Long story short:

Found a nice server with good admins that is non-pvp with pvp events, playing the game the way rocket intended [insert style of gameplay here]. Couple class act citizens join up with their sniper rifles in a high loot area - I call them on it, they swing by me saying don't shoot etc.. etc.. yes its non-pvp ok.... boom dead.. ok yea dick move on their part, admin bans offender/friend.

[removed] looks like the server was just being updated.

Edited by timmy aka silence

Found a nice server with good admins that is non-pvp with pvp events, playing the game the way rocket intended

Can you show the source of this? I hear it all the time, about every style of play. I was under the assumption Rocket intended us to make our own story,(play how we wanted) hence the sandbox! I don't seem to recall him saying he intended it to be non-pvp unless it is was an event. I've been wrong before tho, so please source to provide evidence to your statement.

Long story short:

Found a nice server with good admins that is non-pvp with pvp events, playing the game the way rocket intended. Couple class act citizens join up with their sniper rifles in a high loot area - I call them on it, they swing by me saying don't shoot etc.. etc.. yes its non-pvp ok.... boom dead.. ok yea dick move on their part, admin bans offender/friend but here is where it gets classy: they start ddos'ing the server so players can't join / lose connection etc.

I wasn't worried about the gear, gear is easy to come by, just the fact these d-bags are harrassing the server and players over an issue involving me. So yea I feel remorse for the whole issue - the server is fun, people helping people etc. Just bugs me that a couple classy d-bags like ruining people's fun over an issue involving me - so my apologies.

ps

donkeybox & chocolatemilkman: grow up its a damn game

riight as he intended....all those guns are just for the zombies.

lawl carebear. The game is pvp oriented like or not. Then you come and cry when you get shot holding hands singing by the fire

• Like 3

Can you show the source of this? I hear it all the time, about every style of play. I was under the assumption Rocket intended us to make our own story,(play how we wanted) hence the sandbox! I don't seem to recall him saying he intended it to be non-pvp unless it is was an event. I've been wrong before tho, so please source to provide evidence to your statement.

Ahh don't try to read too much into what I am saying, hey I could be way off base. But it is a game so [insert style of gameplay here] I would say.

Found a nice server with good admins that is non-pvp with pvp events, playing the game the way rocket intended.

the best part of the whole game is the tension the pvp creates - you never know what the person just spotted is about to do to you - or not. i'm quite sure rocket had that in mind, and i believe i heard him him say something along those line in interviews, too.

the best part of the whole game is the tension the pvp creates - you never know what the person just spotted is about to do to you - or not. i'm quite sure rocket had that in mind, and i believe i heard him him say something along those line in interviews, too.

yes, only time i get an adrenaline rush is when I am getting shot @, especially when I think I am all alone. I just mis-qouted him is all.

riight as he intended....all those guns are just for the zombies.

lawl carebear. The game is pvp oriented like or not. Then you come and cry when you get shot holding hands singing by the fire

\

umm how bout you play on any of the 1000's of servers that are full open PVP, and stop worrying about how a single non-open PVP server is run..

typical douchebag response.." its open PVP all the timez, L2P"..

typical indeed

\

umm how bout you play on any of the 1000's of servers that are full open PVP, and stop worrying about how a single non-open PVP server is run..

typical indeed

I play counter strike no pvp servers, we take turns letting each other plant the bomb or rescue the hostages.

This way everyone is a winner.

• Like 2

\

typical indeed

You should l2p as well if you think this game wasn't designed for pvp.

Now go back to your dollies little girl

Phwoar, you so manly, i just love a sexist prick.

Phwoar, you so manly, i just love a sexist prick.

Act like a man get treated like a man, act like a girl get treated like a girl.

Just ask the bus driver. Shoruken!

Admins can advertise non pvp or anything they want. Bottom line is it's against the rules to enforce PvP play on any server so the admin was violating the server hosting rules and can be subject to being blacklisted. Not to mention kicking/banning for PvP..

Admins can advertise non pvp or anything they want. Bottom line is it's against the rules to enforce PvP play on any server so the admin was violating the server hosting rules and can be subject to being blacklisted. Not to mention kicking/banning for PvP..

seems like you're missing some words

\

typical indeed

I don't like to take sides so first:-

Faceman never said he went on too no PvP servers and started shooting up everyone...

And now:-

Ever damn PvP'r it seems tries to back up their actions with the 'its a sandbox open ended game you play the way you want' thing, yet they arent capable themselves of accepting that some people dont want to PvP, ya know, cuz ITS A SANDBOX OPEN ENDED GAME YOU PLAY THE WAY YOU WANT...If your trying to convince us all that the game is just PvP dont try and use that excuse, you sound like a hypocrite...

