Sign in to follow this  
Drew1231

Make zombies Randomly Kill in 1 Hit

Sound like a bad idea?

Ya, well surprise, its already in the game. If you are soloing and get knocked out in one hit then you will more than likely be eaten before you can wake up.

Lets take this out of the game, its a useless mechanic, solo players have it hard enough and it has little effect on groups who can protect their down friend.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Don't you only get knocked out if you are low (below 10k) on blood?

Awful idea.

Even when getting knocked down, I can still get up, shoot the zed, and bandage myself before I die.

And you're basically supporting the idea of traveling in groups.

• Like 1

its bad enough zombies take like 800-1000 blood away from me, randomly break my legs and knock me out. Even make me start bleeding because a zombie scraped me with its fingernails.

No, this is a horrible idea. I do agree that zombies should do more damage, but not with the current "slap" animation. I say slap animation because thats what it looks like, it wouldent hurt anyone in real life. They should bite or do something more nasty, longer fingernail perhaps?

Edited by koze

I dont think that 10k is very low.

Awful idea.

Even when getting knocked down, I can still get up, shoot the zed, and bandage myself before I die.

And you're basically supporting the idea of traveling in groups.

If there is a group after you this is not possible, if there is only 1 then you can easily get away... agreed.

I normally travel in groups; however, if i have to split off because nobody is on or i just spawned, i dont want to get killed in 1 hit.

its bad enough zombies take like 800-1000 blood away from me, randomly break my legs and knock me out. Even make me start bleeding because a zombie scraped me with its fingernails.

No, this is a horrible idea. I do agree that zombies should do more damage, but not with the current "slap" animation. I say slap animation because thats what it looks like, it wouldent hurt anyone in real life. They should bite or do something more nasty, longer fingernail perhaps?

Ther topic is obviously sarcasm, please read OP.

Get out of the mindset that 10k blood means 75% healthy. You were bitten multiple times by someone infected with the rage virus, fix yourself to 12000 blood before you put yourself at risk again.

I would prefer the option that they can grab you and drag you to the ground thus tearing strips of you and ripping your guts out.

Really as far as i am concerned if you are surrounded by zombies, close enough for them to hit or grab you, you are dead meat.

• Like 1

I like it just the way it is, maybe there could be zombies who are a little stronger, and others who are weaker.

Aren't they able to bite you while crouching? But until the standalone hasn't come out, we don't have to argue about the current animations anyway. I hope you aren't serious about the fingernails though

Edited by ParalyZe

I believe it's actually 8k.

And if I was missing a third of my blood, I think I'd be feeling a little woozy too.

Get out of the mindset that 10k blood means 75% healthy. You were bitten multiple times by someone infected with the rage virus, fix yourself to 12000 blood before you put yourself at risk again.

Do you really think that it should be that high? Maybe a number like 5k, 10k blood is very healthy. I shouldn't have to blood bag at 83% health to avoid a 1 hit kill.

I would prefer the option that they can grab you and drag you to the ground thus tearing strips of you and ripping your guts out.

Really as far as i am concerned if you are surrounded by zombies, close enough for them to hit or grab you, you are dead meat.

So, for the record, you do think that they should be able to 1 hit kill if there are 2 of them?

Who even gets hit by zombies these days anyway?

A single bite should be deadly, as seen in 28 days later. But there should be ways to avoid them getting that close (shoving them with your weapon or hands). Also when the zeds will be able to run inside buildings it will add a little more challenge I think.

Who even gets hit by zombies these days anyway?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

The solution to your problem OP, is to not get hit by them.

A single bite should be deadly, as seen in 28 days later. But there should be ways to avoid them getting that close (shoving them with your weapon or hands). Also when the zeds will be able to run inside buildings it will add a little more challenge I think.

unless that bite has ripped an artery... in one of the Rockets said that survivors are immune to the virus.

unless that bite has ripped an artery... in one of the Rockets said that survivors are immune to the virus.

yeah I mean, who survives a zombie virus that infects perfectly healthy people able to throw their washer out to form a barricade unless you were immune to the virus itself

• Like 1

So why have a blood count then? What's the point? I mean if 1 hit kills are acceptable? Following the same idea, every other FPS would be a lot less fun. Every strategy game, let's face it..every game would suck; especially one that takes about 20-30 minutes of play to reach an objective when you spawn. 1-2 hours play, you got great gear and are doing well- zombie hits you through a wall 1 hit and you pass out...game over? This is why games usually have a healing system or unrealistic way of guaging health. Because you are NOT there in person so you cannot possible feel out your location and position to a realistic precision level.

The amount of fail by people who only read the thread title is seriously making me sad that these people are considered the same species as me.

The health system will be overhauled in the standalone anyway, no longer will the blood count be your health bar. Instead of 'bitching' about how bad the health system is right now, how 'bout making some constructive suggestions what could be done differently?

Getting Mike Tyson'd by a zombie is bad enough. We don't need a one hit kill.

We need accumulative hits to knock you out. It's a common occurrence for to be one hit knocked out for 45 seconds. Once I went prone and pressed escape to logout. A random silenced zombie came out of no where and KO'd me. Had to alt f4 cos that's bullshit and I ain't dying from that. Another time a was running into and empty building and a zombie spawned infront of me and KO'd me. It is not fun.

Do you really think that it should be that high? Maybe a number like 5k, 10k blood is very healthy. I shouldn't have to blood bag at 83% health to avoid a 1 hit kill.

Yes, I think it should be that high. Anything below perfect in my mind is injured. You can't just ignore an injury and then cry when you get killed because of it. It's like the people who complain about having to crawl kilometers because they weren't carrying morphine. The game should not be changed to suit laziness. Don't get hit by zombies, and when you inevitably do, fix your shit.

Not one hit kill but drag you down and bleed you out - if you dont have a friend to help you are in deep shite!