Sign in to follow this  
mitor

If a zombie kills you, then you(Your corpse) become a zombie.

That´s it, the idea is simple.

In dayzmod, when you die your corpse stays there, the idea is that when you die by a zombie hit, your corpse(With ALL your gear, face, clothes, the weapon hanging(If it has the belt and is tied to your body), backpack...) becomes a zombie. A normal zombie, nothing special, unless it IS indeed a zombie with all your gear.

The zombie moves when it hears sounds, attacks other players...

Thank you.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 1

Might be able to convince someone to add it to the mod eventually. But as far as real DayZ rules, the Zombies are infected, but not dead.

Players are still human, because they are immune. So they can't become Zeds.

• Like 3

Might be able to convince someone to add it to the mod eventually. But as far as real DayZ rules, the Zombies are infected, but not dead.

Players are still human, because they are immune. So they can't become Zeds.

Yeah, you are right, I forgot that. Anyway I think it could be a cool feature.

By the way, I was thinking this for the game, not for the mod, I know it´s difficult to add it to the mod,

Saw this kinda thing in another game. It's a cool idea.

Wouldn't be impossible to mod it in, I don't have those kind of skills though.

It would still be badass, you go to get some gear back, and you've wandered off!

EDIT: Just thought, alt+f4ers bodies should turn into zombies and get them a fresh n00b spawn when they pussy out!

Edited by Chabowski

but they eat you... Didn't they become zombies because of a virus over time?

• Like 1

I think we shouldn´t always look whether it is possible or nor, whether it fits the world of not. The idea is cool itself, and it somehow fits the world, if we are not strict.

Thank you.

Edited by Mitor

Perhaps if you've passed out and have little blood left (say less than 2000) then there's a chance that you'll become zombie as a kind of premature death from the players pov.

Of course the player should be rewarded by seeing through the eyes of this zombie for a few seconds as it attacks friends and foes nearby. Not controlling, just like a kind of deathcam for a few seconds.

• Like 1

Of course the player should be rewarded by seeing through the eyes of this zombie for a few seconds as it attacks friends and foes nearby. Not controlling, just like a kind of deathcam for a few seconds.

I really like that idea!

I had the same idea, I'll link it below. I wish they would add it, would be such a cool feature. I go a little more in depth of how I'd like to see it implemented and I give scenarios in my post that depict the depth & dynamic decision making it would add to the game.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/69405-dead-players-turning-to-zombies/#entry662756

If it wasn't changing DayZ, I would back it 100%

I have learned to respect Rockets' vision though.

Hope Mt. Everest next year isn't too taxing on the guy. He has promises to keep! :beans:

EDIT: Good luck for the climb Mr. Hall, best wishes and all that banter.

Edited by Chabowski

Ive already posted something like this...

No, because the zombies in this game are not dead, they are humans with infection. You are one of the people who are immune to the virus, but that doesn't mean the infected can't beat you to death.

Edited by Sutinen

Been suggested before, but defo is a good idea if you get killed by a zed.

+1 OP

• Like 1

I like it! But the gear should still be on the zombie so you can kill it and take your stuff back, whatever you have in your hands should be droped on the spot you where killed. player zombies should not despawn.

I like this idea also, but it is a blatant rip from ZombieU (or something like that) for the Nintendo WiiU. I thought we were immune to the virus. Yeah I know i am a Debbie Downer!

I like it! But the gear should still be on the zombie so you can kill it and take your stuff back, whatever you have in your hands should be droped on the spot you where killed. player zombies should not despawn.

If what you have in your hands is a rifle and it has a belt that holds it to your body then the weapon should remain hanging...

I also like the idea of being rewarded to watch how you become a zombie and you attack your friends(from first view) during 5-10 seconds.

Edited by Mitor

No, because the zombies in this game are not dead, they are humans with infection. You are one of the people who are immune to the virus, but that doesn't mean the infected can't beat you to death.

Why haven't they starved to death yet?
  • Like 1

So how did they become infected? surely they got bitten and attacked by other zombies the same way you character does.

so why shouldn't this happen to you.

I think when your down and knocked out and you bleed to death, the zombies stop eating you cause they then somehow realise your infected

and you just stand up and walk around with the rest of them,ready for someone to come across you for a walking loot kill.

Why haven't they starved to death yet?

So how did they become infected? surely they got bitten and attacked by other zombies the same way you character does.

so why shouldn't this happen to you.

I think when your down and knocked out and you bleed to death, the zombies stop eating you cause they then somehow realise your infected

and you just stand up and walk around with the rest of them,ready for someone to come across you for a walking loot kill.

Both of you need to chill out. I wasn't hating, I was just pointing that out. Rocket himself has said it many times, they are not "classic" zombies, but infected. Don't get angry on me.

To those that seem very worried about fidelity and all that... Consider survivors to be immune to air contact with virus, not to bite contact. And immune system can sometimes fail, that´s why the possibility of acquire the virus could also be possible with simple contact(fight) with zombies, which could mean death for you(Over time, and not really death, but zombification).