Jex =TE= (DayZ)

Are Choppers needed in DayZ?

I sense OP is going to go on a killing rampage in game very soon. Let it out. Kill them Cherno scrubs and show them whos baus.

• Like 1

Actually no let's not. I'm done putting up with fucking idiots in life and I'll call them out wherever they are. Dayz sure showed one thing, given no come back, most people are assholes. You can tell that by the way most people play - or maybe most dayz players are assholes would be more accurate. I see no reason to stand for it.

Yeah... look, assholes are everywhere just waiting for an opportunity to flame and troll, and they love to congregate on teh Internets above all else ;) For my part, I hope we can all chill out a little here cos your original post about choppers is an interesting topic and it makes more sense to talk about that than to get into some kinda personal war on a public thread.

So... you don't like choppers? :)

I will do no such thing, guy brings up something and then the first response that does not agree with him he goes straight into douchebag mode.

If u had a brain u could read, though I already answered this above however the ;) would normally indicate I'm joking around with what I said but since u require baby food because ur not on solids yet, I feel the need to point this out to you ;)

Actually no let's not. I'm done putting up with fucking idiots in life and I'll call them out wherever they are. Dayz sure showed one thing, given no come back, most people are assholes. You can tell that by the way most people play - or maybe most dayz players are assholes would be more accurate. I see no reason to stand for it.

Okay then. I am just saying you are obviously intelligent, just the profanity doesn't really help. We have had a steady influx of door knobs lately. I'd hate to see some of the posters I happen to agree with (more often then not)get a suspension/banned.

We went head to head before right? Yet we can still be civil with each other. Now by all means insult the people that you deem idiots, just be more creative and less profane. ;) Again I want to keep you around!

You're just as dead if I shoot you with an enfield or an M107. Given the thousands of vids and streams of people (not to mention personal anecdotes on forums and reddit) I'd say that the 'sandbox' is largely playing out darn well given the equipment in game. The high end stuff needs to be there. It provides a carrot to motivate players to leave the coast., to find a car, to setup a camp, to keep going to hot spots. Without high end gear, you pull the bottom out of the bucket and the whole thing falls apart. There's nothing to keep people playing, and you can't make common weapons rarer. Besides how many times have you come across dead high end geared players, or killed them? The advantage is tenuous at best. Seeing the other person first is the only true advantage in the game.

I'd argue that this isn't a sandbox game for the reasons all u do is walk around collecting loot and shooting players. Yeah u can make a base or fix a car but really, the options are pretty limited for "you can do anything you want" - I don't think you can. You have a limited set of options available to you which in the end boil down to "search for gear" and "kill other players"

It needs high end gear in it but it needs more as well. Just getting better and better guns doesn't cut it. The SA will give us the ability to make things as I understand it so this should add a lot more value to the end game (which let's face it, there isn't one afaik).

Helicopters are difficult to find, and once you do they require a ton of parts and fuel. They are easy targets.

They have more disadvantage than you think.

They're just another hard to get toy. Keep them. I'd rather have the hacks fixed, and added waterplanes.

They require no more parts than a bus and once the MRA is fixed, you can fly it away. The fuel actually isn't that much of an issue - you can fill them up pretty quickly on your own but yes, easy targets if you fly like a numpty and even if you don't, still fairly easy,.

Not a fan of choppers at all. Never knew how easy you could spot everything until I was in one. We could basically look over the whole map within an hour and get all camp locations. Nothing is safe when there's a chopper on the loose.

The only way I can see myself hiding a tent is glitching it inside a building or placing it under water.

Would not mind at all if they were taken out.

I do understand completely where your coming from, but without them dayz would just be an average zombie shooter. Choppers are what sets dayz apart from the competition at the minute.

This doesn't even make sense. Do you know how many times I see a chopper when I play dayz? So little they may was well not be in the game. How would it be "just an avaerage zombie shooter" without them? I cannot get my head around this statement. Maybe ur playing on servers where they do formation flying with coloured smoke and blaring out Ride of the Valkyrie but on the servers I play on, hardly see them at all and when I do they do not make the game.

