Sign in to follow this  
MoOnKat

Are players with Ghillies shoot on sight for you?

Hi, i'm just curious as to what your opinion is in seeing players running around with Ghillie suits out in the wilds, would you shoot on sight since they are probably bandits/ or have top tier gear or just leave em since it's just plain cool to have a ghillie suit?

Personally i might shoot em most of the time, especialy if they have scoped weapon.

• Like 1

Actually I leave 'em be unless they are firing at me or a fellow survior. I rarely kill other players if they don't see me they are not a threat. Now if it is a squad that's another story!

I run around in the middle of the woods wearing a ghillie suit and sporting a scoped weapon. I don't bother anyone but if you want to shoot, don't miss. :)

I rarely kill other players if they don't see me they are not a threat.

Now what if that person randomly turns around and spots you right as you walk away to let his precious life be saved, and then shoots you in the head? I shoot on sight, mainly to know that I will survive, and I rarely trust anybody.

Since I run around the southern cities most of the time, I usually KoS Ghilie-Suit people. If you have a Hero Skin, it would be logical to take off the Ghilie when going into a city, since it not only paints a giant target on you, but also causes mistrust. So most of the time, the people who do wear Ghilies in the southern cities are bandits/idiots.

Now what if that person randomly turns around and spots you right as you walk away to let his precious life be saved, and then shoots you in the head? I shoot on sight, mainly to know that I will survive, and I rarely trust anybody.

Well considering that hasn't happened in a very long time, I will watch them (i am an observer) until they are gone. Now if they do get the drop on me, guess who's fault it is? Mine! It happens I had a dude walk up on me and "rob' me, luckily I had a rgo and took us both out! To me death isn't the fear, my fear is letting the other guy feel/think he won.

Well considering that hasn't happened in a very long time, I will watch them (i am an observer) until they are gone. Now if they do get the drop on me, guess who's fault it is? Mine! It happens I had a dude walk up on me and "rob' me, luckily I had a rgo and took us both out! To me death isn't the fear, my fear is letting the other guy feel/think he won.

My fear is zombies for sure, they want your beans so bad that they walk trough doors and walls.

• Like 1

I´,m a hero, I don´t kill people, and whenever I can, I use the ghillie(In the forests), to avoid being seen. So no, you shouldn´t, and if you do that, then you are a bandit.

If you assume someone in a Ghillie is dangerous and kill him it doesn't make you a bandit, it makes you a survivor. You make sure that you yourself is safe and avoid as much damage as possible. I honestly don't care what clothes someone uses, I'll gladly kill them even if they got a clown costume.

Yes, ghillie is obvious perceived as a 'don't see me' item, why would you be worried about being seen if your friendly? in case others shoot you? that's dayz.

Clearly even heroes carry weapons, weapons that lethal to every player, and if you can shoot me I would rather you be dead.

If you assume someone in a Ghillie is dangerous and kill him it doesn't make you a bandit, it makes you a survivor. You make sure that you yourself is safe and avoid as much damage as possible. I honestly don't care what clothes someone uses, I'll gladly kill them even if they got a clown costume.

NO! I would kill them because they had a clown costume on! How fucking creepy would that be in a zombie apocalypse!

I always keep civilian clothing in my backpack so I can don my hero skin when entering bigger towns down south. Usually I am equipped with a high-end weapon, so you should definitely feel bad if you do happen to shoot me

Yep, every ghillie suit guy is a shoot on sight for me. I have a Ghillie suit on at the moment, but I'm actually positive on humanity. I've only killed bandits so far. (I got 2800 humanity at the moment.)

I usually observe until they are long gone,But if they are heading in my general direction and have scoped weapons.I will get to a position of power to ask questions,If they do not answer or do something stupid I will take them out. But if they agree to move on in another direction, When I am sure there gone and not stalking me... I move on and leave them be.

I generally just observe before I kill, just to see what I'm up against. If i'm up against a guy with a winchester and M1911, then I'll leave him be, but if the fine fellow opposing me has any sort of scoped weapon generally someone in my squad needs one, so I take him out. Even if I don't need the gun I'll stash it in the car and take it to base camp. We have quite a nice armory now.

I went back to loot my body yesterday after being killed by a bandit, found a G36C SD and a Ghillie, so threw the ghillie on and picked up my pack, walked about 50m north and took an AS50 round to the face.

Sad thing is I think I was speaking to the guy with the AS50 before I went to find my body, probably shouldn't have put it on :(

you do understand letting someone live =/= standing up waving at them behind there back making as much of a target as u can while paying them no attention right?

you can take cover behind a tree or in the grass and cover them until they move on... its like people saying I shoot anyone even if they are unarmed because that unarmed guy u let go might find a rifle and shoot you the next minute, I've taken cover many times as people have moved on, I don't immediately stand up, go into the salute posture, unplug my mouse and turn off my monitor, I do actually keep tabs on these people, if your dumb enough to let someone you have the drop on get the upper hand, your the idiot.

guy in a ghillie, better cover him until he moves on, oh no hes turned around, oh no hes spotted me, oh no hes taken a knee to get his breathing in order, oh no hes aiming at me, OH NO HE KILLED ME WTF RAGE I NEED TO KILL ON SITE FOR NOW ON.

as opposed to, say

guy in a ghillie, better get behind this tree and cover him as he passes, here it breaks off into 2 paths..

1.) hes spotted me, now hes a threat.

2.) he didnt spot me, I'll keep my eye on him as I move away.

Edited by Skrewy

as a rabbiting non-PVP'r i use any kit i can that helps me hide till the danger is passed..

i kind of like the hide n seek gameplay of being a non-combatant.

so yes i use a ghillie when found even thou i dont hunt players.

the ghillie is one of my best/ most fav. items for helping me hide. it really does work well.

Depends on the situation. A ghili suit hides if you are a player or a bandit. If you are playing on a nametag server then ghili suits are useless. So if you are wearing a hero suit I would wear that instead of a ghili suit.

I find it hilarious to see players using ghillies in cherno, elektro or other big cities. Ghillie doesn't work on pavement.

I usually keep my distance from other Ghillie suit players, same with Camo gear wearing players, the thought of getting killed and spawning with the bandit skin bothers me, I don't like it so unless I know what I'm looking at is a bandit I do not get involved with them.

Funny story about the Hero skin though, I was driving a dirtbike towards Elektro when all of a sudden I see just to the right of the road a player, he starts unloading on me as I pass but only manages to take out the rear tire of the bike. I pull it around a bush and get out, I return fire and kill the player. When I get to them I see they are a Hero, so I change the UI so I can see my humanity and I see that Murder: 0 Bandit: 1, with no change to my humanity. :)

I use ghillie suits to conceal my bandit skin. Your better off killing on site.