rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

SPEARS

One of the first weapons mankind ever had. 

It should be possible to craft an spear out of wood (and scrap metal ) with an toolbox. 

With an staff weapon like an spear you dont have to go into short distance you have longer range than zombies arms/bite. 

it could also be possible to throw this javelin. (but it would be okay if its not possible)

if you need more info google for example for "Sarissa" or "Dory" greek ancient spears. 

SPEARS

One of the first weapons mankind ever had. 

It should be possible to craft an spear out of wood (and scrap metal ) with an toolbox. 

With an staff weapon like an spear you dont have to go into short distance you have longer range than zombies arms/bite. 

it could also be possible to throw this javelin. (but it would be okay if its not possible)

if you need more info google for example for "Sarissa" or "Dory" greek ancient spears. 

I suggest all the weapons from the mod , including AS50 and M107(man I miss finding one of those badboys in the mod) cause well , its suppose to be the antigame right ? no nerfs or any of that garbage , lets keep it real.

I also miss spawning with the revolver but haha the tears of some of these people

I suggest all the weapons from the mod , including AS50 and M107(man I miss finding one of those badboys in the mod) cause well , its suppose to be the antigame right ? no nerfs or any of that garbage , lets keep it real.

I also miss spawning with the revolver but haha the tears of some of these people

No. Not ideal for the location. Would also lead to constant sniping

No. Not ideal for the location. Would also lead to constant sniping

Kvsk might be better, but the duping issues make it too common.

Need a lot more local civil weapons than military weapons. Now we have a 

abundance of a NATO military weapons in a post-soviet country, WTF people?

• Like 1

Need a lot more local civil weapons than military weapons. Now we have a 
abundance of a NATO military weapons in a post-soviet country, WTF people?

Stilll keep Military weapons. Like AK's and such. Chernarus actually had an army. And NATO intervened to back them up during the Russian Invasion

• Like 1

Chernarus Defense force guns taking place as the most common military level equipment That might mean AK-107 and G36 from what I'm reading fortunately they use the RPG and RPK though.

They also apparently use the prototype XM8.

Sensible Russian Weapons AKM, AK-74M, MP443, AKS-74u, SVD, RPK, RPG-7 (of course this sort of stuff should be super friggen rare but should still be 10 times as common as Nato gear) Russian Fatigues which is TTsKO.

I think Mix the chernarus military into a less westernised/ german armed looking military and make the AK-74M as common as the AK-107 to get that nice wooden furniture, add the old favourite from the mod back :) Makarov. Maybe have the AKS-74u (should have small inventory space keeping in find it has a folding stock) as rare as the assault rifles since it has a shorter barrel and is less accurate.

AKM should probably be a bit rarer than the others with it being 7.62

I wouldn't mind seeing the AKM type 2 (6H4) Bayonett and AK-74M bayonett.

Keep I mind that even though I said a lot of advanced military crap that I do want this stuff to be incredibly rare anyway if much of it does ever get added.

Ideas for AK style mods could be that wooden vertical grip.

That lovely style of sound suppressor.

Duct taped mags. 2-3

Bipod.

AK-107 style red dot, since I think that thing comes with sight rails.

PSO style scopes.

Slings.

Synthetic stock parts for the tactical ninja of the group.

Possibly RIS rail attachments to make Nato attachments interchangeable.

All the juice I have for now.

Might have to think about the weapons that Chernarus defence force has that don't seem to fit the scene (XM8) maybe G36 I suppose it's fine and legitimate.

M4 needs to be Über rare though.

More über rare than I want these lot of Russian and CDF guns to be, 80% of players should only really be wielding civilian guns/ no gun at all.

1-5% might have the rare Nato/ offshore military gear.

• Like 1

Might have to think about the weapons that Chernarus defence force has that don't seem to fit the scene (XM8) maybe G36 I suppose it's fine and legitimate.

M4 needs to be Über rare though.

More über rare than I want these lot of Russian and CDF guns to be, 80% of players should only really be wielding civilian guns/ no gun at all.

1-5% might have the rare Nato/ offshore military gear.

I don't think you realise how many people that played the mod would not play the standalone because of this reason alone. Out of 11 people IRL, I don't know a single person who would like that. I know people have their own preferences, but I sincerely hope Rocket doesn't listen to people like you and he puts in a tonne of varied weaponry, not just 30 different types of AK.

