rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

Mosin-Nagant.

More common hunting rifles that people might have in their homes.

30-30

30-06

Rem 700

etc.

*edit

The ultimate survival rifle!: .22 Long Rifle

Reloading equipment, build your own bullets with powder, primers, bullets, reloading bench.

Edited by mizzoufan96
  • Like 1

Mosin-Nagant.

More common hunting rifles that people might have in their homes.

30-30

30-06

Rem 700

etc.

*edit

The ultimate survival rifle!: .22 Long Rifle

Reloading equipment, build your own bullets with powder, primers, bullets, reloading bench.

Only in the US. Think location, 30-30 and 30-06 are very American calibres. Same with .308 and of course Remington 700's are American too.

Only in the US. Think location, 30-30 and 30-06 are very American calibres. Same with .308 and of course Remington 700's are American too.

I don't think weapon calibers can be strongly deemed "American" or not. Sure, there's a relatively hard divide between former Warsaw Pact weapons/calibers and NATO weapons/calibers. But there is also overlap, especially in a fictional nation (Chernarus) with fictional circumstances being placed upon it by the developers.

It seems clear, from ARMA 2's origin, to the mod's UH-1Y's crashing, that NATO is involved with the "lore" of DayZ.

This has been debated to death, and I think the consensus is that Russian/Warsaw Pact weapons should be the commonly found fodder of weapons. NATO weapons should be found around towns seldomly, with the high-end stuff being relegated to barracks and helicopter crashes (at least in the current mod paradigm, no idea how loot will work in SA).

My view on the issue is that a barebones AK or an AR-15 shouldn't be god's gift to man. These are weapons that are available in many households in the United States and elsewhere, much less on military bases. Likewise, the bulk of "civilian" weapons in this regard, from both a realistic perspective and a "balance" perspective, should be Euro/Warsaw Pact bolt-actions and shotguns.

I'm all for ammunition/weapon variety, as it allows for an enhanced sense of urgency and allows for the developers to play with different rarity levels. I'm totally fine having .30-06 and the like, weapons and ammunition, being able to be found in residential houses. However, it should be sufficiently rare to both justify the real-world unlikeliness of this occurring... and to give the player a choice between "Oh, do I want this M1 Garand with a clip of rare .30-06? or do I want this Mosin-Nagant with a box of 7.62x54R that I'll probably be able to find in the next town with ease?".

Edited by Katana67

A hessian sack to abduct people when they are knocked unconscious or place it over there head to transport them to your base without them knowing its location

• Like 1

balance between possible types of ammunition with added firearms that use said ammunition = Ammunition in low supply and high demand/value = (dean voice) an authentic experience

1. 8mm (Mauser, yugo m76, FN49, Hakim, gewehr 43, mg34 )
  2. 7.62x54r (PKM, M44 M91/30, Baikal IZH-18MH, sv-98, svt-40)
  3. 7.62x39 (AKM/AK47, RPK, CZ 527, SKS, Saiga style sporting AK)
  4. 7.62x51/.308 (FN FAL, G3, M1 garand, m14/m21, ar-10, Remington 700, MK.48)
  5. 5.54x39 (ak-74, Krinkov version, AN-94)
  6. 5.56x45 (m4, m16, ar-15, hk-416, scar-l, saw, CZ-805 BREN, winchester model 70, Ruger min-14,)
  7. .22LR (ruger mk III, ruger 10/22, CZ 452, Marlin .22, S&W model 41, henry golden boy, S&W k22 masterpeice)
  8. 9x19* (berretta m9/m93, grach MP-443, browning hi-power, glock**, hi-point pistols and carbines**, CZ 75**, springfield XD**, px4 Storm**, HK&K UMP**, CX4 Storm**, Uzi )
  9. 9x18 (makarov, OTs-02 Kiparis, PP-19 Bizon, fort 12, P-64, Stechkin automatic pistol)
  10. 7.62x25 (Tokarev, cz 52, nagant m1895, CZ Model 25, ppsh-41/43, m56{mp40 clone})
  11. .357 ( single action army variations, marlin 1894, mares leg, S&W 686, snub)
  12. .44 (lever actions and revolvers-- use google, this is tiring)
  13. .45 (All marked with**, m1911, Thomson, grease gun, hk45, vector kriss, mac-10)
  14. .40 S&W* (All marked with**, )
  15. 12 guage (use your imagination- hunting, sport, military, home defence)

(yes, I left out .303 british, it's a stupid caliber that's extremley hard to find, isn't used in more than a hand full of out of date and out of use mounted machine guns and the enfield family -- take that brits.)

