Kerbo

TheGeeks hardcore DayZ (1.8.3/125548)[Mercenary|3DP:OFF|CH:ON]

I would like to join please if the server is still up? thanks :)

All you have to do is log on and play. :) Search for TheGeeks in your favorite game browser (DayZCommander, PlayWithSix, etc) or check the website for IP and port. http://thegeeksdayz.freetcp.com/

TheGeeks Chernarus has been updated to 1.7.5.1. Please report any problems you find.

Due to lack of time on my part and lack of player interest Taviana and Lingor are offline indefinitely. I will just focus on keeping Chernarus up to date and playable.

Edited by Kerbo

Server is offline until I can get BattlEye filters sorted out.

Back online and looking good so far.

Edited by Kerbo

There are some issues with vehicles and inventories saving as well as players spawning back in with their gear upon death. The server is offline until I get that sorted out.

Server is back online.

<Ramble>

I've noticed that a lot of people join my server and then almost immediately leave. Why is this? I think there are 2 factors:

1) People log on at night and can't see, so they leave

2) People log on and can't use 3rd person or cross hairs so they leave

I did some data analysis for fun on the 1500 alive survivors.

+---------------+---------+

| Minutes Alive | Players |

| 0-1 | 634 |

| 2-3 | 156 |

| 4-5 | 107 |

| 6-10 | 147 |

| 11-30 | 209 |

| 31-60 | 91 |

| 61+ | 173 |

So almost half (42%) of the people that join leave within 1 minute and a whopping 70% leave within 10 minutes. Looking at DayZ commander I see most people playing on the "500+ vehicles, tons of loot!!!!" type servers. That's all well and good and I can't say I'm surprised, but IMHO they're not playing DayZ. Feel free to share your thoughts.

</Ramble>

Edited by Kerbo

Howdy guys, Kerbo,

Having a problem logging on tonight, tried a few times then the server became password locked. Any suggestions?

love the server.My only suggestion would be to lock it. I find every time I finally get a chopper built, no matter where

I hide it, thieves quickly take it. I know things get found but its just to fast every time. Makes me suspect hackers.

Thanks,

Goose OO7

Hi Goose,

The server locks 5 minutes before restart to avoid people logging on right as it restarts. As for helis disappearing you just have to hide them better. :) There are at least 2 others with helis that regularly search the map for camps and vehicles. My stuff gets stolen often too.

Mercenary difficulty is where we're staying, no worries there.

Kerbo

The server has been updated to 1.7.7. Please note that the database has been wiped, this is a clean slate.

I did this for several reasons:

1) Bliss/Reality (former private hive software) is not that well supported anymore

2) The official server was released and available so I switched to that instead of waiting for Reality release

3) Migrating the old database to the new would be a LOT of work and very tedious

4) 1.7.7 is a radical change in play style so I wanted everyone to start from the same level

The old database is still there so if at some point I want to migrate players/vehicles/tents, I can.

1.7.7 on Mercenary difficulty is just about perfect DayZ in my opinion. Good luck!

Edited by Kerbo

The server has been updated to 1.7.7.1.

A lot of new peeps checking out the server last night, welcome. It's nice to see more people enjoying some vanilla DayZ in first person. :)

A faulty cable modem will be replaced on Monday, August 12th so expect the server to be offline for a while on that day. This is supposed to clear up the internet outages I've had over the last week.

I was on a beach in the Caribbean for a few days, sorry for the delay.

Edited by Kerbo

The cable modem has been replaced. This means the IP address is now different so update your favorites. Check my signature or the website for the new IP.

The server is offline for a while for an upgrade to 1.8.

The server is offline for a bit to update to 1.8.0.2.

Upgrade complete

Edited by Kerbo

We now have a DayZ Epoch server as well. Please report any problems you find here for via email.

winchester.homelinux.net:23202

Edited by Kerbo

The DayZ server is offline for update to 1.8.0.3 Update is complete.

Edited by Kerbo

The DayZ Epoch server is offline for update to 1.0.2.4 Update complete

Edited by Kerbo

The Epoch server has been updated to 1.0.2.5.

Note that due to some network maintenance the IP address has changed. Please update your bookmarks.

New IPs:

DayZ Mod 71.15.8.184:23102

DayZ Epoch 71.15.8.184:23202

Due to some hosting issues TheGeeks DayZ servers will be taken offline at the end of the month. Thanks to everyone past and present that played.