selmack

You only meet your first game player once - What did he do?

Played all day on same server. First day - completely new and lost. Usually taken out by a zombie hit or just lack of resources. But I am learning.

Finally heard a shot while running from zombies. In the woods - alone. No ammo but a rifle I found. Out of no where a shot - I'm bleeding. No chance to talk - say I am friendly - new - nothing. Another shot while still running away - game over. What a bummer. First person I meet is a loser.

Just wondered - is this the norm? What happened in your first player contact?

Thanks - Have a great weekend!!!

• Like 2

It is often but it is not everyone. When in major towns, stay out of view of the big hills with snipers on them possibly. Move fast... don't take forever looting. My first contact was a guy that had broken legs. I morphined him and we went our separate ways. However my first time to see someone I was moving towards a deer blind and saw three players by it, i hid by a bush and waited for them to leave and went the opposite direction

• Like 1

My first contact was a duo actually. I met them in one of the costal towns, cant remember which by name to be exact. It was dark, and zombies were rushing around, these two blasted, one of them fired a round into me.

I blasted both of them with a double tap, took their supplies, and was on my way. Not bad for my first day, and I was far nicer the next time I met a player.

My first player that wasn't a friend of mine already was someone we saw run into the cherno supermarket. My friend and I, fresh spawns armed with a side arm (him) and a hatchet (me), decide to take him out. So we sneak around, my friend goes in the front, i go around back. The guy only has a hatchet, but ends up taking out my friend. I sneak around, he's on the main side of the cabinet, looting my friend, so he doesn't even see me. I smack him with a hatchet and he falls over. I start looting my friend and notice that the makarov is missing and suddenly, on the corner of my screen, i notice the guy is moving. I get a sick feeling in my stomach and in my haste to close the gear menu, hit the wrong button and he shoots me dead with my friend's pistol. Good times. We laughed. One of only two times I've tried killing a guy. I suck at pvp.

Edited by xxblink
  • Like 1

Don't remember the very first time I saw another player but the one time that I do remember prolonged player contact was I saw a guy moving around the barns in Prigorodki so I moved in with my ak trained on him, hid behind a mound of dirt and asked friendly, by this time his friend had come out of a barn and they were both standing outside looking for me, when they found me we stood there facing eachother for a few seconds and I was asking about what their plans were. They shot me as I asked if they needed any supplies. That was when I learned it's best to either leave groups of players alone or simply kill them on sight because if they're in TS or skype chances are they have no intention of teaming up with you.

one of the first times that i played i got quite lucky found a shotgun and a sidearm some food n drink aswell and i decided to go over the top of the hill above cherno i think and sadly i was brutally murdered got shot....

A few days later i started again and spawn in some small coastal town attracted all the zombies and started running only to spot another player he had a M9 and was like oh wow, so he killed all the zombies and we teamed up after about an hour i asked for his gun and he gave it to and i left not because i wanted to steal his gun just only i had to go.

good times...... good times......

My first player was a guy in a bandit suit. Ran into him in the wilderness near Kamenka, he was just sitting, staring at me. He was armed with a winchester, while I only had a makarov (starting gear back in May or so). I ran back to where I came from and hid in some bushes. He came running after me, I didn't know how to react, so I shot him in the face a few times. I kinda felt bad about it later, but he was a bandit, so that was my justification back then.

My first contact was in Cherno. I met a guy who was new to the game like me, and we set out to try and find the hospital because he was pretty hurt. We picked up two more equally fresh players along the way(or more accurately; what we thought was the way) We found the firestation, and decided to go up on the roof to get a better view of where we needed to go. Two of our guys were roughed up pretty bad from some zed encounters; so I volunteered to go find the hospital and bring medical stuff back to the group while they defended the rooftop.

As I made my way down the ladder; one of the guys on the roof walked to the edge and shot me to death with a makarov out of the blue.

Oh, DayZ.

My first contact was a guy climbing under the fence in Elecktro's industrial park.

I had found a revolver and was facing him, he freaked out and said "DON'T SHOOT ME I'M FRIENDLY FRIENDLY" and ran off.

I tried to chase him, but i couldn't figure out how to talk. Lol.

• Like 1

um... lets see ... I was being chased by zeds, I attempted to hide behind a bush which worked for a moment, he then found me prone on the ground as I began my run again when a player came up with a hatchet. I seen the player but being new I thought to myself that perhaps he was coming to assist a fellow unarmed char (well I had a shotgun and sidearm, no ammo) he came up and struck me dead with what appeared to be a one hit k.o. with his hatchet, only to have the zombie go after himself before he could even loot anything off my dead rotting corpse ... still wonder if he got my items or was wasted himself by said zombie lol

This was also my response to a thread about the worst way I ever died.... also happened to be my first contact.

I spawned in near a small town and I was ( I assume) visibly scared shitless of the zombies. I just sort of squirmed around in the dirt about 40m from them while trying to find a way into the village. Heard/saw some SD shots hit a tree right in front of me. Flipped out and started running. Heard some bizarre ass roar, scared shitless again...Saw the guy doing the shooting and roaring (camo'd out hacker). Realized I was getting trolled. Guy proceeded to follow me through the woods saluting me while playing x-files music. Eventually he got bored of me not reacting anymore and danced me to death.