[that covers snipers, lmgs, pistols, civilian rifles, military rifles (both current and surplus), and you guessed it-- shotguns.]

Gun specific calibers like that used in the VSS, would be getting ridiculous. You would spend more time looking for magazines and ammo than anything else.

I don't think people are thinking about the ammunition types of the weapons they're suggesting.

im waiting and watching so much youtube stuff about DayZ (seeing my PC cant run ARMA on it, I cant play it) and I wanna just buy this alpha right away and have fun with my banditry and be nice to some players who are new ;) Your progress is perfect and I think a weapon im thinking is a Derringer pistol, its a multi-barrel kind but it is just an idea :) maybe you can make it more apocalyptic looking.

Just add in as much stuff as you can, with the current stable mod features + whatever else you deem good or important in the initial release, then start to add more content over updates.

No DLC, just free updates. You can be that guy. Mod support. More features. Stable. Game of the year 2013/2014.

i'd love to see something like tin can noise trap's, i make camp in the building site at cherno and i'd love to put up tin can's on string to make noise when someone walked in, or maybe even metro2033 stye swnging-log with spikes

• Like 1

I see members posting 2 pages long details on here of things people would like to see. rocket is too busy and will probably never read, how about you guys let him get on fixing the basics that plague the mod.

iron out all the glitches, and simplifie  the key binding system, there's way too many bindings. i have this horrible feeling that the standalone is gonna dissapoint a lot of you. i saw this type of thing on the EA forums during the last 2 medal of honor games, blind fan boys were getting hyped, and jumping on the naysayers. and guess what? we were right in the end. so much rage went to the ea forums that they deleted it's entire section.

I see youtube vids of people firing .50 cal bullets out of their 12 Gauges with little modification.

I'd like to see sawwed off shotguns (stocks and shortened barrels) basically a choice to make your shotgun worse with slugs and better for indoors, if its small enough to fit along your thigh it should be equipable as a sidearm (I'm sorry if the system has changed to make this different.)

Above all I'd love more emphasis on melee weapons bladed and blunt alike.

Something has to be done about pass out times.

If you jump the gun and log out too quickly after dying on a desynced server, it doesn't register your death and counts as combat logging, you then get an absurd pass out time (I'm talking hours). I did this and ended up waiting 3 hours to only have my pass out time go down less than an 8th. The server restarted before I could finish, in the end I had to rely on a friend to save my ass. No-one on the server wanted to kill me because they thought it was a trap.

Also when you wake up, you start dicking around with your sidearm for about 5 seconds. Too long if zombies are mauling you, I've had zombies hit me so much I pass out immediately after waking up. This needs to be fixed. Maybe an option to just die, for the stupid long pass out times?

Something has to be done about pass out times.

If you jump the gun and log out too quickly after dying on a desynced server, it doesn't register your death and counts as combat logging, you then get an absurd pass out time (I'm talking hours). I did this and ended up waiting 3 hours to only have my pass out time go down less than an 8th. The server restarted before I could finish, in the end I had to rely on a friend to save my ass. No-one on the server wanted to kill me because they thought it was a trap.

Also when you wake up, you start dicking around with your sidearm for about 5 seconds. Too long if zombies are mauling you, I've had zombies hit me so much I pass out immediately after waking up. This needs to be fixed. Maybe an option to just die, for the stupid long pass out times?

That triple gun animation thing is a real bitch sometimes.

Firstly Fuck Reddit ! :rolleyes: And all who Sails upon her

In the Mod we had the Barbed Wire and whilst it was a little abused I think this could be implemented in the SA . Referring to something current like The Walking Dead , Fencing and Barbed Wire could be used effectivley and be a great feature , however only if they degraded over say a cycle of the Server.

