Sign in to follow this  
Jikfive

Bigfoot in standalone?

I use the term "Bigfoot" not in a literal sense but a figurative one. I have seen many stories rooted in superstition and hearsay of a creature that spawns in the northern forests in the dead of night. A dark and terrifying bloodthirsty creature materializes out of the gloom and attacks. This is already a legend that players whisper in hushed tones around the campfires at night. Lets make it a possibility.

So here it is. Anyone else think it would be cool to have an ULTRA RARE (And I mean ULTRA RARE like 1:100,000) spawn of a supernatural creature (that fits into the DayZ vision). That spawns in the most remote woods only at night and attacks those unlucky enough to come across it? After its kill it will immediately retreat into the woods and despawn in order to keep it rare. Allowing only a handful of survivors to ever encounter it throughout the life of the game.

The "Bigfoot" legend of dayZ is too cool to pass up. What do you guys think?

Edited by Jikfive
  • Like 5

Yeh i like it but it would have to be super rare like u say

No. Super super super super rare. Maybe a possibility of spawning once a week, in only one sever, and with a probability of spawning of 1/k. , with k a high number. In any forest and during a few seconds.

The bigfoot has to be incredibly rare, that´s the bigfoot.

Edited by Mitor

I would make a few conditions on this, the first would be that it screams like crazy, it would be super fast and it MUST do low damage like 200 or 300 a hit, as well as having really high damage hit points itself.

the aim with these settings is that a player who runs into it, gets rush from it running at them screaming and then a prolonged terror from it scratching and tearing at them like some rabid animal screaming all the time.

if its damage is to high the player would be dead before they realized what happend, but if its damage is low the player would run in terror while it ran after them hitting them and screaming all the way.

I would give it a range if the player is really lucky and does not get knocked out, if he can make it out of the bigfoots range then the big foot might retreat back into its lair.

this would be great, you should hear him "whissle" like the real one :) he should not be this murdering monster but instead very easy scared and shy

• Like 1

I think that something even more terrifying would be a pack of 'whistler' zombies. They would be quickly moving, incredibly nimble, able to climb and pounce from trees. They would have red eyes. They would whistle with each other to communicate, you'd be able to hear them whistling if they were about to attack you. They would surround you in a circle like wolves, then rush you and seal your fate.

After killing a player, you could hear the haunting whistle in the distance on the wind.

I dont really want bigfoot in this game. so il support this thread.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASSE ploxbigfotingame plox plox

You think it will happen?