Sign in to follow this  
loh_uber

How big is the DayZ MAP!!!

Like jesus christ, I look on google and I can't get a straight answer.

Like come on.

How big is the DayZ map? Like how long would it take you to walk the entire map?

I've heard it's huge and takes alot of time before discovering every area of the map, but I just would like to be certain.

How did you get to into the forum? Are you blind?

http://www.dayzmod.com/

Welcome to Chernarus.

A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

If i remember right someone wrote you need 20 sec for 100m at running speed, do the math :P

Edited by Enforcer

it's amazing who people don't look first and ask later: I mean this topic is just stupid it says on the front page of this website how big the map is.

If I remember right it was around 14 seconds for 100m when running. Not Bolt fast but

But yes, these people are too lazy to look someting up for themselves.. its easyer to ask. Or they just want "human" contact, which aint wise on these forums as you can see :D

Edited by Zeppa

How did you get to into the forum? Are you blind?

http://www.dayzmod.com/

If i remember right someone wrote you need 20 sec for 100m at running speed, do the math :P

From my count, our survivor runs 8 minute miles or 1609m. Pretty good clip considering you could have a makarov or a .50 caliber sniper rifle. Needs to be fixed IMHO.

From my count, our survivor runs 8 minute miles or 1609m. Pretty good clip considering you could have a makarov or a .50 caliber sniper rifle. Needs to be fixed IMHO.

Fixed? Hell, double the running speed. With the complete lack of vehicles and horders/teleporters hiding them in one corner of the map it's needed. Sometimes I don't have 5 hours to spend running on day-z when I only have a couple hours to actually play and enjoy the game. Sometimes it's like a strange version of a track and field game the amount of time spent running..