cazador

Bandits should have more consequences

Ok so I got a bit frustrated how people just shoot on sight up until yesterday I had every thing I had every wanted or needed except a chopper as I had survived for 25 dayz i was basically fully equipped with guns (including L85A2 AWS, Ghillie suit, NV goggles, range finder, AS50, Coyote backpack and my toolbelt was almost full of equipment, I am then sat under a tree with the tip of my gun poking out so I can scan the area with my thermal, out of nowhere I get sniped for no reason, I have only ever killed 2 people in this game an they were self defence, but the fact people shoot on sight without scouting or talking to you is a bitch. I realise that its a simulation for a survival game but its a shame that I have only ever met 2 friendlies out of all the people I have encountered. People have gotten so bored that all they have left to do is to kill people, so there should be some sort of challenge or objectives for people to complete other than survive, and there should be some sort of consequence or bad karma for bandits who kill everybody on sight without finding out about them, or trying to interact, but I want to know what everyone thinks should happen.

hmmmmmm. You say you don't like bandits? Then why do you have an AS50? That's usually for bandits and I don't think you would need anything like that for zed killing............

• Like 4

Another thread of....

Woe me I died and lost my gear! why are bandits not punished why oh why!

BBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Rule #1

Dont get attached to gear

Its apart of the game, live with it. The biggest problem currently is the duping and all the high powered weapons, not bandits. This will be taken care of in the standalone.

I'm not a bandit and I still say no consequences. Bandits are a big part of the game, they're a threat and add tension. Bandits paired with the higher threat level of zombies in the standalone (hopefully) will make for nonstop tension.

• Like 1

Edit: my phone double posted.

Edited by Lights Out

LOL! This is truly one of the best posts I have ever seen... You have a L85 and an AS50 and you are crying that you got sniped? You can't really expect everyone to believe you were using the 2 most highly sought after guns for PVP and tell us you weren't using it to kill people. "scan the area with my thermal" Why, so you can look for zombies? Haha.

Rule 1 of Dayz - Don't trust ANYONE

Rule 2 of Dayz - Don't get attached to your gear.

You're post is the exact same thing that hundreds of people have already boo hoo'ed about. There is nothing left in this game after you get all the gear you want, except to kill people. If you have a L85 and AS50, what are you going to do? Run around the forests and snipe rabbits? If I saw something in a tree with an L85 scanning I would pop you in the face too without telling you.

• Like 8

I know how you feel, OP. But quite honestly? However annoying it may seem, these griefing time-to-kill freaks will be around, whether we like it or not. We have to accept the fact trolls exist in society... IRL and netwise. Just be more careful.

Like one person said in the forums, 'I fear for humanity.' Because if an apocalyptic scenario would really happen, and you do end up having a greater population of trolls and bandits, it'd be a total degradation of true humanity... That's all it'll turn out to be. So enter the heroes... people with actual morals to keep humanity in check. Let's just hope more players realize the actual reason of the DayZ devs devising the Humanity points. If we're going to make it near realistic, DayZ should tap into player CONSCIENCE. Only then, everyone will realize how much true humanity people actually have.

I can't see any solution to this problem. You can't penalize banditry unless there's a true governing body that might materialize ingame (take reference from Taksitan/Chernarus Life game mods for example) . Unless there's a PERSISTENT DETENTION OPTIONS for players. Like handcuffs, ropes, shackles... makeshift cages etc. What I mean is that you can capture a player, and have the ability to detain them indefinitely (lighter penalty option might be 1-day detention persistence... hardcore/veteran mode will be INDEFINITE detention persistence) and even if they log out and back again, they remain detained. How's that?

Other than this, I'd say make death more severely taxing. If you die, you remain dead for, say 2-3 days or even a week. That way, people will think twice whether to kill or not. Tap into some conscience.

