Sign in to follow this  
ziogualty

Too Many Loots?

After a couple of days of total fear and excitement, things (expecially in less populated servers) are waaaay too easy!

Actually i have:

AK74 kobra + 5 clips of ammo.

1911 + 4 clips of ammo.

2 bandages.

2 painkillers

2 morphine

1 antibiotics

i still have 16 on my czech pack, that i use to store:

2 smoke grenade

5 drinks

5 food

and still have room for 4 items.

And when i will find the biggest pack, other 8 slots.

So your inventory has LOADS of rooms to make you feel like you can start a war alone.

In addiction, each server has a fixed amount of loot made to feed, arm and equip 50 players average.

that's way i would like that the quantity and quality of spawns will be bound to the number of players on the server.

And things always get easier after the first days: hunting knife, matches (and now to eat is no more even a nuisance), better armed, with a veichle, and a couple of friends it become like a safari.

I know there are many way to solve that, like put a cap on inventory for same items like food (2-3), ammo (till 6), drinks and such.

Or making "classes" with bonuses and penalties on the amount of things they can store or use.

Dunno really.

But i would like that the struggle for keep breathing should be in some way much more difficult (as the starting hours) than it is actually.

Thoughts?

Edited by ziogualty

Don't play on low pop servers unless you want an easy time. If you play on 30-50 player servers you wont hold that gear for long.

I think that's pretty much the tone of the game now, there are too many servers and not enough people to play on them. This game was intended to be played on high pop servers, or it was certainly a lot harder and more exciting when there were only 8 servers and you basically had to just play on which ever one had a slot free, day or night!

If you want it a bit more challenging try a more heavily populated server, however you might want to go private hive for the moment as high pops tend to attract script kiddies too!

• Like 1

Don't play on low pop servers unless you want an easy time. If you play on 30-50 player servers you wont hold that gear for long.

Only because some script kiddie will either mass kill everyone in the server, teleport everyone to one spot, or teleport behind you and kill you.

Playing on high pop servers is asking to be robbed of your time.

• Like 1

Only because some script kiddie will either mass kill everyone in the server, teleport everyone to one spot, or teleport behind you and kill you.

Playing on high pop servers is asking to be robbed of your time.

There is no difference on low pop. I joined 4 different servers last night of 8-12 players and Heli's, Everywhere Heli's. I'd rather roll my dice on a high pop server with better likelihood of having an admin online.

Edited by Lobo

I think that's pretty much the tone of the game now, there are too many servers and not enough people to play on them. This game was intended to be played on high pop servers, or it was certainly a lot harder and more exciting when there were only 8 servers and you basically had to just play on which ever one had a slot free, day or night!

If you want it a bit more challenging try a more heavily populated server, however you might want to go private hive for the moment as high pops tend to attract script kiddies too!

Exacltly my point.

In the end, this is an alpha, so it has some issues.

But nothing to complain. Just to point out some of them hoping devs will find the key to solve matters.

low populated server= too easy

Much populated server= too many hachers ruining everything.

As you wisely suggested, i took a private hive for myself, and i'm about to play with "fake rules": never take more than 3 food, 3 drinks and 6 magazine of ammo, and other fake rules like this.

More, i gave my friends (hope they will join me in the hive) abilities: only one can repair veichles (engineer), only one can use sniper weapons (soldier), only one can store advanced medicals (medic) and so on.

Of course, no duping, or DRM weapons (magazine bug) no nv goggles or thermal, and so on.

Hard to play "Role Playing Game" style, but it's the one that fulfill at best my enjoiment in Dayz!

;)

Edited by ziogualty

If you want a more challenging game, just don't wear a backpack, so you have to keep more of an eye on what your carrying and what you need.

I wouldn't want to be running round carrying a massive pile of stuff on my back IRL, so it makes sense.

Would be nice if carrying less let you run a bit quicker, but DayZ can't do everything, it's only a mod after all.

Or just never carry food, only eat when you're hungry and happen to find food in loot, or after you hunt and cook a piggy.

I used to do a similar thing with the Bethesda versions of Fallout (FO:3, FO:NewVegas), just carry a rifle, a knife/pistol and minimal food/drink/medical items at a time.

Massive inventory space is very gameish and makes surviving way too easy.

Edited by Chabowski

I think he refers to the fact that players don't experience any hardships that normally occur when having an event like this f.e. hunger, thirst...a lack of everything. Medical care f.e. - a lot of people would need medical treatment and it would like in those refugee camps in Africa, meaning too many in need not enough supplies. Atm you literally stumble over weapons, food, cars, parts etc. You need medical supplies? Just go the the next hospital...Ammo? Deerstand...Food? Grocery store.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2