (like the school-office and the super market) take upwards of 15 minutes to complete a spawn cycle of loot.

Zombies don't spawn when or where they should. Sometimes they spawn before we're within 300 meters, sometimes (and this is more common) they don't spawn until we've finished doing something in an area and are moving back out past the 300 meter line. Sometimes 15-20 of them (for an area) will just pour out of one building.

Zombies aggro at night, from across the airfield, on stationary-crouched players who are surrounded by other (non-aggro'ing) zombies.

Tents won't save. And I mean the actual tent, not the gear inside. Every tent I put up disappears when the server restarts ... and that's if you can find a tent, they're rarer than satchel charges or Mountain Dew.

And finally ...

No answers.

The Fallujah map is my favorite. Unfortunately I have to be connected to Vilayer-DayZ Planet to play the Fallujah map on any of my servers. Honestly, if my server hosting company (HFB) doesn't figure out a way to disconnect me from Vilayer-DayZ Planet soon they will be losing my business. Sad to say because otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about HFB and the support I've gotten from them.

Hummm...

My 2 servers have been rocking and populated since Friday... Everything is working quite well ...

Latest update 3.8.2 Has everything working quite well for us.

Thanks to Lee and the guys who are working hard to help the DayzPlanet hive grow.

Hummm...

My 2 servers have been rocking and populated since Friday... Everything is working quite well ...

Latest update 3.8.2 Has everything working quite well for us.

Thanks to Lee and the guys who are working hard to help the DayzPlanet hive grow.

Leadcatcher22, or should I say J.B.,

Since you're one of "the guys" working at Vilayer I think your troll answer is pretty moot. If you spent more time addressing problems and less time pretending to be a satisfied customer then maybe my servers would work properly.

Leadcatcher 22,

I'll tell you what. I'll purchase an actual Vilayer server for 30 days. You and I work out some "benchmarks" such as the following:

Ticket response times

Server uptime/downtime

Vehicle (initial) spawn times

Aircraft (initial) spawn times

Vehicle (initial) spawn locations

Aircraft (initial) spawn locations

Loot spawn times (for instance, how long does it take one building type to completely spawn a cycle of loot?)

Loot spawn locations

Loot spawn %

Zombie spawn/despawn distance

Zombie spawn/despawn times

Tent

I'll bring myself and two or three other people in, and we'll run through it as gamers. I'll give you an honest run, and you're welcome to pop in any time to make sure we're not just standing around making crap up. At the end of 30 days we'll post the results here for all to read.

You up for that? I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, as they say.

Please PM me with your IP so i can unban you from our teamspeak... I will gladly set you up with a 50% off server and you can enjoy the service like the rest of our customers.

Leadcatcher22, or should I say J.B.,

Since you're one of "the guys" working at Vilayer I think your troll answer is pretty moot. If you spent more time addressing problems and less time pretending to be a satisfied customer then maybe my servers would work properly.

I am an actual customer, not one of "the guys". My panthera server has been running with no problems. Loots spawns a plenty, tons of vehicles, im not saying vilayer doesnt have problems, but being that its an alpha game, thats evolving over time, i think they do a pretty damn good job.

Please PM me with your IP so i can unban you from our teamspeak... I will gladly set you up with a 50% off server and you can enjoy the service like the rest of our customers.

IP sent.

Add to (and/or subtract from) what I've already posted as a possible list of benchmarks.

Once we've established and agreed on that I'll purchase a server normally, just like any other client.

Also, I'll run it as a private hive, on one map only (Fallujah) and I'll pass the password on to you.

OK. I will tell you again, and I'll do it slowly so you can understand.

H. F. B. hfbserver.com

S U R V I V A L S E R V E R S survivalservers.com

Both give admins the ability to see a list of vehicles on their servers.

This is bad just means admins will just send out all there guys to get the cars and then know one will be able to find a car. yes there are some bad things with vilayer hive but think if it wasnt from then we all stall would be playing the old map geting fucked on by hackers. The hive goes down o well go farm some more gear. what the new map walk for 1min and boom a car and a as50 ya good to go. its not like you are going to go help people unles you are part of that 0.01%. but yes keep up the good work lee all the new maps and adons = good training for when the zombies do come.

This is bad just means admins will just send out all there guys to get the cars and then know one will be able to find a car. yes there are some bad things with vilayer hive but think if it wasnt from then we all stall would be playing the old map geting fucked on by hackers. The hive goes down o well go farm some more gear. what the new map walk for 1min and boom a car and a as50 ya good to go. its not like you are going to go help people unles you are part of that 0.01%. but yes keep up the good work lee all the new maps and adons = good training for when the zombies do come.

I think you're misunderstanding or not reading all the way through.

1. I don't want locations. I just want to know what should be there, so by default, I know what should NOT be there. When this map (Fallujah) started there were multiple vehicles that "naturally" spawned on my server that are not in the normal DayZ. Including three CH-47 Chinook helicopters, three UH-1Y Venom-Super Huey helicopters, three Mi-8 Russian helicopters, two MH-6 Little Bird helicopters, a Russian fuel truck, and a brand new black Chevrolet Suburban SUV. All of those would have had to have been hacked into "regular" DayZ.

2. If admins want to send people out on a private hive and collect all vehicles and aircraft before anyone else can play there they will do it regadless of whether they have a list of vehicles and/or their spawn points. Having (or not having) a list of legitimate vehicles doesn't help (or hinder) admins that wish to take this aspect of the game away from their players. It does, however, help good admins who are trying to be proactive and watch for illegitimate vehicles.

3. As far as the loot and hive going down ... I pay for my servers (multiple servers) all I'm saying is that some warning would be nice. As an admin I have to deal with my players when something like this happens. It's pretty shitty to have to tell them, "sorry, I don't know what happened," only to find out the hive was crashed and wiped on purpose. Give us admins advance notice of something like this. It's happened twice (that I know of) in the last couple of weeks. On the 18th and 24th (might have the dates a day off and I'm not going back to double check) of this month (October.) Logging in to everything gone is bad enough, having to deal with regular players and not having an answer is worse.

4. As far as Lee and advancing the maps. Sure I love it. Fallujah is my favorite so far ... kudos to him. I just feel like there's a huge rush to get more maps out there without getting the bugs worked out of the ones that are already active. And again, to much lack of information. If you're going to change stuff let us know somethings about to happen.

Hello Drain,

I am extremely sorry to hear about your issues over the past few days!

There were a lot of issues with the previous database setup of which when we updated there were a few bugs that had to be corrected.

Unfortunately the new scheme of things made it so we we're unable to gain the original vehicles table back, I am again very sorry for this however there was alot of hacked in data within the vehicles and i decided it was for the best to start a fresh with that instance.

I've personally spent over 50 hours within the past 3 days to fix the issues and i am pleased to state that the issues are now resolved.

Vehicles are spawning correctly and saving correctly.

I am again extremely sorry if anyone has had issues with the DayZPlanet database but unfortunately we needed to make the necessary changes to the database for future support and stability of DayZPlanet.

It's not small project and it's still very much within it's development stage but should become more stable with a huge performance increase from now on.

Thanks for understanding!

Maybe next time look at the schema changes before just blindly updating bliss.... erm I mean DayZ Planet.