rocket

IMPORTANT: Central Server was Dropped

Due to constant and sustained hacking, the central server has been dropped to prevent any further degradation of service to DayZ players, and safeguard any corruption of player data.

It is now being bought back online. BattlEye is processing an update for all servers.

We're sorry for the delay, and the problems people experienced.

TO CONFIRM: SERVER IS BACK ONLINE AND UPDATE HAS BEEN RELEASED

We got info from BE that those who have previously been using hacks have received a GLOBAL BAN via BattlEye. Yes, that's right. You just bricked your copy of ArmA2 in multiplayer.

• Like 25

Thanks for the announcement, good to know when issues arise.

ETA on being able to join servers again?

An end to the misery.

Stay patient everyone, Great Job Rocket =).

It's just sad that people can't find something better to do with their time. Thanks for the update and all the hard work you put into this.

• Like 1

This should be obvious, but I don't see it spelled out.

Should this actually stop most of the hacking issues? Some? Or is it just some sort of preliminary move?

This should be obvious' date=' but I don't see it spelled out.

Should this actually stop most of the hacking issues? Some? Or is it just some sort of preliminary move?

[/quote']

As I read it it's somewhat preliminary.

It stops corruption of character data, and allows BattlEye update to all servers meanwhile, so in a sense it stops hacking issues, and then probably not. Time will tell really!

I know in speaking with a few people earlier, they are addressing the hacking issue. I'm hoping for a tiny bit more server control as an admin. Just something to help me police the damn server. The hacking is getting a bit crazy. I think that hacking will always be an issue just like it is with every game, the best most can hope for is minimizing damage.

BattlEye is processing an update for all servers.

Brace for impact. I sense something hilarious on the horizon.

We got info from BE that those who have previously been using hacks have received a GLOBAL BAN via BattlEye. Yes, that's right. You just bricked your copy of ArmA2 in multiplayer.

The Internet: Interconnecting the very best...and unfortunately the very worst of humanity. Hope you get things sorted out Rocket. We're all behind you 100%!

EDIT: Woo! Go Rocket! :D That's fantastic news!

We got info from BE that those who have previously been using hacks have received a GLOBAL BAN via BattlEye. Yes' date=' that's right. You just bricked your copy of ArmA2 in multiplayer.

[/quote']

You're the man. No. Seriously.

You're the fucking man.

We got info from BE that those who have previously been using hacks have received a GLOBAL BAN via BattlEye. Yes' date=' that's right. You just bricked your copy of ArmA2 in multiplayer.

[/quote']

I'm so happy i'm actually reading these words on my screen

[/quote']

Just awesome... I love you dude :D

Its just 4am here and this news made my day

Nice i was good about watching my server so it was never tainted and now it wont ever be.

Very nice! How about adding a statistic on the front page with the rest about the number of people banned so far?

I haven't experienced any hacking, but I also haven't played in two days. I thank you ALL of the Arma team and rocket for bringing down the Battle eye Banhammer down on those punk asshats bastards.

The heavens have opened up and their TEARS are so so sweet....

Nice work "Rocket" :P

v

v

v

v

Thank you Rocket. You just cleared roughly 95% of the Hacker problem for the time being. They aren't all gone, but since you got rid of the common scripts people got their hands on due to being announced publicly. Hopefully they will stay in smaller numbers or to none at all after this and you guys can plug as many loop holes you can.

Thank you for the good effort.