Danced to fucking death, bro.

True story.

Well the first couple encounters were actually unarmed. The first, I was looting a log cabin next to my spawn point in Cherno, another fresh spawn tries to enter just as I'm leaving. He sees me and bolts away, zeds trailing him, wouldn't have been able to help anyways.

Second, met him in three valley's, a new player. I had found plenty of food/drink and what not, but hadn't been lucky with guns far. He was the opposite, didn't have anything but a crossbow with no bolts. He was being chased by zeds when I found him, I did my best to explain how to lose them and left him some lunch and bandages on the road, as well as a bolt I found, and we parted ways. Later he told me on side chat that the things I gave him saved his life as he nearly died of thirst without finding anything, and the bolt killed a zed that was about to knock him out.

First armed encounter didn't end so nice. Had some basic gear and a Winchester. I see a female skin player being chased by zeds using the Lee Enfield. I ran over as quickly as I could and took out a few zeds, but soon after noticing me, she swings around and shoots me, knocking me out and leaving me for dead (probably thought they killed me). Somehow made it out alive with 2 zeds lingering and attacking me a bit, but I was very hurt, and got sniped soon after that.

Really goes to show how weapons can complicate things.

Edited by HerrJon

The first time I spawned in it was pitch black and I had no idea where I was. I saw a player with flares in a boat and figured he must be friendly or he wouldn't just be out in the open on the coast like that so I went over and said 'hi'. He didn't say anything but he saluted and got out of the boat. I started moving cautiously up the coast, he followed and soon we arrived in a small town (probably Kamyshovo, but I have no idea. I was new...).

I could hear zombies but it was so dark that I could only see them when they were silhouetted against the sky. I went prone and started crawling, turned around to check what the other guy was doing and he fired at me. I emptied my revolver into his face and he was dead. I ran like hell away from the town, bandaged and left the game. Traumatised... xD

• Like 2

I don't remember the details of my first death but I'm sure it was by zombies, not players. I remember the sense of shock and disgust I felt the first time I realised I'd been sniped by another player. I had to leave the game. I couldn't play, thinking about how someone could be so cold and feckless. I was convinced it must have been someone who had a mental health issue, maybe a sociopath. In fact, I still suspect that every time I get killed by another player!

So by my estimates about 90% of the people playing dayz are sociopaths! :o

Edited by Sula

First ever meeting was all a bit confusing. I'd found a CZ and was trapped in a barn busy firing at anything that moved. I was getting swamped and so in a panic launched myself off the ledge breaking my legs. That's when the guy came running in shouting "Don't shoot". He then proceeded to repeatedly ask if I needed help/bandages. Trouble was I didn't really know what I needed or how to communicate with him. I died moments later.

2nd one was more of a proper introduction to DayZ. Was looting a supermarket when a guy ran in the front carrying only a revolver. He was being chased by a fair few Zeds so I called out "Friendly" and opened up on the zeds with my Kobra'd AK to help him out. Once they were down I told him to go ahead and take his pick of the loot piles as I was okay for the moment. Which he did. I then went to look what he had left. The second I knelt to loot something he put 2 .45 ACP rounds in the back of my head. I was astonished. Then outraged. Then amused. Welcome to DayZ!

First login in DayZ, I was meet by complete blackness. The only thing I could see was the a wall of rain, comming down loud and hard. After a fw minutes I was able to destinguish a second shade of black and decided it was enough to leave the safety and loud waves at the beach behind. I think I moved 5 meters of the beach, before I heard loud moaming from somewhere directly infront of me, which forced me back to the beach. The only think I knew was the beach is a spawn zone and while it's somewhat safe from zombies, sooner or later a player might pass close by.

After a couple of minutes of thinking, which felt like hours in the black rain, I decided to follow the surf. 2-300 meters down the beach, I saw a boat bridge streching out in the water, I laso saw silluettes of buildings and quickly heard the familiar sound of zombies. I headed out on the bridge, went prone and waited for the rain to stop. After a few minutes I heard gunshots from the build up and 20 seconds later, the shooter turned to me and killed me. I later figured he had his gamme maxed, because I couldn't see more than than two shades of black and whipping rain. I died, loggen off and decided to play in daylight next time.

• Like 1

My first contact went relatively well, I first off spawned in the middle of nowhere, forests and everything. So, I decide to go and explore the surrounding area for any sort of lootable houses. Being a very wary and cautious player, I proceeded to prone all the way down the shrouded hill into a town. And as I stepped out of the bushes, I saw two players. Being a new player and all I have read up on such things as Bandits, so I see one with bandit gear. I stare at them both, and am simply paralyzed as one of them as an AK-74u, and the other holds out an M1911 Colt Pistol. Sooner or later, the other turns around and notices me, he walks up to me and checks me for weapons (Which I obviously don't have), after a few tense moments, the other asks me if I can talk on the mic. After trying to figure out how to talk on the mic, I talk with them for a bit, and they agree to pull me along. So I tag along with them, loot myself a Double-Barrel, when I should have actually gotten the Winchester instead, and proceed into Chernogorsk. No less then ten minutes in, one of them spots a ghillied sniper in the hills, so we book it and zip-line all the way back down the hill. All of a sudden, boom, the bandit guy goes down and I'm left with the other guy. So, skipping all the evasions and paranoia of a sniper in the hills. We book it into the city, and oh beknown to us, the sniper followed us in.

