Jex =TE= (DayZ)

Are Choppers needed in DayZ?

Navy I think it was this delightful chap that called me a cunt. Obviously intellect is far beyond him since he neither fathoms the argument nor understands what a troll is.

Hey Skinup, if this thread bothers u so much or the pic of Ash scares u so much then how about you don't bother coming here to read it. You're like one of those freakish stalkers. The perverts that complain about something but can't stay away.

Suck my dick.

His comments have no value to me, at least you've been making an effort to have a civil and well thought out conversation with me. I, sadly have other things I must do for a while, so hold the fort down and don't let those that behave like children get to you. I'm looking forward to continuing this conversation later today. Have a good one.

This is probably the reason I've crashed the Huey while landing more times than it has been stolen from me. Only one or two of my group are willing to get into the Huey with me at the stick, and I've killed them a few times. At least we can laugh about it. I went into the armory to practice before flying in DayZ, it took at least 20 tries before I could get the Huey off the ground without crashing it and close to a hundred before I could land. In the air I'm getting fairly decent and pushing the helicopter harder but overall my skills are very limited. Now on the other hand, put me in the Hunter in GTA:SA and you'll see a good pilot.

Practice and practice more. It depends how you're learning. First thing you should do is practice real slow. Hover 10m off the ground and then make tiny movements to move around. It depends on how you have your setup - i use a joystick and have the throttle set to analogue. Trick is small inputs to the stick. Remember that when DAYZ SA launches it will use takeon flight model - this will mean reading the manual to actually start the chopper and the flight dynamics will be massively different (unless there is a server option to set the flight model to easy then probably most servers would adopt this I would guess).

I'm sure there are some excellent DayZ Huey pilots that make it look easy, that doesn't mean I would agree that the Huey is over powered or that it shouldn't be available. I would much rather work towards finding a reasonable solution to the ease of spotting camps. How hard would it be to simply make the vehicles and tents get gradually more opaque as the distance from them increases up to the point where they are no longer visible. Make it so that you need to be essentially hovering directly over top of the vehicle or camp for it to be visible. This would reduce the effectiveness of the Huey for spotting camps, while still retaining the Huey for the other purposes for which it is entertaining. It would not address the ease of spotting helicopter crashes, but an hour of driving around in a vehicle will net similar results.

As I said in my OP they should fix the way the arma engine handles the rendering of objects. I'm not a coder, I have done some programming before but it's pathetic when compared to what's actual coders do. It's not that easy to just go in and change something because changing something can often break something else. So it needs dev time to make the change and then it needs time to test it. Another factor is how will it affect the game in other areas as well.

Personally I wish we could have grass rendered out as far as the eye can see. That isn't achievable and becomes annoying only to the player lying in it unless your opponent is in grass rendering distance so you can actually hide in it. I thought they could make it better by thinning out the grass more and more the further it got from you but always having some out there so the guy laying down in a ghillie at 400m looks like a piece of ground cover rather that the "light green background, tree, brown bush, sniper, bunny, tree..."

I'm gravely disappointed that someone would have reported you for that. I'm glad I can call my wife a cunt without her throwing a hissy fit. It is just a word and some people assign way more meaning to it than it deserves.

Some people just can't take what they give out or think I actually mean what I say. Most of the time I find it fun to have a go at people but that is usually once I feel they have had a pop at me. After that it's fair game and maybe other forum lurkers enjoy the banter too - certainly keeps things interesting but really, I'm not bothered by anyone here - people I don't know, some I consider cocks, some consider me a cock - who cares. Tomorrow it'll all be forgotten and life will move on - it's a fucking forum - it's some words - some might not like them but nothing bad is going to happen to anyone. Say what you want but if your argument sucks or you're being a dick you're fair game, as am I.

I've always wondered how women get fishnets on without tearing them. That is a hot mental picture, hairy legs in white fishnets, why shave?!

hmmmmmm not sure about the hairy legs but the fishnets are all go lol

So what good points has this Ash wannab been saying for not having choppers in the game?

All I've seen is dumb bullshit, mayb his parents died in a chopper crash or something....but for real this topic is funny.

His comments have no value to me, at least you've been making an effort to have a civil and well thought out conversation with me. I, sadly have other things I must do for a while, so hold the fort down and don't let those that behave like children get to you. I'm looking forward to continuing this conversation later today. Have a good one.

