Vincenzo (DayZ)

Admin's can see our location?

Alright. So I'm playing with my clan on a server. Middle of nowhere, we have a car(UAZ) and 3 tents.

Then all of the sudden, a clan-mate/admin (they host the server) says, how's that UAZ going? I'm watching you.

Ofcourse it is possible to find us but the chance is like 0.01%..

So me and my friends were wondering, can admins use some kind of tool, to see locations of vehicles/players/tents?

I did alot of research on the bohemia forums, the internet and this forum. I read alot about that admins have normal abbilities like , kicking banning locking speaking ect ect, But the only thing that I found about hackingadmins is that they can also get banned, but thats really vague information. Can't they like delete the logs?

So can they do it? Can they play big brother?

I hope I don't ask a question that is asked alot. I know how its going on this forum with 1000 the same questions, and I hope I'm not bothering anybody :)

-Kilhead2

• Like 1

there are several options:

1) They are using a custom Spectator tool (some servers have that)

2) They read the RPT logs (coordinates are saved in there)

3) Using ESP/Maphack cheats

Is it a private hive server?

Edited by Xforce
  • Like 2

People always think that they're secret hiding places are unique! That's rarely the case. You probably just got found. Admins can check records of player locations in their logs if they know how but I doubt they bothered just to look at one vehicle and three tents TBH.

Options 1 & 3 are as bad as each other IMO, I mean come on spectating people is far too open to abuse and ESP/Maphack is cheating

Option 2 is Admin abuse if they use it to see where players are.

Either way I would find a new server to play on and report the Admin because they are scum in my eyes, I have admin access and can read the RPT file but would NEVER use it for finding out where a player is unless I knew he was 100% cheating and had TP'd vehicles to himself.

I see nothing wrong with admins using a spectate feature, as long as they are on duty and not playing.

Options 1 & 3 are as bad as each other IMO, I mean come on spectating people is far too open to abuse and ESP/Maphack is cheating

Option 2 is Admin abuse if they use it to see where players are.

Either way I would find a new server to play on and report the Admin because they are scum in my eyes, I have admin access and can read the RPT file but would NEVER use it for finding out where a player is unless I knew he was 100% cheating and had TP'd vehicles to himself.

Well, i am spectating on my server to keep it clean and it's working. Keep in mind that i DO NOT play the game, i just host it. Vehicles & gear have no value to me, they are just pixels.

• Like 2

I can see everybody online on the server i own via some map the hosting company gives you.

Who is your host?

DayZ.st has a map feature where it'll show everyone's location, as well as locations of vehicles and spawnpoints. Here's a video explaining it.

If you take scripts that are "illegal" in the eyes of BE and put them in the mission files of DayZ and make a private hive of your own, those "illegal" scripts become "legal". It's all about using third party programs to inject your own scripts into games. Admins can really have any power they want and not be "scripting" so to speak.

Dayz.st has a map feature where you can watch players, not sure if that's active if it's a public hive or not. You could use a log parser to do the same thing live though if you have FTP access and the expertise to write it... or like mentioned above you can simply run "hacks" as the admin in order to see whats going on.

Frankly I see nothing wrong with it if there isn't abuse, but if there is then it's a HUGE problem and should be dealt with VERY seriously IMO.

The truth is though even as an admin of 2 servers I'm powerless up against and in comparison to hackers on my own servers.

I was on a server the other night where the admin got locked out of his own game becuase the hacker banned him lol... short of shutting down or restarting the server you are not very powerful as an admin.

Even on the private hive DayZ.st Taviana server I run, I can only spawn repaired vehicles if I restart, and I can only change my loadout if I diconnect and reconnect, hackers can spawn choppers that aren't even allowed in game LIVE while the server is up and can give themselves god mode or assasinate people etc etc. I can't do any of that.

I can ban people kick people adjust their load out if they log of and log back in, or spawn repaired vehicles if I'm willing to do a restart right then and there.... other than that not much, shit I can't even get some vehicles that are SUPPOSED to work to work on my map right now...

I'm noobish though so I'm sure there are a LOT more experienced people that I'd love to hear chime in.

• Like 1

there are several options:

Is it a private hive server?

And if private hive, you have direct access to the database, giving you access to everything that matters like players, vehicles, tents, bodies, etc.

This shows what you can do :

Sorry for the double post but I just watched the "helpful" admin video exposing the dirty truth... love how mid way through the video he hands his buddy a DMR and a ghillie suit then ends it with his buddy and him shooting a player that walked up to them and wasn't firing... and then shoots said player in the head instead of fixing him (which he could have by dumping back into the lobby and equipping a bandage and bloodbag to his own loadout).