LILTRACEUR123

Infected Water

I was watching Man Vs. Wild and it said that you should not drink water from lakes because you can get sick he said that you should boil it first. If you could make something like not being able to drink the water until you boil it first or something it would be great.

Getting a stomach bug and diarrhea is the least of your concerns with the walking dead everywhere - considering how there is litterally no guaranteed clean sources of water anywhere in Chernarus, I don't see how this adds to the game aside from another level of "work" to get something simple.

Longterm? (Arma 3 engine, that timeframe) Perhaps.

Can we agree to stop focusing on game mechanics that punish you for living until we have the rest of the game ironed out?

thanks.

huh and I thought this was in the suggestions threads.

I'm not saying that you should get sick for drinking the water i do not think that would be a good addition to the mod but at least boiling the water.

And if you had read carefully I said that you should not be allowed to drink the water until you boil it I never asked to get sick for drinking it.

Not but you basically implied it - fireplaces aren't exactly easy to come by in the "lifespan" of your first water bottle dose. You'd have people dying from thirst more often than actual zombie/player related issues.

or like in fallout you had radiated water that hurt you, would be cool to have to boil water or have clean vs unsantized water. good idea.

But in fallout you had readily available means to deal with radiation poisoning.

You have to cook the meat before you can eat it so why not water?

The simple fact that water bottles are one use (at the moment at least) and that fireplaces are not easy to come by. You'd have more trouble finding water than fighting off the first few zombies when you spawn.

But I am repeating myself now... :s

Water Bottles are not one use. You can fill them in lakes and at water pumps. You just have to know where these are at.

Getting a stomach bug and diarrhea is the least of your concerns with the walking dead everywhere

Actually diarrhea would be a major concern as it is a show stopper, and will drain your energy and make you incapable of self defense. I've been on many back country trips where someone drinks water from the lake or doesn't wash their hands after hitting up the thunder box and they get the runs. And then you're babysitting for the rest of the trip.

Actually diarrhea would be a major concern as it is a show stopper' date=' and will drain your energy and make you incapable of self defense. I've been on many back country trips where someone drinks water from the lake or doesn't wash their hands after hitting up the thunder box and they get the runs. And then you're babysitting for the rest of the trip.

[/quote']

It is a longterm thing more than the immediate and very real danger of being eaten/"turned" by a zombie - or killed by a player. I'm not saying it isn't a terrible thing to experience - just that you have more pressing things to be concerned with most of the time.

Water Bottles are not one use. You can fill them in lakes and at water pumps. You just have to know where these are at.

But they are - you take one zip and it's empty - ONE USE. They are not consumables ( the word I'm sure you are thinking of ).

Lets return to a timeframe aspect - To cook water you need either to be lucky enough to spawn near / make it to one of the towns that has fire barrels (I've only seen them in Cherno/Elektro so far). Or be lucky enough to find both matches and a hatchet on your first "bottle". (Or stick to canned fluids - which could be as old as years old depending on the lore)

I will accept this suggestion only as long as all uncooked canned foods cause incurable poisoning due to the conditions they are consumed in, and the ability to find and gather firewood is removed (because gathering firewood doesn't actually reduce the number of trees, totally unrealistic)

You have to cook the meat before you can eat it so why not water?

The simple fact that water bottles are one use (at the moment at least) and that fireplaces are not easy to come by. You'd have more trouble finding water than fighting off the first few zombies when you spawn.

But I am repeating myself now... :s

You can always find soda those are easy to find and fireplaces yea its hard to come by because you need matches but you can use the trash cans, im not sure they are trash cans but you can lit fire on them, you can use that to boil the water too not only fireplaces. And im just talking about the water that you get from lakes and ponds not the ones you get from wells.

With all due respect, would it kill you to read the responses before quoting an old reply? You are basically repeating my later response, heh :)

Actually diarrhea would be a major concern as it is a show stopper' date=' and will drain your energy and make you incapable of self defense. I've been on many back country trips where someone drinks water from the lake or doesn't wash their hands after hitting up the thunder box and they get the runs. And then you're babysitting for the rest of the trip.