What makes dayz and sets it apart from all the others in the map. The huge map along with the ability to mod is what sets dayz apart. If the map was a quarter of the size it is now dayz would be shit, nothing but a bloodbath (if it isn't that already). In fact right now, I would say DayZ ins't even a zombie survival game since the zombies are nothing more than a nuisance and the only threat comes from other players. It's more of an elongated death match with shit to pick up but here's hoping the SA fixes all that and we get some really good zombies and bring this game back to what it was meant to be.

My 2cents - No

Now, I know DayZ isn't about balance at all but with how the current loot spawns, helicopters are just waaaay to fucking powerful of a tool.

Use this as an example - Team A gets a helicopter working, they can search the whole map for all of the vehicles within an hour and take them away to their base.

After a server restart they can search for all of the crashed helicopters in the map and get all of the best guns without having much risk involved at all.

Now, if AS50s,M107s and L85s spawned at the barracks then this wouldn't be as much of an issue but they don't and they are far to easy to acquire (duping aside)

Now you may say "Oh but there are 2-3 helicopters on each server"

Well what is to stop 1 team taking all of the other helicopters back to their base? Along with all of their vehicles.

Do helicopters belong in DayZ? No, not at all.

They take away much more than they add

Frankly I was being a huge dick and derailed the conversation, but in fairness the OP was a huge dick when someone respectfully disagreed so I do not really feel bad.

Please explain how I was "a huge dick" and back up your explantion with valid points and then perhaps were can move on to more civil conversations?

Also the biggest problem is hiding the chopper good enough so it will be waiting for you next time you log on.

Just fly it off the map somewhere - easy.

Getting a chopper to full repaired the legit way can be a lot of work. It is a pretty easy target unless it's moving fast or high up and doesn't get too much ammo. I think it is pretty reasonable.

That's not what I'm arguing, Repairing a chopper in my experience is not more difficult than repairing a car. In fact, i'd say less work. If a car requires four wheels it can take hours trying to find them. All a chopper needs is the rotar assembly to get it away (and fuel - maybe a fuel tank part) and then it can be repaired as and when. However, once u have the chopper, for those people on the ground hiding their bases in the woods means they are easily visible from the air and they shouldn't be. I've had choppers before and my group found them to distract from the game if anything - not saying that's a valid argument for their removal as that's just personal opinion.

I sense OP is going to go on a killing rampage in game very soon. Let it out. Kill them Cherno scrubs and show them whos baus.

LOl - not really. I'm actually very reasonable and chilled out but it is fun to go OTT for amusement and shitty arguments are fair game ;)

Yeah... look, assholes are everywhere just waiting for an opportunity to flame and troll, and they love to congregate on teh Internets above all else ;) For my part, I hope we can all chill out a little here cos your original post about choppers is an interesting topic and it makes more sense to talk about that than to get into some kinda personal war on a public thread.

So... you don't like choppers? :)

No I love choppers - massive flight sim fan. The SA will use Take on flight model which is awesome, means u'll need to learn to fly the thing than the arcade crap we have now but.... I have argued that dayz doesn't need a complex flight model using up resources that could be better spent elsewhere (but it's already in the code so removing it would mean re-engineerinng the whole game). Dayz does not need to be a flight sim - the current flight dynamics are fine as they are and as i've said, choppers are a tiny part of the game - how many people here see them or use them enough for them to make any difference to their lives on the ground (other than knowing any base they set up will be spotted by the group holding them and that they require zero maintenance which complex machines like choppers need a lot of AND the personnel that actually know how to service them - anyone here know how to server and fly a chopper in rl because in an apocalypse, you would not see choppers flying around in the skies.

• Like 1

Fixing the tree issue or removing 3 vehicles from the game affects the balance and ruins it? Try reading my post again moron,.

Does your dad beat you, because you've got some serious anger issues. Better try and work on that. Otherwise I'd vote you in as "DayZ Forum Poster Most Likely to be Seen on the 11 o'clock News".