People in the sky are more of a target then people on the ground tbqh. Until you fully master flying the skies seeing stuff on the ground is pretty difficult.

Smart shooting folk with the right guns can take down a chopper, or snipe a player from the aircraft pretty easily. It is the most sought after vehicle, so removing it makes no sense from a DayZ vehicle grind fixup mission.

Sorry someone killed you from a chopper. Better luck next time.

I didnt read every page as i'm way late to the party but this guy sums it up perfectly. Being in the chopper does offer its advantages AS IT SHOULD however there are plenty of disadvantages. You can be seen and heard from miles away. Ive actually been in a chopper and had someone shoot and kill our pilot mid air. It does make finding rare loot easier but it puts a huge target on your back. Fly at your own risk.

It is the ultimate camp busting tool but only available to whoever owns the chopper (and with no drawbacks whatsoever - the chopper is neither realistic or authentic).

No camp is ever safe, they can all be found by people determined to find it (or more easily by cheating) but why include a platform that can find everyone's camp over the course of an hour.

The thing that makes camp relatively safe is the time needed to search for them. A clan of 5 guys could walk the map edge over the course of a few days, spread out 100/200m apart and find camps, maybe not every camp but they could and it would be a lot of work.

So with a chopper in the map i wouldn't even bother with vehicles. I don't want the shitty ones that can't go off road and if I had a chopper and I wanted I could use it to find all the best vehicles and take them away for our use. With this in mind it makes me think, why bother in the first place"

BTW it isn't an exploit, its the game engine. It renders that way for everyone.

EVERYTHING IS SAFE WHEN ITS 9999999999999999999999999999999 MTRS IN DEBUG PLAINS! :lol:

This could spark a shit storm but here goes.

Personally I don't think choppers have a place in DayZ in their current format. They provide players that have them a huge advantage over those that don't, which let's face it, is practically the entire player base.

From the air, forests become practically see through so hiding your cars and tents becomes much harder. Server restarts and you wanna find crashed chopper sites, get in ur chopper and easily spot them from the air.

For such an advantage what is there to balance this out? (Balance!!!! I hear u say but hear me out ok....) A chopper requires regular maintenance - you don't just add fuel and it flies forever needing fuck all servicing. You want a chopper, u maintain it or have the rotor blades fall off mid flight.

If choppers are going to be allowed, the forests need to be fixed so they aren't ridiculously see through (they need to be fixed on the ground too) and adding camo netting won't cut it either.

what advantages do they provide? What is the obsession with vehicles? People seem to obsess about vehicles and the need to go to some specific place. They really dont matter that much but they should be kept in the game. You are also suggessting that choppers should only be in the game if they can be perfectly hidden. Well its not like a heuy is a pack of fuckin peanuts now is it? The mod is fine as it is especially with the addition of the civilian chopper. lawl@u for claiming choppers give players unfair advantages; they are easy to spot and easy to shoot down. nuff said

what advantages do they provide? What is the obsession with vehicles? People seem to obsess about vehicles and the need to go to some specific place. They really dont matter that much but they should be kept in the game. You are also suggessting that choppers should only be in the game if they can be perfectly hidden. Well its not like a heuy is a pack of fuckin peanuts now is it? The mod is fine as it is especially with the addition of the civilian chopper. lawl@u for claiming choppers give players unfair advantages; they are easy to spot and easy to shoot down. nuff said

Totally offtopic, but the original faceman was way cooler than the one in the movie, even if he did drive a corvette.

I totally agree that the choppers are easy to shoot down. I was alone in Old Sabor with my M14 aimpoint. Apparently the chopper dropped 3 guys to try and take me down, but I kept getting hits on the chopper. His orbit went from 100m to 500m, to just leaving me alone. They wouldn't come play with me anymore after that.

One as50 shot and your chopper is gone. Usally they dont last for more then a week unless you are a HUGE clan.

Started playing on a private hive at the weekend where a squad of players have control of the huey, they've already killed me and a friend several times due to the fact we've never been equipped to bring it down but tbh I don't give a fuck, it just gives me more incentive to hunt for something I can use to shoot it down next time. Sooner or later I'll find a high powered sniper rife and then we'll see who's laughing.

• Like 2