Sign in to follow this  
tbalbach@hotmail.de

Suggestion: Details in Houses -> Atmosphere

I'd love to see some things in houses that make it look like someone actually lived his life there.

I'm talking of family photografs, kids drawings, magnets on fridges...

All kinds of stuff from litter to toys. .

Just some idea besides all that "add and remove weapons" - posts.

Example:

090825-fridge-door-gm-550x364.jpg

Tillus

I like this idea of making the houses more "Homely" maybe there could be some notes left behind as well about locations of supplies.

It's great idea, though a huge task. I hope they do add some more detail to the map in the future but I kinda doubt it'll happen to the detail you're describing, it's just too much work that could be spent otherwise.

• Like 1

in the future, yes. Maybe a 6 months from now when a lot of more important things are added and functioning better.

Nice! And I agree with what everyone said, it's too big of a task and dayz needs to be long in development before they can add something like this. There also needs to be blood everywhere, on the streets, inside the houses, etc. also more rare, but random blood in the forest, possibly with a carcass from dead animals or people, either a zombie got them or an animal like a wolf. Personally, I found the interior designs slightly disappointing, it's mostly empty, there needs to be blood, stuff knocked over, as you said maybe broken picture frames, and maybe some food left in the fridge - people can't take everything with them.

Hello there

One reason houses are fairly empty is simply to keep the poly count down to improve performance. Adding too much unnecessary detail be it in polys or textures will lower your performance.

It would be nice to have detailed interiors though.

Rgds

LoK