[/quote']

It is a longterm thing more than the immediate and very real danger of being eaten/"turned" by a zombie - or killed by a player. I'm not saying it isn't a terrible thing to experience - just that you have more pressing things to be concerned with most of the time.

But they are - you take one zip and it's empty - ONE USE. They are not consumables ( the word I'm sure you are thinking of ).

Lets return to a timeframe aspect - To cook water you need either to be lucky enough to spawn near / make it to one of the towns that has fire barrels (I've only seen them in Cherno/Elektro so far). Or be lucky enough to find both matches and a hatchet on your first "bottle". (Or stick to canned fluids - which could be as old as years old depending on the lore)

Now you're just arguing semantics.

Needless to say, I can take a water bottle and refill it and get more than ONE USE out of it.

With all due respect' date=' would it kill you to read the responses before quoting an old reply? You are basically repeating my later response, heh :)

[/quote']

With all due respect, would it kill you if I don't?

And I really do not understand how am I repeating your response did you actually read what I said?

Also I posted this thread because its a suggestion I didn't post it to be fighting with people if you do not like it just ignore it. Its not your decision if it is implemented to the mod and neither is mine. If they like the suggestion they will try and add it.

I like every suggestion that was given in this thread so far.

1. Water Bottles have multiple uses.

2. Stagnant Water needs to be boiled first. I like having more reasons to make a fire.

3. More illnesses and medicine uses besides the coughing illness, pain shakes(shock), and damaged limbs.

4. Canned Food should require needing to be cooked passed a certain expiration date(the game will say whether it's passed due) giving another reason to use campfires.

5. Trees that are cut down should disappear and have a respawn timer(still not realistic but, that's okay.)

I, personally, like all of these suggestions. More options, more stuff that needs to be found, more uses for things, more variety, more fun. It's true matches are kind of hard to find but, that just makes them more valuable especially when fire actually becomes more useful.

4. Canned Food should require needing to be cooked passed a certain expiration date(the game will say whether it's passed due) giving another reason to use campfires.

5. Trees that are cut down should disappear and have a respawn timer(still not realistic but' date=' that's okay.)

[/quote']

I never suggested that. I said that all food is poisonous due to the terrible conditions it's stored and consumed in (ever seen a fork?) and firewood is impossible to find or make because we can't cut down trees and everyone knows lighting wood to make fire is just a myth.

Also get rid of those flammable barrels in town. Those burned out long ago.

I could understand water being contaminated if a body fell in a lake but not a well that is underground so i think this is a good idea if you want to add a new mechanic.

5. Trees that are cut down should disappear and have a respawn timer(still not realistic but' date=' that's okay.)

[/quote']

I never suggested that. I said that all food is poisonous due to the terrible conditions it's stored and consumed in (ever seen a fork?) and firewood is impossible to find or make because we can't cut down trees and everyone knows lighting wood to make fire is just a myth.

Oh so you're saying that they should remove the need to eat and make fires. I get it now. I politely disagree with your suggestion.

What do you think about dead bodies contaminating open water sources?

[/quote']

Oh so you're saying that they should remove the need to eat and make fires. I get it now. I politely disagree with your suggestion.

It was more of a satire highlighting the impracticality of hyper-realistically representing the dangers of an incredibly hostile post-apocalyptic environment. I was suggesting we remove the ability to eat and make fires, not that we remove the need to.

What do you think about dead bodies contaminating open water sources?

You still need to boil the water and/or maybe add some Steramine tablets. Are the survivor's(us) supposed to be immuned to the virus which is why there's no players turning into the zombies? Then you just have to worry about the diseases that are associated with rotting corpses.

[/quote']

It was more of a satire highlighting the impracticality of hyper-realistically representing the dangers of an incredibly hostile post-apocalyptic environment. I was suggesting we remove the ability to eat and make fires, not that we remove the need to.

What are you talking about? I really do not get what you are saying you want to remove the ability to eat but you want to keep the need to eat? How is that even possible?