If he does, then good job. Instead of US-in-a-different-place-simulator, you have AK-simulator 2014. I don't want to see a tonne of soviet weapons and nothing else, I want to see as many weapons as possible. Having actually played the standalone right now, it's boring. No variety and the endgame gear can be found in balota airstrip. Don't get me wrong, I knew that before I bought it and I can see the potential it has, but right now it's boring.

Standalone needs more and a greater variety of weapons, that includes sniper rifles for all those crying about camping. Also mods. SA needs more maps and mods available for it. That's how DayZ mod lasted so long and how it's still so popular. If it was just Chernarus then it would have died a long time ago.

So really, if Rocket does read this then the only other thing I would say is to ignore these hardcore masochistic fanatics and add everything you can into the SA. *coughcarsandtentssooncough* I'm not saying ignore them, you can allow servers to cater to them... but if all the servers cater to them then the casuals will not enjoy the game. Not everyone is a glutton for punishment, no matter what you might think or how you advertise DayZ

Stilll keep Military weapons. Like AK's and such. Chernarus actually had an army. And NATO intervened to back them up during the Russian Invasion

Chernarus actually had an army like soviet in 1970's and yes, it's moronic story of ARMA2, not DayZ.

Chernarus actually had an army like soviet in 1970's and yes, it's moronic story of ARMA2, not DayZ.

Don't understand what you just typed

Edited by King of kong

just posted in suggestions: if claymores are added, please no laser tripwire... players either have to have a clacker in hand, or physically set up the tripwires.

I don't think you realise how many people that played the mod would not play the standalone because of this reason alone. Out of 11 people IRL, I don't know a single person who would like that. I know people have their own preferences, but I sincerely hope Rocket doesn't listen to people like you and he puts in a tonne of varied weaponry, not just 30 different types of AK.

If he does, then good job. Instead of US-in-a-different-place-simulator, you have AK-simulator 2014. I don't want to see a tonne of soviet weapons and nothing else, I want to see as many weapons as possible. Having actually played the standalone right now, it's boring. No variety and the endgame gear can be found in balota airstrip. Don't get me wrong, I knew that before I bought it and I can see the potential it has, but right now it's boring.

Standalone needs more and a greater variety of weapons, that includes sniper rifles for all those crying about camping. Also mods. SA needs more maps and mods available for it. That's how DayZ mod lasted so long and how it's still so popular. If it was just Chernarus then it would have died a long time ago.

So really, if Rocket does read this then the only other thing I would say is to ignore these hardcore masochistic fanatics and add everything you can into the SA. *coughcarsandtentssooncough* I'm not saying ignore them, you can allow servers to cater to them... but if all the servers cater to them then the casuals will not enjoy the game. Not everyone is a glutton for punishment, no matter what you might think or how you advertise DayZ

As far as I'm concerned DayZ is not a casual game, but when did I say don't include American and German and Austrian weapons... I didn't I liked those guns too.

I would just like it if most people will be coming across melee weapons, then a higher majority with farm weapons, 10, 22's, 12g shotguns, and hunting rifles.

Then a smaller base of good players might come across local military level weaponry, the very very active players might have the luck to find Nato guns.

But the idea with this is that you always have a preference and don't just find the most powerful and best looking gun in half an hour.

If you want casual As-50 in every second house, like using 3rd person to cheat, and prefer shooting newspawns because you're casual it is you that needs a server of your own.

DayZ is a simulator why sacrifice reality because some derp that wants a M14 DMR in eastern Europe?

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned DayZ is not a casual game, but when did I say don't include American and German and Austrian weapons... I didn't I liked those guns too.

I would just like it if most people will be coming across melee weapons, then a higher majority with farm weapons, 10, 22's, 12g shotguns, and hunting rifles.

Then a smaller base of good players might come across local military level weaponry, the very very active players might have the luck to find Nato guns.

But the idea with this is that you always have a preference and don't just find the most powerful and best looking gun in half an hour.

If you want casual As-50 in every second house, like using 3rd person to cheat, and prefer shooting newspawns because you're casual it is you that needs a server of your own.

DayZ is a simulator why sacrifice reality because some derp that wants a M14 DMR in eastern Europe?