As far as Weapons I agree with those who want the amount of Military Type weapons limited, make them rare, not like the Mod where all 20 of us in our group has a Selection of every Weapon. Keep Weapons common like Revolvers , hunting Rifles from Farmers etc.

Melee Weapons also has been very well covered and I love the amount of detail everyone has put into their Posts, fucking fantastic.

DAYZ SA TEAM SPEAK Discussion  Server

Just a thought but we were wondering if people were interested in joining a common Team Speak Server to discuss DAYZ SA, a Public Team Speak Forum if you like. If there is Interest we shall set it up.

• Like 2

Firstly Fuck Reddit ! :rolleyes: And all who Sails upon her

In the Mod we had the Barbed Wire and whilst it was a little abused I think this could be implemented in the SA . Referring to something current like The Walking Dead , Fencing and Barbed Wire could be used effectivley and be a great feature , however only if they degraded over say a cycle of the Server.

As far as Weapons I agree with those who want the amount of Military Type weapons limited, make them rare, not like the Mod where all 20 of us in our group has a Selection of every Weapon. Keep Weapons common like Revolvers , hunting Rifles from Farmers etc.

Melee Weapons also has been very well covered and I love the amount of detail everyone has put into their Posts, fucking fantastic.

DAYZ SA TEAM SPEAK Discussion  Server

Just a thought but we were wondering if people were interested in joining a common Team Speak Server to discuss DAYZ SA, a Public Team Speak Forum if you like. If there is Interest we shall set it up.

Everything is melee weapon in DayZ standalone.

i'd love to see something like tin can noise trap's, i make camp in the building site at cherno and i'd love to put up tin can's on string to make noise when someone walked in, or maybe even metro2033 stye swnging-log with spikes

Love, love, love the idea of a tin can noise trap... Muchas Frijoles!!!

I see members posting 2 pages long details on here of things people would like to see. rocket is too busy and will probably never read, how about you guys let him get on fixing the basics that plague the mod.

iron out all the glitches, and simplifie  the key binding system, there's way too many bindings. i have this horrible feeling that the standalone is gonna dissapoint a lot of you. i saw this type of thing on the EA forums during the last 2 medal of honor games, blind fan boys were getting hyped, and jumping on the naysayers. and guess what? we were right in the end. so much rage went to the ea forums that they deleted it's entire section.

You do realize these are all ideas that are intended to be implemented AFTER the alpha is released?  

Millions of people enjoyed playing DayZ Mod with all of its shitty bindings and glitchy bs... Do you honestly believe those things are what make the gaming experience?  The game will be excellent because its an open world, zombie survival, sandbox.  And because it will have more immersion and variability than the current mod...

The End

CANNED MEAT DAMNIT!!

Something between canned foods and real food that is slightly better, but also slightly rarer than beans.

I'm sure this has already been said somewhere in the 35 pages of this thread, but how about something a little different:

Modular load bearing vests!

The way I see it is this: Your character spawns with his basic gear, and through your experience in game you obviously come across different types of clothes which include different types of vests. 

One of the types of vest you can find in the game will be a MOLLE style vest/plate carrier (if you look at the PMC models in game you can see this is what they are wearing). When you initially find this vest it will come with one or two magazine pouches that you can carry primary ammunition in for quick access. All other ammo will be stored in other areas, and will take longer to get to (digging through a bag takes time).

But here's the clincher: you will also be able to find other pouches that you can attach to the vest as you see fit. This will increase your carrying capacity as well as visually alter your appearance in game. Want to carry 10 mags? Find enough pouches and you can! Want two frags easily accessible? No problem, find the pouches and toss 'em on the vest!

Most militaries use some sort of modular equipment, so this makes sense in this game.

This would enhance gameplay in a number of meaningful ways:

1) Having a modular vest/carrier would allow for deeper role-play experiences. If you only carry a weapon to defend yourself against small threats, you only need to have a couple mag pouches, and can instead attach a utility pouch for misc. storage of medical supplies, or just save weight and not attach anything at all.