The next few minutes were one of the most hilarious I have ever seen. Both of us stalk a player, guy throws smoke grenade into church, other guy is actually in the courtyard next to us. Boom, guy gets killed, other guy shoots at me meanwhile screaming "I'm going to kill you! Raaaaagh!" or something like that. Sniper dude comes out of nowhere (After of course I lured tens upon hundreds of zeds into the courtyard to kill off angry dude, Sniper comes in and attempts to shoot me, I say nay and cripple him with my double barrel. Afterwards, I run out of ammo and use the zeds as my peons. Whilst they feasted on my friends, a guy with a hatchet comes up and chases me, whilst I scream "DONT GO INTO THE COOOURTYAAAARD!". Of course, he aims to kill me, so I aim to kill HIM with my TRAP of zombies. So he follows me, still a good number of zombies, then I suppose his friend comes out of nowhere and blows my face away. But I laugh as they loot the bodies and zombies swarm them.

I died happily, respawned, relooted, stalked bandits/players alike. And now I am UNB, savior of myself, killer of self-defense.

I spent 30 minutes sneaking up on and reconning a barn, I go in and get my first loot ever, As I get in the middle where you can see out both sides, a sniper on the hill shoots me through the open door. Instant death from high caliber.

I've learned to never come back out the door you went in, lazy bandit types will just let you do the work and then kill you for your supplies.

Decided I was gonna be a bandit when I first started. I had a plan, part of it was to try and kill someone who had just spawned like me so I could double my supplies. Saw someone in some hay barrels. Shot at him. that didn't go well for me.

Second, I respawn and head into a town (balota). This time I decide to play it friendly. I don't remember exactly how it went, but I found an empty ak in the tower, Teamed up with some guy, lost him, went to cherno, teamed up with some other. I find a winchester. He says he has to go afk for a bit and wants me to cover him, I do so. I say I probably wouldn't last 5 minutes without him. He disconnects. I wait a bit, then decide to move into the town for more supplies. Zombie runs up as soon as I leave where we were hiding, hits me once after i miss him, knocked out. Dead.

After dying my first time from figuring out controls, second time just being generally eaten, on my third time around I found a player.

As I was crawling toward a house, for some loot, then I heard a shot.

I tried to talk, but didn't know how to switch channels at the time, so I was stuck on Group Chat.

I saw a horde of zombies run away from me, so I turned to where they ran, and around the corner of the house, I see my first player.

The player ran around, and some zombies stopped around me, he kept running.

I tried to talk some more, with no luck, of course.

The guy came running back to where I was, looked at me, then yelled "Run! Get out of here! GO!"

So, I panicked, and thought he was going to kill me if I didn't run. I tried to type that I was going to crawl away, but he didn't see. I crawled, and crawled and crawled, toward the train station. He ran away from my with his horde of zombies, giving chase.

I thought I was in the clear, there were no zombies, and loot was just ahead in the train station.

Then I saw the guy run by, again, with all his zombies, probably grab whatever was there, and run away.

I decided "screw this", and just crouch ran away from the town, till it was a little dot.

I was never so scared in the game before that moment.

[i was also playing on the Hatventures' server at the time. Hat Films/Hatventures is a group of 3 on Youtube I watch. So it was cool to hop on their server.]

You will be shot if:

• you move too slow
  • you're not in cover, or you're not zig-zagging
  • you point your gun at another player
  • you move un-tactically right in the open, or you make too much of an silhuette
  • you do not abide when another player asks you to hit the deck and drop your gun
  • you enter a place someone asks you to stay the fuck out of
  • you take too long to answer "friendly"
  • you don't have a mic
  • you are too trusting and have better gear

I only trust other survivors when they're at the end of my barrel. In this game, trust is earned... the hard way.

Like many others here who had not played ARMA I spent my first two or three lives learning the controls and when to run vs when to hide. When I was getting the hang of it I decided to hit Cherno for a gear run (all I had was a crossbow). I am scooting along nicely avoiding zeds handily and feeling quite proud of myself when all of a sudden a bush to my left says "hey, dude with the crossbow! Want a gun?" and of course I am pleased as punch finding a friendly stranger offering me some tasty candy so I say "Yes, Thank You!". He drops a package next to me and fades off into the shadows and I am thinking to myself what a nice fella. I pick up the weapon which is an LMG of some sort and just as I get all warm and glowy I get kicked from the server for having a banned weapon.

Needless to say I don't accept gifts from strangers anymore.

The very first person I saw in DayZ was a random person running on the road, I was in a gas station and waiting for him to pass

and he runs inside of it with a hatchet, and kills me. How nice.