Kerbo

TheGeeks hardcore DayZ (1.8.3/125548)[Mercenary|3DP:OFF|CH:ON]

DayZ 1.8.3

ArmA 1.63.125548

TheGeeks is meant to be a hardcore DayZ experience. The difficulty is set to mercenary which means 1st person only, no map markers, no crosshair, no nametags, basically no helpers. This is vanilla DayZ with no extra loot, vehicles, etc. You can find the server by filtering on "TheGeeks" or check out www.thegeeksdayz.com.

Info: Private hive

Max Players: 15

Max Vehicles: 25

Physical Server Location: St. Louis, MO, USA (Central US time)

Restart timer: 4 hours

Battleye: Enabled

3rd Person: Off

Crosshairs: Off

Veteran: On (actually Mercenary)

Info and player stats at www.thegeeksdayz.com

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by Kerbo

cant find it

In game browser, DayZ Commander, Six Updater? Not sure why it wouldn't show up, I'll check into it after work.

http://www.gametrack...5.199.41:23102/

Edited by Kerbouchard

In game browser, DayZ Commander, Six Updater? Not sure why it wouldn't show up, I'll check into it after work.

I don't know why it is not showing up, it was working earlier. I'll keep looking into this.

Server went offline after a restart and It's been offline for a while now.

It's up now. I broke the start script last night, sorry about that.

It's working fine now, thanks.

Also is anyone interested in grouping up? I have a decent amount of starter gear if you need to get kitted out. Also have a mumble server for voice chatting purposes.

When I logged in this afternoon I noticed someone had borrowed my friend's jeep. Luckily they were nice enough to leave it out in a field where I could find easily find it (in this shot it's hiding behind the Ural) and fully fueled.

gtUqT.jpg

I took the liberty of hiding your cars better. Look around in the trees in that area, they are all within 200m of where I found them.

Since it was a long hike over there to get the jeep back I took a few supplies. Not wanting you to get hurt I also swapped you a Winchester for a couple of your big boy guns. :D

Hide your stuff better, the next person that finds it might not be as nice as I was.

Edited by Kerbouchard

Added a Namalsk map but haven't had a chance to test it. I've dropped Namalsk and Panthera in order to concentrate on Chernarus and Lingor.

Edited by Kerbouchard

1.7.3 is out! Unfortunately due to changes in the way vehicles are handled all vehicles that aren't sitting at a default spawn point are deleted with the update. I'm looking into ways to save your vehicles but it may not be possible. If vehicles have to get wiped I will try to make it as painless as possible.

TheGeeks was updated to 1.7.3 last night and there were only 4 vehicles lost. I had to sacrifice a few due to the changes in the way vehicles are handled so I picked vehicles with barely anything in them. As always, contact me here on the forums or at thegeeksdayz@gmail.com with any questions, concerns or feedback.

• Like 1

Found the server yesterday when I was searching for no 3rd person servers. It's pretty nice B). I got a pickup and some extra guns if anyone wants lift. Could use a compas and binocs if anyone has extras.

btw, DayZ Commander says that your Lingor server is on 1.7.

Found the server yesterday when I was searching for no 3rd person servers. It's pretty nice B). I got a pickup and some extra guns if anyone wants lift. Could use a compas and binocs if anyone has extras.

Welcome and thanks for stopping by.

btw, DayZ Commander says that your Lingor server is on 1.7.

I noticed that and some other server as well. It must be a Bliss thing.

With the new version of Namalsk being released I am giving it another try. Chernarus is by far the most popular but a few people play on Lingor as well. Give Namalsk a go if you haven't already, it is a little bit different DayZ experience. Search for TheGeeks or check the link below for server IP/port.

Happy hunting

• Like 1

We found a camp and took the Ural and some gear, hope your not to mad.

The server is awesome by the way only wish there were more people on and we could find a heli to fly in, we have about 4 in our crew and have been searching for one.

Hello and welcome. As long as you play fair I don't care what you do. That wasn't my camp anyway. ;) I've had my own camp found before and my V3S stolen and destroyed. It's just part of the game. Happy hunting!

The servers are updated to 1.7.4.4 + 1 hotfix of mine to fix a vehicle object update bug. Enjoy!

I was a little too hasty in upgrading Lingor and Namalsk. Those are down until some client side fixes are released to fix compatibility with 1.7.4.4. I'm headed out of town for Thanksgiving so won't be downgrading them due to time constraints. Hang out in Chernarus and eat some turkey wild pig.

Lingor is back up but still waiting on an update for Namalsk.

By request Namalsk has been downgraded to 1.7.3 and is back online. Enjoy!

Chernarus was offline for a while due to a hung process but is now back.

Trying out Taviana for a while.

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

Lingor and Namalsk are offline but don't worry all your stuff is still there.

Edited by Kerbouchard

Taviana updated to 2.0

Lingor (1.2) and Namalsk (0.60) are back online

If you're looking for a hardcore experience (Mercenary = no 3rd person, no cross hairs , no map waypoints) come play Chernarus, Namalsk or Taviana on TheGeeks.

TheGeeks Taviana is now the dayzland.eu 1.5.0 version, come check it out. It is mercenary difficulty but always daylight (for now, may change).

Stopped by last night after reading about your server on the forums. Like what I saw and appreciate the script free ability to play. I did notice that the meat on carcasses disappears pretty quickly after gutting animal, so I will need to get quicker at taking it (lost a whole cow and all but one steak from a pig that way). If there is anything I need to do to hang around and play please let me know so that I can be a good citizen/zombie stalker.

Flat

Hi Flat, thanks for stopping by. I haven't noticed the meat disappearing issue but will check into it. There's nothing you need to do but have fun and don't cheat. :)

Happy hunting

• Like 1