Hi all.

I will LOVE if Dayz has NPCs, like in Stalker (or most games). - in the MOD or a future stand-alone.

NPCs can be survivors (all friendly), bandits, or heroes (can offer a bandage or blood). Also possible for the server admin to set ratios.

Something like 10 survivors, 2 bandits, 1 hero.

Also provide some way to broadcast a general location where a bandit was last seen.

This addition will add variety and be even more helpful in a future offline version of the game. Just to keep zombies from being the only things walking around when the players are gone.

thanks!

Edited by enewmen

USE SEARCH?

If you would have you also would have noticed that you shoudnt have posted this thread...

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I think you missed my point.

Without NPCs, playing Dayz OFFLINE will be a very lonely place.

When I said the admin can change ratios, I was referring to you - the one playing the game.

Zeppa, what category should this thread go? Yes, I am new here.

Thanks for the posts!

Edited by enewmen

Not an offline game?

I have a LAN game running now and I'm the only one playing.

This worked great for a long airplane ride :)

The benifit will be more obvious in a offline stand-alone title.

Edited by enewmen

I'm just away to buy EVE offline.

:facepalm:

I'm sure the standalone will be able to give you an offline adventure,

But the whole theme of DayZ is one of surviving the hordes of undead alongside HUMAN characters, controlled by Human players.

Everyone else is trying to kill you by default, probably 90% of the people you meet will kill you by choice. But it is still a person making a choice.

In this world NPC's just wouldn't cut it.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

it is made for multiplayer. there is like no challenge in SP, even if you add NPCs they are much more predictable than humans

The benifit will be more obvious in a offline stand-alone title.

I highly doubt there will ever be such a thing. It's against the purpose of the game. If you want NPC's and safe zones go play War Z, I heard they will have all that.

Edit: Double post, phone always does it for some reason

Edited by Lights Out

No no... se section is right, but the topic is useless as it have been suggested 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx times and everytime the out come has been the same as you can see here. its a big NO, i think no one has the interest of explaning and arguing everything all over again.

Also people have tendency to forget the tags from the topics so its harder to find em. But just let this thread die, its done to death.

it is made for multiplayer. there is like no challenge in SP, even if you add NPCs they are much more predictable than humans

wrong if they were to use arma NPCs players would cry and all go back to online play as the NPCs would be the equavalent of Counter strike hackers who take every drug on earth, eat raw caffeine and just generally destroy everything, you say they are predictable i say unless youve played standard arma you have no idea what youre saying. all in all no offline play its lame and takes all the fun out of it.

Why are you even online when all you want to play is alone? Pull the plug out like it was before you found out that was the internet cable.

I DO like to play online with real people the way most people play Dayz.

That's just not always possible.

If I didn't think Dayz was awesome the way it is, then I would not have bothered to register to this forum :D

I looked at Warz, looks good. But after playing Arma 2, all other FPS looks like toys to me.

Edited by enewmen