Sign in to follow this  
andrestander (DayZ)

A short word regarding Dayz standalone

I know you will never implement something unrealistic to deter banditing, like warping you into a prison for 2 hours if you kill more than x number of survivors in less than 20 minutes.

Personally if the game turns out to be good, I will buy the game solely to shoot each and every survivor that I see on sight with no explanation. I wouldn't do any quests/mission or whatever shit you'll try to implement to keep people busy doing something else than deathmatching.

I will not coop, I will not do missions, I will not waste my time looking for rare 'survival' items like power generators or building supplies. I will look for a gun and I will shoot each and every survivor that I see with absolutely no reason at all.

When people turn into clans for safety, and start trusting no one outside of their clan, I would apply and join clans on here, reddit or any other site, join and kill all of the clan members and blow up their stash of vehicles and loot.

In a couple of days, I will turn dayz standalone into nothing but a deathmatch w/ zombies like dayzmod is about. And when I am done turning dayz into dayzmod, I will sell my copy of dayz standalone.

Edited by 4L4N
Merged Duplicate posts

Thank god I can aim, and have a large enough group where we can destroy bandits.

Or I might be threatened by this post.

See you in the standalone! Now where did I land my helis at and where is those M203 rounds....

bandits will be bandits !

game would be boring if everyone held hands and killed the nasty zombies.

Actually, I have a bandit tendancy too but the difference between me and OP is , I won't be selling my copy of dayz standalone.

• Like 3

watch-out-guys-we-have-a-badass-over-here.jpg

One man cant change shit.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 2

bandits will be bandits !

game would be boring if everyone held hands and killed the nasty zombies.

Actually, I have a bandit tendancy too but the difference between me and OP is , I won't be selling my copy of dayz standalone.

Me and my friend actually built a base in the middle of Zelen, mainly to kill zombies. I ended up with 1100 zombie kills, him with 1000, quiet fun to be honest.

well , ya know , I have done that too morgan , but after 5 months in DayZ it kinda gets boring.

To me its the thought that I am actually being hunted, or the rush you get from hunting and killing someone else that keeps me playing.

Without the bad guys , I would have given up ages ago.

• Like 1

Probably could have just summed it up with "Guess what guys? I'ma be a prick!".

Really though, I'm sure there are enough players out there like you so don't worry man, I have no doubt that the standalone will be just like the mod. Right now I'm only hoping for less hacking.

• Like 1

well , ya know , I have done that too morgan , but after 5 months in DayZ it kinda gets boring.

To me its the thought that I am actually being hunted, or the rush you get from hunting and killing someone else that keeps me playing.

Without the bad guys , I would have given up ages ago.

Highly agree. I've had most of my play time on a private server which have removed a lot of the blacklisting. You can get Planes, Rocket Launchers, Tanks, etc etc, on that server. It's REALLY rare to get new guns tho, and I believe I have most of the vehicles on the server ;o

Agreed. It's the bandit's and the constant fear of death that keep the game enjoyable. I don't want to run around high-fiving my team as we skip through the fields collecting gear to stuff into our over-filled tents. I want to be constantly paranoid.

• Like 1

I had my first kill with an AKM, at Rog Castle. I was at the top floor, noticed I was thirsty so I took a drink. One second after drinking I heard another soda open, thinking it was echo or sound bug I didn't think much of it, tho I did keep my guard up. Walking down the stairs I notice a guy looting my precious stairs. Putting a half mag in his back made him sleep well the next night. I think the stairs still are red to the day today.

It is important to have bandits. It keeps you edge and provides intense situations. It's the trolls on the hills with the duped/hacked AS50s I have a problem with. See you in the standalone!

Cool, I like hunting bandits