dedicated

Enviroment idea- Blood.

I have recently seen the screenshots of Dayz Standalone and i was reading some of the comments and i thought of somthing,

Say you kill a player or a hoard of zombies, there is no gore, no blood that pools around there bodys, no blood splatter on the walls,

so, What if you kill a human or zombies, there blood gets splatterd on the ground, making it a more detailed enviroment.

Tell me your what you think of this idea.

Edit* As comments have come in, i have thought another idea, that with the current mod, you hide the body with no effort at ALL. With the blood splatter effect, say you were camping a populated route from the coast north-wards, and you killed someone, You should have to drag there dead body, and hide it yourself, and to go into MORE detail, it could let you say tip water over the blood to wash it away. Another Varient of this could be pour oil somewhere, shoot it too light it on fire and boom, your own trap, A much better, easy source of booby traps, and much less rarer then satchel charges and bear traps (Exclude the current duping)

Cheers

Edited by Dedicated Greatness

Is this a purely cosmetic suggestion?

More blood could also add to the game mechanics, where more blood in the area attracts more zombies.

Or if you get blood all over you then the zombies could smell you easier.

• Like 1

I like them suggestions, it was intented on a cosmetic suggestion but that could be good also.

Thanks for you suggestion!

Only issue is that rendering dynamic blood pools will tax the sever and client more. Definitely cool ideas but they may create more performance issues than they're worth.

A counter-measure to that would be that it only stays for a certain amount of time, maybe 10 minutes tops or my first idea was that it would be after each server restart.

The Arma 2 client doesnt hold zombies that well (Could do much better) But with new performance and tweaks to the client of arma i think this would be possible.

But if you put it into game, wouldn't you know where bodies were hidden? sure you could get the Domestos and Mr Muscle out and have a good clean but it could give away intel for good or bad!

And regards to server strain, couldnt you replace blood instead of Buzzing flies? (Which you wouldn't get as much if you hid bodies?)

Should have blood pools near bodies, that along with rag doll effects would be Fantastic. I can see the interiors of buildings being splatted up all over the place (Imagine a grenade in a room and the gore left over from that)

Is this a purely cosmetic suggestion?

More blood could also add to the game mechanics, where more blood in the area attracts more zombies.

Or if you get blood all over you then the zombies could smell you easier.

you could also have the opposite, cover your cloathes in zombie blood/guts so that zombies are less likely to see you ala "the walking dead" style

you could perhaps an increased rate of catching a cold if you do this or the requirement to find a trenchcoat before doing it that you can dispose of later on

To counter The bodys being hidden and you finding them by the pools of blood, They could make it that you HAVE to hide it yourself (Dont know if its been sugested or not) Thus making it more of a detailed experince for bandits and zombie hunters alike. I may add this to the post if it hasn't been suggested before hand.

Thanks for the feed back!

XD^ Yes, it would be cool. It needs to be brought to the attention of the Devs.

Everyone and their mother has thought of this (and my mother doesnt even play DayZ Mod). You are not the first. Even rocket has mentioned this on several occasions.

He doesnt want blood to be randomly around the map. He wants blood to be a sign of player activity. Be it killing infected or players.

Loving this idea, sounds very nice!

I can just image spraying a magazine from an AKM into a zombie and watching the gore and blood fly everywhere.

Happy days.

Vindicator, Please Link me to some evidence of Rocket or a Dev saying this. I used the search tool and no posts came up. So, provide evidence and ill re-think.

Solitude, That would be so cool! maybe even walking into Cherno with a few hand grenades and a m429 saw And just unleashing on everything that moves, then returning to we it started and look and your handywork :D

I've had exactly the same idea - please, read my suggestion. I've explained not only blood byt many other trails in the world.

Yall ever play any of the Thief games?

You had to pick up the bodies, lug them to a secluded spot, and dump them. The only real way to hide bodies was to actually carry them off and hide them! You would throw them into a secluded room, off a wall, into some water, whatever but it wasn't just "click... click... ok it's gone!" There was risk in doing it too because you had to actually move around slowly with this corpse on your back. It also made more noise.

mikhail, Dont steal my suggestion or hijack my post.

Penny, that is a great idea! i have like assissians creed? that would be sick man that type of mechanics for it! :D

mikhail, Dont steal my suggestion or hijack my post.

Penny, that is a great idea! i have like assissians creed? that would be sick man that type of mechanics for it! :D

Are you serious?

He was saying the idea has been hashed out before. It has. Several times.