Non pvp'rs, stay away from big towns, only go in as a group or at night with a silent weapon, play on servers with side channel enabled = more chance of friendlies (also some douchebags settings traps though) and maybe don't pick anything of too high value up, the most valueble item i usually have on me is an alice pack nowadays, until i'm positive i have decent players around me, and i usually just use a hatchet/handgun, also probably best to stick to your feet, vehicles attract attention end of. theres more but im tired, oh pretty much dont have anything of value in your possesion unless your damned well sure you can defend it (aka dont get atttached to your gear)

PvP'rs, dont troll the big cities with snipers (go do that at NWA), especially if your gunna then try and brag about your 234782374837 kills when we would be surprise if even one of those kills were on a level playing field...its not cool to kill unarmed fresh spawns, and you could be turning away newcomers to the game, and if they run from the mod they probably wont come to the standalone,is that what you want? to reduce the sales of the standalone? more than likely reducing the content we receive in the end? -I can uderstand you killng an unarmed person who you run into around a corner, is very close by however.

I don't PvP, I don't interact with other players much at all even though i'm on a server with quite a few friendlies right now, and i've been playing since june/july and have killed 3 people, 1 was a murder (was in a group of 6 friends and one of us ran into a supermarket alone and got shot up, thus i took the shooter out) the 2nd a bandit at NWA ATC (dumbass thought i'd passed out on the very top when I was just bandaging so i popped him as he climbed the ladder) and the last to take revenge for the death of a friend (oh sweet, sweet revenge)

I will help others though, I will inform others of valueble items e.g. crash sites (sometimes to see the battle to get to it), and I will fix up vehicles and leave them for others too (jerry can included) and sometimes deliver them to people too. I find this a much more satifying playstyle and many more should do it IMO, but effort is something some people just cant handle I guess... The real babies in this game are those who come in expecting to get everything handed to them on a plate and then when it isnt, decieve and use others to get stuff, thats just the same as saying the game is too hard for you i'm afraid you guys ; )

At the end of the day it seems most people are seeing the genre title survival game and reading into it as survival of the fittest game...

TL;DR? No STFU and GTFO, if thats the case then your probably not the right person to be reading this so you dont need to know...

Also don't know if all of that is relevant but I rarely use the forums and sometimes it's good to let it all out :D

• Like 2

Nothing is more cowardly than KOS.

And that is a fact.

no, that's your opinion. the difference is very important.

• Like 1

I'm sick and tired of all the BS that Rocket says that PVP in this mod is not intended. It is surely intended and is supposed to be as harsh as it is. For good reason, without that evident threat of losing your shit at any given notice this game is nothing more than a shell of it's former self.

Case in point. Last night, I befriend a guy named Drew on a private hive. I deviated from my main style of play, which is just to KoS. We bantered back and forth and then I asked him a question... If I arm him will he turn around and shoot me. He seemed sincere, so I armed him with an AKM (I kept the AK74-su). He found another AKM right away and proceeded to give me back my secondary rifle and ammo too boot.

Then, he is a like... " I wana go kill some people... I have been getting killed left and right." At this point I have at least 4 murders in Electro and about an hour of play under my belt on this char. We run into a couple of fools and he lays waste. Then we run into a hatchback and proceed to both light it up as it Tokyo Drifts past us. Without even realizing it, I killed two more people in this situation. We run ahead to the car and it is empty. I run into a courtyard in the Electro Industrial area and get wasted. I was tired and really stoned. The point of the story is, if you seemingly have power and the other person isn't a complete chode a partnership can work with complete strangers. Not to say, if I didn't give him a chance for a little bit longer he wouldn't have tried to kill me. But, seeming as I gave him plenty of opportunity to do it several times before I doubt he would have gaffled me.

What am I getting at with all that BS? Play like you want, Rocket intended for you to create your own play style.

One of his quotes about the Bean Wars strikes home when thinking of this perspective...

"Oh, the Zombie Apocalypse isn't going the way you guys intended? GOOD!"

Nothing is more cowardly than KOS.

And that is a fact.

Facts are backed up by proof.

Even if I think you're wrong, I would like to hear why it's so cowardly.

Facts are backed up by proof.

Even if I think you're wrong, I would like to hear why it's so cowardly.

Because he is bad, has been instagibbed repeatedly and as such has decided that it is a cowardly way to play.

There are several servers on commander now that advertise "Non-PVP" in their name. They seem to be a place for carebears to hide away from the only real challenge in Dayz. I would have little problem with this, but these servers are not private hives, they are connected to every other legitimate server. This is a safe bypass for cowards to gear up, so they can log onto other servers and shoot people with the as50, m107, or other high grade gun they obtained from carebearland. Is there a reporting process to have these servers blacklisted?

Get the fuck out. You think you are cool because you shoot every living thing on sight. Shooting on sight can be fun, but only if they can actually shoot back. Thats what me and my friends did today. Six hours of camping the north Elektro firestation. Tons of kills, tons of deaths, over 50 bodies. But we only killed those who could fight back.

Killing someone from 1000 meters away without them firing back is a pussy's way to fight.

Also, just playing friendly or non-pvp is also what this game was designed for. It was designed for making your own STORY. A friendly story, a gruesome story, a sad story. All up to you. And don't fucking complain if nobody agrees with you.

Jackass.

Act like a man get treated like a man, act like a girl get treated like a girl.

Just ask the bus driver. Shoruken!

Keep carebearing CS then.

no, that's your opinion. the difference is very important.

Not really. What motivates KOS? Fear of being killed. What is the word for people who let fear rule their actions? Cowards.