Sign in to follow this  
WhipDiddyWhip

the one thing that will stop me buying the standalone

is the fact it will be running on what is essentially the same engine as arma 2

that means it will more than likely still have the horrendous positive/negative mouse acceleration, not having 1:1 mouse movement is pretty game breaking to me

now ppl who don't have a clue what they are talking about will say " duh you can turn off mouse smoothing" etc etc, please don't post if you don't know what your talking about

this is a major engine bug that has never been fixed

if i can get guarantees from the development team that this is fixed i will buy it in a heart beat, is there anything that will stop anyone else buying it?

• Like 1

or he will play on private hives, no need to buy it for that... so, why should he?

i fail to see how private hives will fix this problem

or he will play on private hives, no need to buy it for that... so, why should he?

The stand alone is not a mod, you cannot pirate the main game to play the mod, when it is a stand alone.

Sure someone will eventually break the standalone and make private servers for that... but good luck waiting for that

Stop it, You will buy the SA because your mates can't be as petty as you. You want to be alone on WarZ? Forget the "only thing" and swallow your pride.

Nothing will come between me and DayZ, Certainly not. I have an imagination which transcends Silly things. I can only imagine DayZ not being bought because the world ends and we all die a horrible death in a Zombie Appocalypse (For which i am trained)

• Like 3

Stop it, You will buy the SA because your mates can't be as petty as you. You want to be alone on WarZ? Forget the "only thing" and swallow your pride.

Nothing will come between me and DayZ, Certainly not. I have an imagination which transcends Silly things. I can only imagine DayZ not being bought because the world ends and we all die a horrible death in a Zombie Appocalypse (For which i am trained)

You deserve beans.

I have an imagination which transcends Silly things. I can only imagine the world ends and we all die a horrible death in a Zombie Appocalypse

If Rocket comes round to my house and writes his name on the wall in shit then takes a photo of it and uses it as promotional art just to piss me off, I'll still buy the standalone.

RE: mouse acceleration - just don't move the mouse so quickly. It's never been a gamebreaking flaw in my book, every person I know manages just fine the way it is.

EDIT: If you remap the "zoom out" button to something near your WASD keys, you can use it to quickly aim across a larger area with only small mouse movements.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 4

When it's a bug it should be fixed in Arma 3, I think.

Prrrrrf I'll buy, Already got WarZ Pre-Order, Any more Zombie Games? :P

I don't remember asking what would be the one thing that would stop you from buying the stand alone.

Instead of bitching, why not go to the suggestion forum and create a thread about mouse fixes, then you're being proactive

Until then your just complaining

Could you explain a little this game-breaking mouse acceleration?

Why is it, for some reason you get stupid forum posts like this.

"im not buying cos of this, because of that mememeemem"

why don’t you suggest something for it and give constructive feedback, for example

Hi Rocket i really like the concept of your game and i do enjoy the style of gameplay.

however i have a slight issue with the mouse not being really smooth it’s a bit jerky, if possible in future developments could you implement more controls of the mouse (insert suggestions).

this will make my game much more enjoyable.

now with the view of don’t reply if you don’t know what you’re talking about. well simple YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING MOUSE!!!

i do agree the mouse settings are a bit funky but fuck it, I’ve had worse games, and I’ve spent £100’s on gaming mice to make my game better. But deal with it. Threats on not spending money gets you nowhere, so many people are going to throw money on the stand alone,

who’s going to listen to your rant when you’re so negative?

but if you make a suggestion people with the similar problem could help you create a solution which can be implemented in the game so you get a more enjoyable experience.

this is Alpha, its in Alpha for a reason, and no I’m not going to explain Alpha because everyone knows. There is one massive benefit of Alpha that people clearly forget.

its in development , its open to changes and more content.

Edited by tonkin97

I will definitly buy standalone when and if it comes out.

I bought Arma2, and it happens to have a mod on it called DAYZ.

But once DAYZ becomes a standalone game, you cannot expect it to be free just because you have Arma2.

is the fact it will be running on what is essentially the same engine as arma 2

that means it will more than likely still have the horrendous positive/negative mouse acceleration, not having 1:1 mouse movement is pretty game breaking to me

now ppl who don't have a clue what they are talking about will say " duh you can turn off mouse smoothing" etc etc, please don't post if you don't know what your talking about

this is a major engine bug that has never been fixed

if i can get guarantees from the development team that this is fixed i will buy it in a heart beat, is there anything that will stop anyone else buying it?

/yawn

• Like 1

I'm buying it as soon as the first version is for sale. If more devs made zombie games like this, I would be a very poor (but happy) person.

Whats the issue with the mouse? i don't have issues and i play on a crap laptop with a crap mouse and i also play on a high end PC with a high end mouse, both play the same.. doesnt feel buggy at all either :S

You'll buy...they always buy....0.0

Edited by what9k

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh but you see it wont be the same engine, it will be *insert engine name here* 2.5

Whats the issue with the mouse? i don't have issues and i play on a crap laptop with a crap mouse and i also play on a high end PC with a high end mouse, both play the same.. doesnt feel buggy at all either :S

Yes can op or someone who knows explain this issue with the mouse. I've never noticed anything wrong.