Fabis94

What's the point in trying?

then what's the point in playing this game?

try to survive. hunt in the woods, eat animals and drink water from lakes. explore the map. play with friends. be the one that kills, instead of being killed. get a group going. raid a clanbase. get a helicopter. build a tent city. get a boat. settle on an island. try to find a radio. jump of the radio tower while listening to what its saying. respawn at the coast. turn on your brain. DAYZ IS YOUR STORY.

oh for gods sake not these threads again. useless info/whine. not everyone is gonna like it. even some ppl that will try to like it even for a friend might still not like it. shit happends and it happends fast in this mod.

Some people just aren't ready to play a mod like this.

If you want something easier, play the CS zombie mod or Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

Yeah the pvp situations in Dayz are exactly the same as in Eve whereby you know what your getting into has a very large chance of you not returning with your shit, so the pressure mounts on i get shakes its that tense sometimes.

like ppl have said, be more cautious, obviously don't get super attached to your loot, and if your need supplys, loot the less frequented places to lighten the chance of you bumping into someone else.

You look at it all wrong. Now you're free man, no pressure, nothing to lose, do everything that goes against your instincts. Go running down the coast with a train of zombies on you and lead them to the first person you see. Run down the treeline of Cherno and Elektro and throw flares at all the crappy snipers trying to hide. Go find a good weapon and put it in someone's pack. Smash the doors of the hospital grab up all the blood bags and force transfusions on people, don't let them say no or run away, give it to them whether they like it or not!

Because this game is like a box of chocolate.

Forrest-Gump-p01.jpg

No.

This game is like a box of bullets. You never know which one you'll get.

To sum up:

"I died and lost my gear' date='now I'm having a sad."

[/quote']

HAHA, love that. Very funny, but the one that got me was a video of a dude in chat sayin "I hope you die in a fuckin' cancer fire!!!"

What are you talking about? It isn't about skill or anything' date=' the guy killed me before I could do anything about it. You can't "learn" to be more careful, because no matter how careful you are someone will kill you out of nowhere. It's like some sort of insanity test.

[/quote']

Its mostly about skill ,and little bit of luck (if the guy just logged behind you you are unlucky) otherwise, you should observe every single area you plan to go inside, use binocle, hear if there is fireshot , ask your 2 buddies to go this way and you with the other one go the other way , plan every action with military discipline and tactics. Patience is the key, observation too. If you got killed by someone , you were visible, not hidden somewhere, you wasnt carefull enought , thats 95% of the case , mostly your fault, or again you are not lucky and someone just logged behind you and shot you, there you can do nothing but...Keep trying ^^

Whats the point in trying?

You're an individual - versus the environment, and those in it. Welcome to the shithead simulator, people are out to get you and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Got a problem with it? Don't get seen.

According to your post, you had MAP and NVG. There is NO REASON you should have been in any area that put you in danger of snipers. If you're running full tilt across the air field wearing civies its your own fault.

'Best gear in the game.'? I beg to differ, the 1911 and a Winchester has easily acquirable ammo, isn't too hugely loud. Doesn't 'require' that you hit deer stands and other highly populated military areas to continue reloading your weapon. You just hit the reason why 'military' loot is so dangerous. You need to go into highly populated, player covered areas. If you're snooping around military loot sites chances are your carrying something they want.

Play smart, or die stupid.

Situation awareness involves being aware of what is happening in the vicinity to understand how information, events, and one's own actions will impact goals and objectives, both immediately and in the near future. Lacking or inadequate situation awareness has been identified as one of the primary factors in accidents attributed to human error.

Just my 2 cents in a military sim game.

What are you talking about? It isn't about skill or anything' date=' the guy killed me before I could do anything about it. You can't "learn" to be more careful, because no matter how careful you are someone will kill you out of nowhere. It's like some sort of insanity test.

[/quote']

He does have a point. Camping fuckwits spawning in behind you after you've already cleared a building is fucking lame....I would like to see a mechanic which prevents players spawning within 100 metres of another player, at least then you might hear the fucker coming.

If you can play for a day straight' date=' get the rarest items in the game with your friend including map and NV goggles and then some random asshole out of nowhere just kills you, and you can't even tell from where did he shoot from or anything about him (even who he is) then what's the point in playing this game? You can just get killed anywhere at any time with 1 shot you don't have any time to react or do ANYTHING.

You're cautiously walking inside of a building and BANG you're dead. There was nothing you can do. It is unfair punishing the player for something he had no control over. If it wouldn't be a 1hit death then maybe you could do something.

There are no killcams or anything either so you can't even tell where your enemy is. He an just camp there all day.

[/quote']

life is unfair. I dont enjoy games that are fair. It is unrealistic.

DayZ is about the experience.

You can actually feel fear in the game. Fear of lost, Fear of uncertainty....

Each character Life is another story in the DayZ world

If you can play for a day straight' date=' get the rarest items in the game with your friend including map and NV goggles and then some random asshole out of nowhere just kills you, and you can't even tell from where did he shoot from or anything about him (even who he is) then what's the point in playing this game? You can just get killed anywhere at any time with 1 shot you don't have any time to react or do ANYTHING.

