RickGrimes45

Over 230 hackers got banned on my server

Try running a server sometime before you shout your mouth off about what admins should or shouldn't do.

A. Please point out where I've stated what admins should or shouldn't do.

B. I have admin-ed. But it doesn't take a fellow admin to know when there's reasonable admins and when there's unreasonable admins. Obviously, this far in to the mod people are simply fed up and sick of the hackers. That goes without saying. Admins are gamers, too, and they want to spend time playing themselves. Yes, you're frustrated and it's easy to just ban someone without warning. And the obvious hackers should be banned right off the bat. But if someone joins the server with a suspicious weapon and does nothing more than play, does he really need to be banned without a warning / kick first?

Well can't speak for others but I have been using Gotcha for almost a month now. Any player that joins my server with a 'illegal' weapon will get a warning telling them which illegal item / weapon they are holding.

This player from that moment on knows (as it is told to them in an automated message) that if they do not drop the weapon / item and choose to keep playing, they will be banned after 5 minutes.

Seems fair enough to me and I can tell you, after running Gotcha antihack for almost a month now, that there are a lot of players that seem to have the 'magicly acquired' loadout consisting of a BAF AS50_TWS and UZI_SD.

These players, 9 out of 10 times, log off immediately after reading the message (the rest of the server gets also warned by a global message telling player x is carrying a hacked-in item) and that speaks volumes imo.

They damn well know what they are doing and choose to cheat. Why should any admin be sympathetic towards those players?

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

Well can't speak for others but I have been using Gotcha for almost a month now. Any player that joins my server with a 'illegal' weapon will get a warning telling them which illegal item / weapon they are holding.

This player from that moment on knows (as it is told to them in an automated message) that if they do not drop the weapon / item and choose to keep playing, they will be banned after 5 minutes.

Seems fair enough to me and I can tell you, after running Gotcha antihack for almost a month now, that there are a lot of players that seem to have the 'magicly acquired' loadout consisting of a BAF AS50_TWS and UZI_SD.

These players, 9 out of 10 times, log off immediately after reading the message (the rest of the server gets also warned by a global message telling player x is carrying a hacked-in item) and that speaks volumes imo.

They damn well know what they are doing and choose to cheat. Why should any admin be sympathetic towards those players?

Is it easy to use and not bug ridden?

A. Please point out where I've stated what admins should or shouldn't do.

ok

snapback.pngRickGrimes45, on 06 October 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

If you are using a hacked weapon my server will give you a warning of 5 min to drop it

You said

And really, that's fair and the mature approach to take.

it comes down to what you can prove. there's no question the AS-50 AWS is hacked in

Then ban every person holding ass50, m107, nvg and rangefinder. Because it's 99.99% that these items were hacked in (ok, there's small chance that they were duped).

Then ban every person holding ass50, m107, nvg and rangefinder. Because it's 99.99% that these items were hacked in (ok, there's small chance that they were duped).

there's a big difference between 99.99% and 100%

13. You are permitted to kick for illegitimate weapons/items not intended to be in the game, however please remember, many players do not and should not be expected to know every item that is legitimate and as such we would prefer you do not ban for this.

so you are permitted to kick, and they'd "prefer" you don't ban for that