If you are more of a gunfighter-type player, dispose of the utility pouch and add more ammo storage. This will of course increase your load, but it enables you to carry a fight through to completion.

2) Having a visual indicator of what another player is carrying will dictate better player interaction. If you encounter a player that has for example, one mag pouch and multiple utility pouches, you can safely assume that he is less likely to initiate a fight than the player with 10 mags and 2 frags. One of these people is ready for war, one is just trying to survive.

• Like 2

^^^This, this and this again.

If I'm a fresh spawn, and I chance upon a gent with 10 mags and some frag pouches... I'll have a good idea of who not to fuck with.

The speed vs. pouches idea is a very good one, it doesn't make sense that you can shuffle stuff around instantly (but it doesn't mean it has to take ages).

(yes, I left out .303 british, it's a stupid caliber that's extremley hard to find, isn't used in more than a hand full of out of date and out of use mounted machine guns and the enfield family -- take that brits.)

Have some respect!! The point three oh three Lee Enfield is a beautiful piece of craftmanship. You can do anything with this weapon, drop it in a swamp, fail to clean it, and it'll still fire true. It will never let you down. In a zombie apocalypse, I would trust this rifle with my very life. That's more than I could ever say for some of the other weapons you mentioned in your post! Thre are millions of Lee Enfields distributed over the world and are still in use today in places like Afganistan, India, Pakistan, Persian Gulf, and Chernno.

You can pick up ammunition for this weapon at some army surplus depots, but yes, finding it is difficult at times since this caliber is not popular for weapons today, and it will be expensive ($.25 to $1 per round). For this reason, most owners handload their own cartriges. The.303 It is a wonderful caliber with enough punch to take down a bull elephant in a single clean shot, just so you know! Try doing that with a 12-guage or 7.62x39 and see who is likely to come out on top! There aren't that many decent bullets for hunting with a 7.62x39 unless you know how to handload your own ammo.

This is why in the past I strongly suggested that Rocket consider having a skill that would allow players to craft their own ammunition in small amounts. All they would need to find is a handloading manual for each round, gunpowder, a handfull of shells and bullets from a crate, and a reloading kit similar to this one: http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?tag=lee-reloading-starter-kit

This ability would also make the game that much more interesting! B)

Edited by codestargod

Am not sure if it has been suggested before. But has make shift traps been suggested? Like a make shift nail bomb or some trip wire and spikes? Not only will small things like this help protect a camp you have made. It can also be used to kill animals for food or even take out of a few zombies that you can't shake off.

Multiple revolvers, mostly 22LR, 38 special/357 magnum and 45colt (SAA?) with a 44 magnum and the nagant revolver with a suppressor that could be attached.

Multiple versions of either CZ, Glock, sig sauer or h&k pistols in 9mm/40sw/45acp/22LR all with attachable supressors.(chosen because country of origin is close to where chernarus it thought to be) 

Bolt action rifles of all types of calibres not limited to but including 22LR, 223(5.56), 243, 30-06, 308(7.62)

Lever action rifles of all types of calibres not limited to but including 22lr, 30-30, 357 mag, 44 mag, 45colt

Pump action shotguns of the Mossberg 500/590 variety and Remington 870, along with a few Russian models.

Over/under and side by side shotguns - able to be cut down with a toolbox.

Suppressors: should be limited by calibre (22,30,38/9mm,45) where larger suppressors can be put on smaller guns but not vice versa. must require a threaded barrel [requires a toolbox to add, already on certain weapons] but for pistols an extended/threaded barrel must be equipped, suppressors are also common in Europe for hunting and limiting hearing damage. This threading should be available to all projective weapons, excluding shotguns.

Stocks - replacement stocks can be found, with, say a plastic stock lightening a certain rifle but increasing the recoil compared to a wooden one and vice versa. these should be removable

Storage in rifles - for example in the sks/mosin/ak there is a slot for a cleaning kit, there should be a chance that it is in there and i should be able to be looted/used or replaced if you happen to find one. Should be able to fit a few loose rounds inside, just in case.

This is all i can think of right now.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 2