Simple Jack

Dayz game model to military sim?

probly talked about before, not sure.

Was thinking the same general game model could be applied to a military simulator..

All pvp

If death occurs, players starts from beginning with least access to gear, or lowest quality.

character is same through all servers like dayz characters.

the benefit for military genre - more fear, more fun

Of course many ways to go about it, but you'all get idea.

has this been talked about?

• Like 4

Make a zombie mod for a military sim and then make that mod into a military sim. Seems ass backwards to me.

• Like 4

Wtf kinda slimulator do you think you are playing? :huh:. Im pretty sure DAYZ is off a military slimulator

Edited by Mastabuds

One of the biggest problems ARMA and Operation Flashpoint before it faced was the long wait times to join missions that were already under way. Running a military sim in a perpetual world like Dayz would and could be a great idea. My squad have often talked about it and I for one would play it. Also an alien invasion version of dayz would be cool. Have some beans.

• Like 2

^Yes exactly , and not just perpetual but also death is ultimate, everything achieved lost. fear ensues .

Edited by Simple Jack

So ArmA?

Lol apart from the hive based system I guess it is ARMA but I get where he is coming from.

there is no fear in Arma. if you die you get your gear back and chug to the front or not even. very different. some of you are dense.

there is no fear in Arma. if you die you get your gear back and chug to the front or not even. very different. some of you are dense.

That's up to the mission makers...

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

You went full retard - never go full retard.

Sorry Jack, had to be said.

Your idea? A mod of a mod which turns it into the original game without zombies? Arent there other mods that do this?

• Like 2

Make a zombie mod for a military sim and then make that mod into a military sim

yo+dawg+31.jpg

From what i played in arma multiplayer you earn money completing tasks which is used to buy guns,people and vehicles. You loose guns when you die although you keep the money.

so... let me get this right.. you want to use a mod for a military sim that allows perpetual characters that reset when you die, and run it for purely PvP? You run around, gun people down, and pick up their weapons to get better toys, only to get shot and start all over again? have you ever been to the NWAF? Then you've already played it!

I'm pretty sure I played an Arma multiplayer mission last year where progress was persistent. When you died, you lost all progress. I may have been slightly drunk though.

so... let me get this right.. you want to use a mod for a military sim that allows perpetual characters that reset when you die, and run it for purely PvP? You run around, gun people down, and pick up their weapons to get better toys, only to get shot and start all over again? have you ever been to the NWAF? Then you've already played it!

lol yep. Well I was reading your description and was waiting for the bit that differed from how I play DayZ. Didn't find it :P

You might consider me stupid after this, but I don't even understand what is he saying. I mean, what the fuck?

Perhaps it is you that is dense...

Thats not what I am saying.

When people don't understand what you're talking about, and then all you do is reply with a useless post like the above then how the fuck is anyone meant to know what you're talking about. If you can't be arsed to explain your own position don't start calling people stupid when your OP doesn't make any sense and neither do any of your follow up posts. So everyone is trying to work out (obviously) WTF you're on about but you can't do anything other than give shitty one sentences which don't help further explain your position and then call everyone stupid who then can't work out what you're saying - brilliant!

Have some beans.

If all the people who like PvP would leave the towns and cities they could kill eachother out in the fields and no zed would bother them. It would be a releave for the friendly survivors and changing the game would not be needed.

DayZ is a mod for ARMA2, a military simulator (aimed at the consumer market).

ARMA2 already had persistent missions before DayZ came along. DayZ did not invent persistent missions or saving data to a database.

So in direct response to OP, yes it has been discussed, and already achieved (but always room for improvement).

• Like 2