Macciavelo

[SOLVED] Stuck at Loading Screen - Please help

Hello and thanks for reading,

Since yesterday, I haven't been able to connect to a private hive that I have been going to for quite awhile. The problem is that I keep getting stuck at the Black screen with the green text that says "loading". I have tried waiting for 20 minutes, and still nothing.

This is what I have tried doing:

*Reinstalled Arma 2 and OA.

*Reinstalled Dayz Commander.

*Did a Manual install of DayZ when Dayz commander failed to fix it.

*Tried installing the latest beta patch, both from the website and from DayZ commander. I tried different versions, including the newest one.

*Defragged OA from Steam.

*Ran steam as an Admin.

*Tried downloading and installing the newest battleye file.

I doubt that my system specs have anything to do with the problem, since I have been able to access the server before with the same computer, but here they are just in case:

Windows 7 x64

AMD FX 6100 with six processors.

AMD HD 6850 Graphics card.

8 GB RAM.

So, please, help me find a solution to this. I was really having fun on that server until that problem happened. I understand that DayZ is still in alpha, but I would really like to know if there's anyway around this problem.

Before anyone says anything about searching through the forums, I have pretty much tried most of the solutions given.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that you can help me.

EDIT: I can go into any other server, except for this one. Just in case anyone asks. Oh, and it's a chernarus map server with 80+ vehicles.

Edited by Macciavelo

one reason could be, that your character is somehow bugged on the database. since i am running a private hive server myself i know this can happen. try to contact the admins with databse/log files access. what you can do is to delete your character from database and recreate it by joining the server, the gear will be lost. or the admins would be nice to give it to you back (it is possible! at least on our server!)

you also can try to update your battleye manually. copying the battleye client dll to(download the latest file from http://www.battleye.com/download.html):

your arma 2 oa steam folder:

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

and here (hidden folder!! google how to see hidden folder on windows)

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

this helped me!

• Like 2

one reason could be, that your character is somehow bugged on the database. since i am running a private hive server myself i know this can happen. try to contact the admins with databse/log files access. what you can do is to delete your character from database and recreate it by joining the server, the gear will be lost. or the admins would be nice to give it to you back (it is possible! at least on our server!)

you also can try to update your battleye manually. copying the battleye client dll to(download the latest file from http://www.battleye.com/download.html):

your arma 2 oa steam folder:

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

and here (hidden folder!! google how to see hidden folder on windows)

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

this helped me!

Now, this brings up a followup question: How does the hive identify you (the player)? Is it via the BattlEye ID? I have the same issue as above, but even after creating a new profile, I'm still stuck. Is there a hidden cache on the client side?

PlayerID - this is how i can find others and myself in the database

There should also be a table named "profile" where all players are listed + ingame nicks - there you also can find theirs IDs

Edited by oppa

Okay, so I have tried installing battleye on those folders, just as you said, and still no luck. I haven't tried deleting my profile from my server yet, since I want to try one more time to log in with a clean install. I deleted all folders remaining after uninstalling through the Steam interface, and I also deleted all folders on the C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ folder that had anything to do with Arma, BattlEye, DayZ commander or DayZ. Once I get home, I'll see if that worked. Otherwise, I'll have to ask the server's admin to delete my profile :( .

Oh and thanks for all the help, Oppa. Have some :beans: .

I'm sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let everyone know that deleting my profile from the server's private hive actually did the trick. I'm now able to join the server with no problems at all. So, if anyone if anyone is having a similar problem, have the server admin delete your profile from the server.

Thanks again, Oppa.

My server admin is still pretty new to the gig. Can I get some help/direction to instruct him where to look for my profile and how to delete it so I can rejoin?

Many thanks!

I have found another way that has seemed to work for me, I ran DayZ trough ArmaII OA beta and it worked just fine.

• Like 1