Sign in to follow this  
#Sleepy

Launching with DayZCommander | No Steam Overlay

Well I've recently started using the ability to add Overlay to Non-Steam games, and I wanted to do this with DayZ. I looked it up but found no direct answers, is there anyways to launch through DayZCommander and have the Steam Overlay?

Not sure about what precisely you want to achieve. However, under DayZ Commander settings, there is a "launch using steam" option. Have you tried this?

Have you ever considering using the launch options for Steam instead? (Assuming you have Steam version.)

Yes, but when I'd try this before Arma2/xSplit would crash when trying to Livestream.

Well I've recently started using the ability to add Overlay to Non-Steam games, and I wanted to do this with DayZ. I looked it up but found no direct answers, is there anyways to launch through DayZCommander and have the Steam Overlay?

I added DayZ commander as a non-steam game and get the steam overlay just fine when I launch it from my library. Keep in mind your friends will only see you playing the non-steam game DayZ commander, but they'll know what that means.

I added DayZ commander as a non-steam game and get the steam overlay just fine when I launch it from my library. Keep in mind your friends will only see you playing the non-steam game DayZ commander, but they'll know what that means.

Alright, well I'll try this. Thanks!

lol was going to say this exact same thing. 'Cept I only have Six Launcher. I have it added as a non-steam game and it seems to work just fine.

I was actually wondering the same thing as you earlier until I noticed I had six launcher already added as a non-steam game and that should do the trick. I wish six had a launch through steam option, though.