Hockeyguy

Stun Grenades

As the title says I think implementing stun grenades into DayZ would be a good idea. What the stun grenade could be used for is: 1) Stunning players during PvP

2) Stunning a big group of zombies

What the stun would do is make you screen white and blurry for a couple of seconds then it would go back to normal. The stun grenade would be rare because it is a major advantage when PvPing and it could have the same spawning patterns as the regular grenade.

Let me know what you think. :)

• Like 2

what do you mean?

Well, if a regular grenade doesn't kill them then they are going to be knocked out.

Please, NO. Please. There is no game where stun grenades should be implimented, and with the amount massive amount of random stuff in this game already, last thing i want to see is people getting stunned.

Stuns for a few seconds? Trust me, you just wouldn't stand there for a few seconds and come back to normal. Flashbang will do a lot damage to your hearing and senses. (Temporarily, of course.)

Edited by Sutinen

Nothing would be out of place in the situation DayZ puts you in. While scavenging you could potentially find ANYTHING. The unrealistic part is the lack of variety in weapons and loot.

If there was more police loot I can definitely see nonlethal grenades making an appearance.

Flashbangs would work wonders at night, particularly against NVGs. (temporarily blinded and deafened in a Zombie apocalypse = FUCKED)

Stun grenades would be handy indoors if you're not quite sure where your enemy is exactly (stun grenades are the ones that launch little bouncy balls and hurt like fuck right?)

Both would attract a lot of attention from Zeds.

Good shout Hockeyguy, we need more potential cool finds. :beans:

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

Nice vulgar bump.. Oh and look, there go one of my posts

Why is such a simple suggestion receiving hate for no reason.  Guess people have not heard of constructive criticism..    

I don't have a problem with stun grenades.  The lack of none lethal takedowns in dayz is a bit annoying.  

Edited by harley001
  • Like 1

Sounds like stun/flash-bang grenades would be used for PVP purposes. Never heard of some one flash banging a zombie before

Solarflare_tien_zps5b694f12.jpg

• Like 1

Why is such a simple suggestion receiving hate for no reason.  Guess people have not heard of constructive criticism..    

I don't have a problem with stun grenades.  The lack of none lethal takedowns in dayz is a bit annoying.  

Unless you want to take a hostage.  ;)

Barter for beans until they agree to give there friend back!

• Like 1

I think they should basicly be player disablers and zombie attractors.

They should be helpful for getting zombies on a player you want out of your way, or attacking a defended position.

When you try and move while blinded and deaf you should be able to move but there is a chance you will fall down.

Make it realistic, throw a flashbang at rocket so he can experience it firsthand.

This would also punish 3rd person hax with their wider FOV.

to all the nay sayers.. this isnt a bad idea because well guess what noobs... police stations would have equipment like this atleast

to all the nay sayers.. this isnt a bad idea because well guess what noobs... police stations would have equipment like this atleast

I would like to see police style weapons more common than military, but still rarer than civilian.

I think flashbangs are something that is very difficult to convey authentically in a game, not sure how I would feel about this.

I think flashbangs are something that is very difficult to convey authentically in a game, not sure how I would feel about this.

Most games don't let you tie up other players.

Most games don't let you tie up other players.

Sure, but being tied up is pretty easy to convey authentically through your player model and limited movement.

My point was that it's difficult to convey the effect that flashbangs have on your sight and vision as well as the general disorientation in a game.

Stun grenades would be handy indoors if you're not quite sure where your enemy is exactly (stun grenades are the ones that launch little bouncy balls and hurt like fuck right?)

Those are sting grenades you are referring to.

I thought swat 4 did a pretty good job simulating what happens if you get hit with one. I'm not sure exactly what would happen IRL but I'd imagine it to be somewhat similar with being in alot of pain and wobbling around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5LX_AY8aTls&t=174

For dayZ I guess it would be somewhat similar. Blurred, red tinted vision (Much heavier then in SWAT 4.) muffled hearing, wobbly, delayed movement, possible chance to fall prone for a few seconds if one goes off right next to you, etc.

For flashbangs, what would be interesting is if one goes off like right under you or something, you could damage your vision/hearing permenently. (Nothing severe though, just a very faint dimming of vision/hearing or ringing of the ears)

Edited by Toybasher

Sure, but being tied up is pretty easy to convey authentically through your player model and limited movement.

My point was that it's difficult to convey the effect that flashbangs have on your sight and vision as well as the general disorientation in a game.

What do you mean? It's easy as, the sense of disorientation can be made up by making the controls unresponsive and the player model could fall over. As in terms of sight everything would be really bright, then really dark and for a while you'd have a giant colourless blob on your screen.

It's a good idea, but I think they would closely have to monitor the spawn rate, as I can easily see it being abused to no end.

Also, why did we revive a post from last year? o.O

Not sure, somebody posted on it this morning and started the thread up again