Xelous

Disturbing Trend

Good Morning one, Good Morning All,

I'm coming to the boards for a rough straw poll.... Over the last month we've played DayZ on so many servers... Different time settings, different options... even tried Lingor and Takistan... Played the lot. In that time I've been shot, shot at, shooting and de-zombifying areas... I've joined groups, formed groups, led groups, left groups and laughed with groups...

I've pretty much never annoyed anyone - save for a chap called Zombie Licker - who decided to smack talk about my Mum, after I asked him how he was one day... hey ho....

Anyway, as such a stand up, nice, almost (but not quite) model citizen of the post apocalyptic world I started to wonder, why da-faq, I'm banned from certain servers?

I've done sweet FA wrong, I don't cheat, don't smack, don't hack... I just play.... My wife co-piloting with me....

Yet, there's certain servers I used to frequent from which I'm now banned, for absolutely no rhyme or reason.

So, I ask you folks of the wilds... Are you getting banned from servers?

---

Yes, I am intimating something here... But just now, answer the question :thumbsup: :beans: :)

Edited by Xelous

Yea ive been banned from one, for no reason known to me... i have suspicion its cause i maybe killed an admin? I dunno really.

Check the admin side chat messages when you are in the lobby - some 'public' servers they will still kick you... Ive seen a couple which say

Joining=kick, if you try to join, even though it is public, you get kciked

If you've been banned on one server but they add you to the CBL then that's why your banned from others, simple as that.

• Like 1

If you've been banned on one server but they add you to the CBL then that's why your banned from others, simple as that.

Yup and the domino effect keeps tumbling as admins check the list and update their servers... all i can say is that you hunt about for one you can play on!

Yup, banned from a server because we kept owning the admin and his team. It is a amusing because there were groups of players duping stuff like crazy yet they aren't banned. The admin also used to despawn his helicopter when he logged out and if he did lose it to another player then he would use his admin privileges to find another one and take it.

GloVine servers, what a fucking joke

This is what they were hoping to avoid with the public hive server and their "strict" admin code of conduct. Hacking goes crazy and private hive servers crop up, hey presto mini-Hitlers and 12 year old kids get their own servers and go ban crazy. I've actually seen admins banning players for using "their" vehicles and for using certain weapons... crazy. There must be a fair and balanced compromise between public and private hive!

Lets' hope the hacking has been properly addressed in stand alone release and it encourages more people back to public hive with fairer universal admin rules....

Yep been banned a couple of times, I just flip them the bird and move on. I figure if they ban for stupity the server will be dead soon enough.

Hello there

@OP try the community ban list thread and appeal there. As has been stated, once you get on a list you'll get added to more and more server blacklists.

Good luck

Rgds

LoK