• Like 1

Lol I see your guys point though I had the L85 so i could see people before they saw me so I could interact with them safely, I just like knowing whats around me, the AS50 I saw and my friend said it is one of the best weapons to have so I took it, didn't really know how or when i was going to use it tbh, i'm not sure about the consequences but maybe the music should only come in when theres bandits around, or their footsteps are louder, I just think people should get some sort of advantage if they group with people, I have no idea. I just hate how nobody is friendly and wants to genuinely team up, just getting very bored on my own, ha ha aren't you people getting lonely on this game?!

I know how you feel, OP. But quite honestly? However annoying it may seem, these griefing time-to-kill freaks will be around, whether we like it or not. We have to accept the fact trolls exist in society... IRL and netwise. Just be more careful.

Like one person said in the forums, 'I fear for humanity.' Because if an apocalyptic scenario would really happen, and you do end up having a greater population of trolls and bandits, it'd be a total degradation of true humanity... That's all it'll turn out to be. So enter the heroes... people with actual morals to keep humanity in check. Let's just hope more players realize the actual reason of the DayZ devs devising the Humanity points. If we're going to make it near realistic, DayZ should tap into player CONSCIENCE. Only then, everyone will realize how much true humanity people actually have.

I can't see any solution to this problem. You can't penalize banditry unless there's a true governing body that might materialize ingame (take reference from Taksitan/Chernarus Life game mods for example) . Unless there's a PERSISTENT DETENTION OPTIONS for players. Like handcuffs, ropes, shackles... makeshift cages etc. What I mean is that you can capture a player, and have the ability to detain them indefinitely (lighter penalty option might be 1-day detention persistence... hardcore/veteran mode will be INDEFINITE detention persistence) and even if they log out and back again, they remain detained. How's that?

Other than this, I'd say make death more severely taxing. If you die, you remain dead for, say 2-3 days or even a week. That way, people will think twice whether to kill or not. Tap into some conscience.

Yes I certainly agree that if a bandit dies he remains dead for a longer amount of time, my point is i'm not asking them to completely punish bandits so nobody kills I just want to meet more friendlies, this I believe would be a good addition to the game.

Even most normally friendly players would be wary of anyone rockin' an AS50 and L85 wearing a ghillie suit.

just out of curiosity, M9SD or PDW?

I had an M9SD so I could kill zombies quietly, although I found no ammo for it

Lol I see your guys point though I had the L85 so i could see people before they saw me so I could interact with them safely, I just like knowing whats around me, the AS50 I saw and my friend said it is one of the best weapons to have so I took it, didn't really know how or when i was going to use it tbh,

alive for 25 dayz and didnt really know how or when you use the as50 lol.. what ever.. your just bitching that someone got you before you got them.

AS-50, L85, M9SD, Ghillie suit?

Even I would consider putting a slug in your dome if I saw you poking out of a bush like a dodger. And I'm a proper good guy.

Don't get pissed about losing your stuff, scavenging as a n00b is some of the best fun you can have!

I sometimes just throw all my stuff in a tent, jump on a bike, and go on a hatchet-only zombie hunt/n00b assist in Cherno. Get's me shot at a lot, but it's good banter.

(including L85A2 AWS, Ghillie suit, NV goggles, range finder, AS50, Coyote backpack

Looks like a bandit outfit to me...no weapon that would be useful against Zed hordes.

Yes I certainly agree that if a bandit dies he remains dead for a longer amount of time, my point is i'm not asking them to completely punish bandits so nobody kills I just want to meet more friendlies, this I believe would be a good addition to the game.

um... I didn't mean the death period is only applied to just bandits.... I meant for everyone. So you'll at least feel some guilt killing someone because you're depriving him a chance to get back to the game. Yeah.. I know it's pretty mean. Just a suggestion, though.

Edited by asin

no i don’t think that there should be in game consequences, the only feature that should be implemented is a global DB with all the players on it and not to have the option to change your in game name/or that we can track in game names history and that same DB should be able to show you on which server someone is currently playing, and skins lots of variety of skins...so you can hunt the bandits that killed you down or u can find a bounty hunter that will do it for you, .....something in that direction..

It is easy to kill someone and not even thinking that he maybe has friends that can hunt you down..

