DerrocK (DayZ)

Remove 3rd person or make it worse

Still, when it's an option, why make it a non-option? So the 1st person purists (1pp) can feel better about themselves? (Even though 3rd person gives a better approximation of real life field of view...)

Looking around walls without exposing yourself is not real life without a mirror and a stick. Better would be to expand the fov in first person. I am for removing it for immersion if done correctly.

1st person only servers are nervewracking. Have you ever tried landing a helicopter in a tiny clearing with just first person? It's just as terrifying every time you do it.

1st person only servers are nervewracking. Have you ever tried landing a helicopter in a tiny clearing with just first person? It's just as terrifying every time you do it.

Every rotory wing pilot in the world does it daily. Imagine that.

Every rotory wing pilot in the world does it daily. Imagine that.

No, they typically land on helipads or in open areas, with the assistance of air traffic control. The group that actually lands helicopters in the middle of forest clearings is quite small indeed. ;)

Edited by amaROenuZ
  • Like 1

No, they typically land on helipads or in open areas, with the assistance of air traffic control. The group that actually lands helicopters in the middle of forest clearings is quite small indeed. ;)

Did I really need to stress the point of the whole thread. I meant in first person. I could give a shit if they landed balanced on a light pole.

I prefer to play in second person.

Or should i say "You prefer to play in second person"

Looking around walls without exposing yourself is not real life without a mirror and a stick. Better would be to expand the fov in first person. I am for removing it for immersion if done correctly.

In that case it would be forced immersion. Expanding the fov in 1st person would make details in the focus zone unrealistically small.

And how do you know the survivor don't have a mirror on a stick? Did the zeds break all the mirrors? Seven years bad luck for them, lol! :P On a more serious note, IRL we still have other senses, like those of hearing, smell and touch, which are much more finely tuned IRL than a game can ever simulate. Also, IRL we can sneak and peek much better than ingame. That would more than make up for the mirror on the stick. Thus I think 3rd person is more realistic than 1st person, as it makes up for the senses and abilities we posess IRL.

However, sure, it's more tense to play in 1st person, yet... luckily that's still a matter of preference. :)