You're cautiously walking inside of a building and BANG you're dead. There was nothing you can do. It is unfair punishing the player for something he had no control over. If it wouldn't be a 1hit death then maybe you could do something.

There are no killcams or anything either so you can't even tell where your enemy is. He an just camp there all day.

[/quote']

That IS the point of the game! You've answered your own question.

IMHO, outside of hacking/cheating, the only real WTF exploit is server hopping from barracks to barracks across the universe.

Sniping? Part of the game man. PK'ing, friending-then-killing, and all the big old back of crap--all part of the game. Learn and go on.

Some dude spawns in the NWAF barracks, grabs the sweet gear, jumps servers, does the same, and so on? Cheap.

Most importantly' date=' few non-ArmA veterans seem to understand how important it is to [b']observe your surroundings. And no, watching that entrance for 5 seconds it NOT "observing".

A lot of people have hit the nail on the head here. Patience, observation, planning. Just having good gucci gear isn't going to save your life. It's not going to make you magically stronger. A bullet is a bullet is a bullet and you can die from any of them. Your lack of awareness and caution is what got you killed.

If you got shot, it's because you opened yourself up to get shot- you weren't behind cover. It also means you had to be spotted- you lingered too long in an area, fired your gun, or even just ran through an open area with no cover at all.

As for your question, "What is the point of even playing the game?" I don't know man. We all have our own reasons I guess, and if yours is that weak where getting killed destroys your resolve, then it's probably not the one for you.

[/quote']

Is it unfair if this happened in real life? If yes, then let the punishment (if your a believer) that would happen in real life happen here and let karma sort it out.

The goal of this game from what I have grasped is not to get all the best gear and and kill other players... though that can be very lucrative.

The goal I have grasped is how many logged hours can you survive (if you really need a hard goal) and on the other side creating stories. That guy chose to create a story of taking your head off.

If you are having trouble with snipers I would suggest doing 2 things. 1 play on servers that don't show name tags. This takes away the snipers ability to use auto range find making his shots harder. Also he can't scan for you with scroll wheel (you can't either though) Also I would practice traveling safely. Avoid open fields. Take tree lines. If it looks back don't go. Monitor people logging on if your near bad places. Monitor chat. In real life your senses would all be open and you would be hyper aware in an apocalyptic scenario.

Also this game was not meant to reward "everyone". Those who happen to be better at shooting in the arma 2 engine as those who in real life are better at shooting WILL shoot better. That is just how it works. Guns kill people and if your good at guns you can shoot good. If you suck at guns, maybe try your luck at sneaking. Or spotting.

Also tracking. If you can learn how the game engine works, when things spawn around players and how far. How far players must be away before they despawn and how long. When and why zombies start shambling towards a specific location even though they are not aggroed. What loot spawns in which building and if someone has been there. Possible site target locations from a last tracking point. Common travel routes. ect ect. tracking is WAY FUN. try it.

I do agree with you on some level after my 250+ hours on dayz that I would enjoy some extra content in this game. But even after 250 hours im still not bored... just am running out of some things. I think the best replay value would come from things that can't be "found". What I mean by this is things that are uniquely created through human interaction. Things like the ability to lay down prefrab parts or build prefrab parts and make towns that can also be destroyed (with right tools) Maybe set up something like the grid system discussed in another thread. When town is taken over, loot stops spawning, but so do zeds and you can cultivate lands.

Maybe the ability to have people flock to those towns (ai's i mean) like in terraria and they can become shop owners which you sell junk you find in the world too and they give you bottlecaps or some form of currency only spendable in those towns./// actually let me hit eh suggestion threads i think i stumbled on a good idea.

[/quote']

I'm sorry i usually dont like replies like the one I'm going to make but here it comes:

go play CoD/BF if you want stuff like that. sorry but its true, if you have to ask those kind of questions, this is not the game for you.

i for one LOVE the fact that you can die at any given time. it creates a kind of tension you dont get often playing a video game. good old ultima online times.

I've only been at Day Z for a week now, but already I've sussed out this game.

You want to move into a town and ransack it for loot? You better be prepared to sit and watch that town for twenty minutes or more to make sure there isn't someone already in there hiding or waiting to pounce.

You want to move to the next village? Get the map out, plot a route that makes good use of the ground and natural cover and take an obscure approach. Stop to check your rear for signs of being tailed.

You want to go into a building that you're not 100% happy is deserted? Throw a grenade in, distract the enemy or panic him into breaking out.

If I do anything in this game that takes me less than five minutes to do, I fully expect to die as a result of my tardy actions.

I've so far managed to play for six hours and I'm only at Starry, having gone directly north from the beach and visiting the western most villages on route. My kit is pretty basic but I have a crossbow and two bolts which I put to good, silent use. My objective? Reach Oshla, I think it's called.

This isn't a game about gear, or about deathmatch or about killing other players.

This is a game about surviving.