DayZ isn't a casual game, and I never said that I wanted 50,000 one shot kill weapons laid around cherno like a fine buffet of murdering tools, you're totally over-dramatising things. I very much doubt DayZ is actually classed as a simulator though, I haven't seen anywhere that leads me to believe that and unless you're willing to find the proof I'm going to have to say it's a game and games are supposed to be fun, and that's why you should sacrifice realism for it. I know that crawling through miles of dirt unarmed with no orientation other than the stars and the sound of the wind all the while pressing a button to allow yourself to breath may sound like a wet dream of a game to you, but not everyone has the time or motivation to trawl through hundreds of hours to try and find a higher end weapon only to get shot in the back by those who've already found them. I agree that different servers need different settings, and there's nothing wrong with that. One server might have a higher military loot spawn than another, but if that's the case then the two can't share a database. You could gear up on one server and hop over to another to murder those who can't find that gear as easily.

Point being, if people wanted to play around with crappy guns in a game that promises to violate their wallet and gives no fun in return, they'd play call of duty. Don't think everyone shares your vision of this ultra realistic simulator where a fart could mean bowel cancer. Some of us like to have fun in a tense and well geared firefight, the kind that can only be experienced in DayZ mod currently. The people who want the realism are the majority of this forum who have to realise at some point they are likely the minority on this matter. Other than reddit, but they could complain about anything.

• Like 2

DayZ isn't a casual game, and I never said that I wanted 50,000 one shot kill weapons laid around cherno like a fine buffet of murdering tools, you're totally over-dramatising things. I very much doubt DayZ is actually classed as a simulator though, I haven't seen anywhere that leads me to believe that and unless you're willing to find the proof I'm going to have to say it's a game and games are supposed to be fun, and that's why you should sacrifice realism for it. I know that crawling through miles of dirt unarmed with no orientation other than the stars and the sound of the wind all the while pressing a button to allow yourself to breath may sound like a wet dream of a game to you, but not everyone has the time or motivation to trawl through hundreds of hours to try and find a higher end weapon only to get shot in the back by those who've already found them. I agree that different servers need different settings, and there's nothing wrong with that. One server might have a higher military loot spawn than another, but if that's the case then the two can't share a database. You could gear up on one server and hop over to another to murder those who can't find that gear as easily.

Point being, if people wanted to play around with crappy guns in a game that promises to violate their wallet and gives no fun in return, they'd play call of duty. Don't think everyone shares your vision of this ultra realistic simulator where a fart could mean bowel cancer. Some of us like to have fun in a tense and well geared firefight, the kind that can only be experienced in DayZ mod currently. The people who want the realism are the majority of this forum who have to realise at some point they are likely the minority on this matter. Other than reddit, but they could complain about anything.

Hahaha, you think you should be able to get fully geared in half an hour.

Go away, play the mod in a private hive server and spawn with a dmr so you can have your fun fully geared firefights 20 seconds from the spawn.

DayZ standalone is about achieving something different and real.

And if the devs say it is a simulator then it is a simulator, dayZ is a zombie apocalypse survival simulator.

If it wasn't that they would take out food and hunger and zombies.

Go and play battlefield, because you don't know what DayZ is about.

• Like 2

Hahaha, you think you should be able to get fully geared in half an hour.

Go away, play the mod in a private hive server and spawn with a dmr so you can have your fun fully geared firefights 20 seconds from the spawn.

DayZ standalone is about achieving something different and real.

And if the devs say it is a simulator then it is a simulator, dayZ is a zombie apocalypse survival simulator.

If it wasn't that they would take out food and hunger and zombies.

Go and play battlefield, because you don't know what DayZ is about.

At no point did I say that I wanted to be able to gear up in half an hour, or spawn in with a DMR. I think you're a little obsessed with DMRs too, considering you've been raving on about it while I haven't even mentioned it.

Different and real? Well. Why don't you tell us all about the aims of the standalone, considering you're Rocket all of a sudden and unless your progress is measured in the amount of cakes you stuff into your facehole while playing the standalone, it's not going to get any more real than the mod. It's still a game at the end of the day, despite what you claim about it being a simulator. ArmA 2 is actually classed as a simulator and there isn't a food and drink requirement in that. Does that mean ArmA 2 isn't a simulator? No. Hunger and thirst are not requirements to be a simulation.

Essentially what you're saying is that you like to play DayZ a certain way, and so that must be the way that everyone has to play it now, because you like it like that. I tried to be reasonable, but really you're an elitist asshole who can't stand that other people like to have fun and they have fun in a different way because they're not a seeming unemployed masochistic twat who can afford to spend the entire day trying to gear up, then they can be safe when they kill fresh spawns because no-one else on the entire server has as gear anywhere near comparable to them. That's the only real reason you'd want gear to be ultra rare, because you can't fight on a level playing field. If you're bad at the game then don't try and force everyone else to have worse gear than you do so you have an unfair advantage.