Edited by snowcrAsh42

Very good points guys and no i'm seriously not a bandit, I'm friendly an had that equipment just in case I needed to defend myself or so I could take out bandits, and to the guy who mentioned everyone getting a certain time limit to re spawn is unfair, because bandits don't give a shit if your respawn time is longer all they care about is themselves, so only applying the re spawn time delay for bandits means as soon as someone kills the bandit they are the only ones being punished since they killed friendlies in the first place! And I had only got the AS50 the other day at a heli crash site, but I would have only used it as a counter sniper for bandits trying to snipe new spawns. Wish I took a screenshot of my debug monitor now. Yes I survived for 25 days, I had good equipment and guns... but it doesn't mean i'm a bandit! Come on people just because I lasted so long, good guys can be equipped too! Quit being judgmental.

I sometimes feel bad as a consequence more often than not. But I really can't risk losing a truckload of nice things along with my truck just to be nice.

Feeling bad, or sometimes even sad is a great consequence and it's not even scripted in the game, so how great is that?

Edited by Septimus
  • Like 1

Ok so I got a bit frustrated how people just shoot on sight up until yesterday I had every thing I had every wanted or needed except a chopper as I had survived for 25 dayz i was basically fully equipped with guns (including L85A2 AWS, Ghillie suit, NV goggles, range finder, AS50, Coyote backpack and my toolbelt was almost full of equipment, I am then sat under a tree with the tip of my gun poking out so I can scan the area with my thermal, out of nowhere I get sniped for no reason, I have only ever killed 2 people in this game an they were self defence, but the fact people shoot on sight without scouting or talking to you is a bitch. I realise that its a simulation for a survival game but its a shame that I have only ever met 2 friendlies out of all the people I have encountered. People have gotten so bored that all they have left to do is to kill people, so there should be some sort of challenge or objectives for people to complete other than survive, and there should be some sort of consequence or bad karma for bandits who kill everybody on sight without finding out about them, or trying to interact, but I want to know what everyone thinks should happen.

I totally see where you're coming from. But in a way I kind of understand you being killed. I have a hero skin and a ghillie suit. I only use the ghillie suit when I am covering fellow clan mates on something such as a medical assistance mission. That is for the reason that ghillie suits are very common if not always worn by bandits. Plus the fact that you are laying in a tree scanning with a L85A2 AWS would lead anyone (me included) to believe you are a bandit. So I would have shot you on sight as well. Next time, I would recommend carrying a ghillie suit, but not using it nearly as much, and try to get a Hero skin. So over all, I don't think that bandits need to have more consequences (except the old skin back, because the current one SUUUUUCKS).

P.S. Don't get attached to your gear, you lose it fast. Last night I had a tent with an AS50, M16A4 ACOG, Bizon PP-19 w/ 3 mags, and a FN FAL, and when I went back, it was all gone. I recommend just scouting out areas very thoroughly before moving in, and if you see an enemy, don't attack them head on. Flank the hell out of them and use the element of surprise (that way you can also avoid combat more by standing them up and making them drop their gun). Good luck.

They do have consequences, Some people like murdering bandits, like me. That way I can kill people but not get any loss in humanity.

And on top of that, the bandit skin in nothing except the scarf, while Hero skin gets body armor and faster run speed.

• Like 1

A few days ago i sugested this : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/98235-i-will-like-to-see-bounty-hunters-vs-bandits/ . I did not see the bounty hunters as a class, but like heroes only with a different counter then hummanity. After all, a true bounty hunter should be at least as fearsome as the bandit is looking for.

The rewarding sistem is sugested by many other players and should keep things interesting adding to the game value.

The majority of players will say that Dayz ingame action should remain without councequences for the sake of "survival skills". I tend to dissagree with this. If you think that in a true appocaliptic scenario bandits will remain unpunished and everybody will shoot first and ask question later, u are dead rong. The entire humman history is a log story of revenge and ppl comming together for the bigger good, protection...and most of all surviving. Loners with snipers will be first to perish...or maybe second.

If devs want this game as close to reality as possible they must intoduce consequences to your action others then just respawn(wich is silly).

• Like 1