Sign in to follow this  
Fealt

Private Servers vs Public servers?

Basically I want to know which is better, in terms of hackers. I kinda want to be able to switch servers but i will sacrifice that for no hackers. I was looking at planet dayz?

Public servers= play 2 weeks you get bored of being killed by hackers,server hoppers, etca.

Private hive= No server hoppers, you are bound to that server. No or few hackers.

I play private.

Isn't there a middle ground? Whitelisted servers, are they all private hive? I was hoping you just gain access to a server that is still shared on the hive, but you need to be on the guest list to get in. If not, private still seems the way to go, since it sucks losing your gear at no fault of your own. If you wander into a city without checking the hills and get splattered by a sniper, thats on you. But to get teleported to a group and nuked... it gets old really really fast.

• Like 1

Isn't there a middle ground? Whitelisted servers, are they all private hive? I was hoping you just gain access to a server that is still shared on the hive, but you need to be on the guest list to get in. If not, private still seems the way to go, since it sucks losing your gear at no fault of your own. If you wander into a city without checking the hills and get splattered by a sniper, thats on you. But to get teleported to a group and nuked... it gets old really really fast.

Nope, No middleground.. pub servers are so packed full of shit all around the map, if i want to it takes me 20mins from a fresh spawn go to a server where i know theres alot of hacked tents, get myself fully geared up with snipers,ghillies and assault rifles. Then should i join a non hack server?

Do you see the problem here?

From the DayZcommander server list more and more are private hive these days anyway.

Any public servers with really good admin and the blue moon hacker? Or a whitelisted server or something that is conencted to the hive but you have to apply to get in?

There is sort of a middle ground I think. Some private hive servers are linked together like the Villayer ones or whatever, I think they're all on the same network not 100% sure

Find a good white-listed private hive if you want to avoid hackers, admins have total control, many have implemented fixes so that duping, combat logging and cheating are almost non existent, if a cheater does do something the server can be rolled back a few minutes before the incident took place or your gear replaced after they have been banned, for whitelisted servers, that's a lot of effort for a cheater to go to for nothing. That being said, while some private hives are awesome, there are no doubt many that haven't implemented any fixes, have terrible admins and have just as many issues with cheaters as any public server.

Planet dayz was what i was thinking, any good whitelisted servers

?

• Like 1

Planet dayz was what i was thinking, any good whitelisted servers

?

Planet DayZ is an awesome set of Private hives, very welcoming, always helpful and i have no problems at all when i play, smooth, fast and reliable servers! well worth singing up for

I must get those leggings!!!!

But private leggings anytime, public leggings are torn apart by hackers so bad, lock protected private the leggings with good admins and rules ftw.

You two,(and everybody else) when you see a spam/bot like that, just hit the REPORT button.

You will be helping the community.

The spam/bots slow down the Forums and need to be nipped in the bud quick.

The leggings bot only hade 4 posts to deal with, I have had to deal with 50+ post in a matter of seconds.

So, do the right thing and Report any spam/bots that you see.

Thanks.

I play private servers now so far i havent been killed by a hacker. Just a heads up some admins on whitelisted server get paid by hackers to let them play

I play private servers now so far i havent been killed by a hacker. Just a heads up some admins on whitelisted server get paid by hackers to let them play

Holy crap that is a good idea, i need some money XD

*edit*

That IS a joke by the way

Edited by Guidez

http://survivedayz.c...orums/forum.php

This is the best DayZ private hive mod around - check it out. It is awesome - ALL sort of cheating/duping/hacking options are removed already and many improvements to the original game introduced. Requires separate mod installation though. I love it.

I also recommend this hive. You get the option of both vanilla DayZ as well as the SDAYZ modded servers.

I found more cheating on private server .. and even more hacker ass holes killing everyone.

The only good thing is the server can be rolled back and you get items after mass slaying.

Still most I've seen have big clans that have hacked in guns and tons of cheated in gear stashed all over.

The have AS50s with heat sites and laser markers to see in any view mode they like.

Pick your fuck up nothing right now is perfect private or public.

White listed server seem safer but still could have the same item cheating issue like I said.

Yes, there's a middle ground. You can join lots of different hives and have different lives on each but remember that in a hive you can travel across its servers as the same character. So it's similar to the official hive in that respect. :thumbsup:

Private hives are good but, if they go down you lose everything. While on the other hand, a public server you just switch to another one.