By the way, if you're saying the devs call it a simulator then I want a reliable source for your information. It's not reliable just because you say the devs said it. You seem to be very good at making things up.

I was told by the President of the Republic Of Congo that he was with your father in a bar two miles south of honolulu drinking cocktails all night. And your father liked it.

but really you're an elitist asshole who can't stand that other people like to have fun and they have fun in a different way because they're not a seeming unemployed masochistic twat who can afford to spend the entire day trying to gear up, then they can be safe when they kill fresh spawns because no-one else on the entire server has as gear anywhere near comparable to them. That's the only real reason you'd want gear to be ultra rare, because you can't fight on a level playing field.

what a bunch of bullcrap. apart from the fact, that this thread isnt the right place for this discussion.

scavenging for equipment and ressources is a core gameplay element. the hardships of finding water and food, the malnourishment and its effects, the decisions you make when the most basic ressources are so scarce that they threaten your survival, thats what originally spawned the idea of DayZ after that life-changing experience Dean had during his survival excersise in Brunei. Getting "geared" should take days, over many play sessions. it is not supposed to be equivalent to quick-shopping loadouts like in counterstrike. it should be hard, frustrating, and even tedious at times. as Dean said last year "When I originally scoped the mod out, I wanted it to be very brutal, and I wanted the finding of your first weapon to be a real event for the player."

If you cannot find joy in such kind of game, then maybe this game isnt for you.

@Cerbo Knight Dean himself said he wanted DayZ to be an "anti-game"*, meaning it will frustrate the hell out of you and it will be brutal. If you spend hours on end gearing up but then get murdered, well sorry, that's part of the game

If you can't accept that then maybe DayZ isn't the game for you

*“At times I’ve called it an anti-game because when I designed it I felt like I was breaking a lot of the things as a game designer you were told to you need to do. These were things like providing balance, for example, and I wanted to try something different,”

^ also includes "not frustrating users"

I think you guys are getting the wrong impression, I never said that rarity of loot is a bad thing. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't take months to get basic gear, which is the impression I was getting. Speeds that a character gears up in the mod and the standalone currently are fine if not a little too fast (especially in the standalones case) but the speeds at which you lose it balances itself out.

Edited by Cerbo Knight

You gear up too quickly in the mod and ridiculously way too quickly in the standalone

I still don't really understand the point you're trying to make, you seem to be going all over the place with this

You're clearly not trying that hard to understand, or would you rather this go the way 90% of forum discussions go and I call you a cunt and we leave it at that? Also, opinions. Opinions everywhere. You have some and I have some. They clearly differ.

Dropping magazines may be standard practice, but you should be able to choose. I can't think of a time where I needed the extra reload speed so badly that I was willing to drop my magazine to save my life. It's not like survivors are spetznaz or navy seals or anything, they won't know the importance of reload speed over magazine recycling. Also, magazines are easily replaced in the real world here because there are still people alive to make them. If you didn't know the next time you'd ever see a compatible magazine again in your LIFE, you probably would hold on to it.

When changing magazines during reload, you should drop your current magazine onto the ground as is standard practice. if it still has ammo in it, then you would need to look down and select pick up to put it back into your inventory.

if magazines could be reloaded (or HAD to be reloaded), then this would make keeping up with your magazines more important if you were not under heavy fire and on the run. magazines are one of the most important components to a magazine fed weapon. forcing people to keep up with magazines would make weapons like the revolver, enfield, and winchester more attractive, especially for the survivor. a carton of lose ammo would take up less space and weight than an equivalent number of full magazines.

YES

further down this thread people don't get jackwhitter's point on "standard practice" - if you're under fire and you change mags, your empty mag goes on the ground, you drop it (you don't know where it goes, man, you dont care), you DONT take time to put it in your pack.

Later when the shooting stops you may have a chance to pick it up (if you're alive, and if you're in the same location).  If you're running and you change mags you leave the empty mag behind, right? Unless you want to stop for it?... hmmm?...  So now in DAYZ SA we reload mags, but we still change them out by magic, the empty mag jumps back into your gear like it knows the way. Do you place it in there with your 'spare hand' while you're firing, or while running with your gun up? Be real. Aim: don't waste ammo, dont waste magazines, pick up your empty mags off the ground if you can.

Or just don't get into fights.