Edited by Lobo

Does your dad beat you, because you've got some serious anger issues. Better try and work on that. Otherwise I'd vote you in as "DayZ Forum Poster Most Likely to be Seen on the 11 o'clock News".

Typical of someone who doesn't have an argument to try and avoid answering a question by trying the age old trick of asking another question completely unrelated until one of the arguee's throws in a "you sir are a nazi"

So you've still got nothing to say and the only issue I have is with idiots who post up drivel and provide nothing constructive like this

Of course they give an advantage. As they should. The game shouldn't be balanced. Life isn't fair and neither is DayZ.

Brilliant - in fact I'd go as far as to say pure genius. I was wrong, the depth and insight your post gives is so awe inspiring I didn't realise how awesome it truly was.

Your right! LIFE ISN'T FAIR AND NEITHER IS DAYZ!!!!

"it's not what you put into a game that makes it great, it's what you leave out of it"

Of course we could add jetpacksand lazorguns and all that shit to dayZ, but that wont make it a better game, dayz in fact is way too easy it is right now, and balance is important in EVERY game, even if rocket calls it an anti-game

without balance, everyone will run around with the best shit

example: every duper runs around with L85 and AS50, guess why, they are OP as shit in comparison to other stuff, just like NVGs have no downside at all, it isnt even irritated by rain, which in RL is a huge problem, and things without downsides are never good for a game, at least not if those things are so common

i'm not a fan of the L85, AS50 and NVG awesomeness, with the standalone they wil require much more care and batterys, which is awesome, i hope they reconsider the shoot-your-toe-drop-dead-oneshot stuff as well with the .50s

however, back to the helo, its just THE anti-camp thing there is, its not especially good in fights, nor bad, and risky since .50s tear it apart, but the bugged view of tents and vehicles and the big white indicators for cars and other hueys when flying a day makes it just to much to easy

lets just make it the servers choice if they want to have a huey or not, and be good with it

Typical of someone who doesn't have an argument to try and avoid answering a question by trying the age old trick of asking another question completely unrelated until one of the arguee's throws in a "you sir are a nazi"

So you've still got nothing to say and the only issue I have is with idiots who post up drivel and provide nothing constructive like this

I already made my arguments beginning on post 11 including posts, 16,22,24,30, and 32. Since those completely invalidate your vacuous 'point' made in your OP I am to assume you ignored them. Thumbs up champ. Keep embarrassing yourself with these rage filled posts. You're making an excellent example for everyone trying to learn how not to argue a point.

I6GSf.gif

Edited by Lobo

I already made my arguments beginning on post 11 including posts, 16,22,24,30, and 32. Since those completely invalidate your vacuous 'point' made in your OP I am to assume you ignored them. Thumbs up champ. Keep embarrassing yourself with these rage filled posts. You're making an excellent example for everyone trying to learn how not to argue a point.

I6GSf.gif

I haven't seen a valid argument yet. Try again, maybe after they let you out of school

lets just make it the servers choice if they want to have a huey or not, and be good with it

It is a server choice on Private hives, not sure about what the SA will offer admins as options.

I haven't seen a valid argument yet. Try again, maybe after they let you out of school

Then you didn't read the posts. (Doesn't surprise me) Nice ad hominem attack as well, I'm 30 and gainfully employed. Keep trying though. You can't swing and miss forever.

wow, forums wars ftw

you guys could as well reduce your posts to "Yes it is!" and "No it isn't!", that would make it way easier to ignore

• Like 2

So I gathered from some of the more relevant posts on this thread that the chopper is the ultimate camp-busting machine and also provides an unfair advantage in locating other vehicles by radar. I've only flown a heli twice in my time on Chernarus and never used it to locate camps (believe it or not that never occurred to me), so I can't comment on that, though I certainly believe it. But these are issues that can be easily fixed with a few tweaks, rather than taking helis out of the game completely. Imo that's the way to go, because having airborne threats really adds excitement to the game. Like I said: I'd like to see aircraft stay in DayZ and hopefully they will have a larger role to play in the SA, albeit tweaked so that they don't provide a totally unfair advantage.

There is no radar on the heli anymore. You must locate with your eyes only.