rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

We need a facepalm smilie for all the people bringing up the same things over and over again.

I want to play, for which they were banned players? Where is the evidence that I had used the cheats?? I did this did not provide that all about? No organization! Simple banned innocent players, we are for e

If the money that was paid! I shot a zombie with a walkie-talkie

What does that caption say on the old guy hanging out the window of that house? I can only read English. Thank you in advance.

Is it just me or can none of the global banned players speak English ?

I want to play' date=' for which they were banned players? Where is the evidence that I had used the cheats?? I did this did not provide that all about? No organization! Simple banned innocent players, we are for e

[/quote']

I fear you are just another one of the many innocents who have been globally banned by big bad battleye....I predict you will be hearing from a DayZ staff member soon...

What does that caption say on the old guy hanging out the window of that house? I can only read English. Thank you in advance.

"Who are you? Come bye!"

A valid point - if these bans were in fact attempts to poke holes into DayZ specifically, which they are not. BE bans tools that try and circumvent the Arma 2 engine and other such weaknesses. The hackers you see running around in DayZ can do the same in any other Arma title since they share engines. DayZ is a mod for a game, not a mod in its own right.

Try and exploit the way ingame items added by rocket works and report findings? Yes - that is alpha at its finest. Kill an entire server with an arma hack and claim it was for science and alpha testing? Not so much.

im kinda happy for all this bans. I see lots of allegedly nice guys getting banned.

Its really a happy day.

CHEATER

Stay on topic please - there is an entire forum for this kind of thing. :dodgy:

I want to play' date=' for which they were banned players? Where is the evidence that I had used the cheats?? I did this did not provide that all about? No organization! Simple banned innocent players, we are for e

[/quote']

I watched that video. I assume that is yours.

You're playing on a server where the zombies are carrying lots of guns. That its a clear indication of hacking, but it's plausible that it's not your doing. I'll err on the side of caution.

In the video, I also see tanks running around. Again, a clear indication of hacking, but it's plausible that it's not your doing.

Then I see your gear list at 14:09. You've not only got a coyote backpack, rangefinder, NVGs, DMR (that works with the NVGs) but also an AS50, and, I presume, a ghillie suit. This is pretty much the signature outfit of one group of hackers I've encountered.

Now, I say it's plausible that you're not a hacker, but it sure looks fishy.

I got my ArmA 2 map in the mail today but it wont stick to my wall with tape rocket and I don't want to staple into my wall either.. WHAT DO I DO

Thank you

truly laughing so loud the dog is looking at me funny !

[/quote']

I watched that video. I assume that is yours.

You're playing on a server where the zombies are carrying lots of guns. That its a clear indication of hacking, but it's plausible that it's not your doing. I'll err on the side of caution.

In the video, I also see tanks running around. Again, a clear indication of hacking, but it's plausible that it's not your doing.

Then I see your gear list at 14:09. You've not only got a coyote backpack, rangefinder, NVGs, DMR (that works with the NVGs) but also an AS50, and, I presume, a ghillie suit. This is pretty much the signature outfit of one group of hackers I've encountered.

Now, I say it's plausible that you're not a hacker, but it sure looks fishy.

I watched it aswell @10:38 you can see hes using what looks like a crosshair cheat.. red cross on his screen.

A user/server owner/admin cannot directly globally ban a user from all servers - BE' date=' PB, VAC, needs to detect it and ban you from their 'whitelist' so to speak.

[/quote']

This post is golden, and true. This is how anti-hack software works; this is how PunkBuster works, how VAC works, and how BattlEye works.

These programs scan your computer's memory and disks for known hack programs, injections, memory dumpers etc. To receive a "global ban", something was detected on YOUR COMPUTER.

Exactly. Funny how people don't read their EULAs.

I have to disagree with Rocket's banning of the sad, sad pandas on this thread, however.

Most entertaining read I've had since Redshirts. Just sayin. ;)

I haven't used the AS50, but I just asked someone who has. The AS50 scope does have the red center crosshair, so that's legit.

I haven't used the AS50' date=' but I just asked someone who has. The AS50 scope does have the red center crosshair, so that's legit.

[/quote']

Ahh ok my bad

erm doesn't the as50 replace the backpack ?

[/quote']

You were hacking and watching others hack.

Do you really think you are fooling anyone ?

No mercy for the hackers' date=' no pity for the exploiters, no tears for the banned[/size']

Amen Brother Fackstah!

I'd add one thing folks are sort of forgetting.

Any tool that can script, hack, et al a game that you are running on your PC, is only a step away from being used as a 'carrier' to move spyware, bots, and other malicious code into your PC. Don't think that since "this is only a game" that makes it ok to download cheats/scripts/etc.

In other words, don't be surprised to see your debit card account being drained or credit cards run up or a suddenly bad credit rating--all thanks to the bots, malware, et al that you happily let into your PC. Plus, I'd be ready to kill someone who did it to a server I was playing on and then I find out, thanks to some l33tHakker, I have a PC full of viruses.

Stomp em out, I say. And keep on stompin.

You guys should think of it that you were fired as an alpha tester, you held up production by quite a bit and are now paying the price. Remember we are here first and foremost to test a game, not play it.

Rocket please know that all of us legit players love you and the mod you and your team have created. Just wanted to say so because reading you and hackers going back and forth is like watching people throw tomatoes at an amazing street performer... Wish I was a millionaire so I could buy more copies of arma to balance out the amount of refunded ones.

I stopped reading this thread around page 5 because I had to change my jeans 7 times from pissing myself laughing. Then I made some Ramen. It was good.

Back on topic here...

Rocket, just out of curiosity - How does the BattlEye banning process work? If you have any insight on how these bans are issued it would be cool to know the "Behind the Scenes" information on it.

NOTE: I didn't receive a global ban from "You" ;) Or one from BE for that matter.

First: I think what a lot have people have been confused about is that rocket is unfairly robbing some hackers of their $30 for hacking a game in alpha. Realize that while the mod is in alpha, the BattleEye system has been around for about 3 years, and hacking it (ArmA II) results in a permaban from the ArmA II dev's and BattleEye, not DayZ or its staff.

Second: It has been very obviously posted that in order to recieve a global ban, hacking scripts/programs/injectors would have to be detected on your computer. This means that if you recieved a global ban, you MUST have done something to deserve it. No amount of GUID spoofing could get an innocent player banned.

Third: I feel like the only reason rocket and friends are having some fun with the hackers is because this is a free mod, which takes a huge toll on them personally, and after fixing the biggest problem in the game (hacks) they are getting yelled at by angsty 14 year olds who are siding with the known hackers.

Good job rocket and team, keep up the good work, love the mod and would love to be able to donate to your project.

BattlEye sent a message themselves saying that these bans should have been ignored. Why are people being globally banned now? Seriously, I know you guys don't have power over it, but at least admit that there might have been an error in the system and don't be douches about it. People who were banned for no reason should at least have a say in this. They bought the game and this is what they get back.