Sign in to follow this  
Zoop

Bringing old-school DayZ back.

Okay, just to start things off, this is what I posted on another forum, and it got quite a bit of agreement from the guys, so we're looking at ways to bring our servers back to what they were before the duping bugs became so common;

To be honest, listening to what everyone is saying, I really don't think I'd enjoy play DayZ if I started up again now. Back when I played, people didn't even use tents. If people wanted weapons, they went on the gun-runner route, Med tents at Balota -> Balota Airfield -> Stary Sobor -> NWAF. If you died, you went looking for new weapons.

Now everyone has giant tent cities and if someone dies it seems they just run back to their tents and get all their equipment back. It entirely misses the point of the game and, in my opinion, kind of ruins it too. Heck, back when I last played having a vehicle was something that only happened when you were incredibly lucky, and then it was a giant mission just keeping a hold of it.

The game is nothing like when I played. I can't presume to speak for anyone else, but it sounds anything but fun to me. Sounds more like one of the core features was somehow lost along the way, which is that death actually held penalties for the player and was a real issue.

So, we're looking at removing tents entirely from our server. The issue is, the storage/duping issue will continue through vehicles, which we don't want to remove entirely. Does anyone know if there is any way that we can change vehicles so you can't store anything in them?

Why don't you just implement the duping fixes like most other private hives?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

Vehicle and tent saving are fixed on my server. Hell we just added in the ability to spawn items and zombies while your in a vehicle so players cant pin point when someone is in a town when driving by.

Edited by jackcrow