Sign in to follow this  
dasdarkseed@hotmail.com

Motion detector

Dayz is a game world where things happen whether you are logged in or not, it is also a game world where nothing is really safe. Someone could spend hours or even days to set a campsite, with all available fortification options, just to find out that a guy with only a toolbox can destroy it.

That doesn't feel right. I guess there will be lots of people who would say that Dayz is a cruel world, and that we should just live with it. I agree. It is, and it should be a cruel world, BUT I personally believe that there should be a way to protect our campsites.

I propose the introduction of a motion detection device, with a radius of some meters ( 20 to 40 should be more than enough). This device would be placed at spots that you would like to monitor, and would inform you with a sound alarm on a remote device you would carry on you, in case an other player enters it's monitoring zone.

For instance, it could be placed at a camp site, so if someone gets passed the perimeter, you would be noticed, and you would have the chance to go there and defend it.

One more thing I believe would be cool, though probably impossible, would be if that device could inform you of invaders via email in the case you are offline. Remember that the game goes on even if you are not there...

I don't know how easy or hard it would be for something like this to be done, or if it is possible at all. It is just an idea, stupid or not, I personally think it would turn the PvP battles more meaningful, and more often. Plus the need for more organized groups for serious action could force people to be more fond to ask question first and shoot later.

I hope this is never implemented.

• Like 4

Because it's an end of the world zombie apocalypse survival game, Not an electronic gadget, Radio shack on every corner... ..... blah blah

Try Fallout or Crysis 3

Edited by jblackrupert

NV goggles and thermal optics are also gadgets, but most players seek for them. Besides it wouldn't be any kind of a common device that everyone would be carrying to watch their backs. Anyway, i don't want to argue, I just needed an explanation of your answers.

This isn't future simulator, and there are basically no motion detectors which work without mains power or even being used by today's military/NATO forces the game is built around.

lol, so you're at work... *piep* 'oh shit i gotta go boss, my camp is being attacked!'...

You'd never have enough time to get on a pc, login and prevent that guy from destroying your stuff so it's pretty useless.

Edited by James Ashwood

Yea great idea..... How about a mounted .50 cal that kills them for you aswell !!

Also possibly a pet cat that goes out looting for you at night with an alice pack strapped to its back !!

Orrrrrrr maybe not.........

• Like 2

You made a camp?. Take care of it.

The night is dark and full of survivors.

• Like 1

would make camping too easy for snipers *sniper hides on hospital and sets up motion sensor. few hours later a man with a lee enfield sneaks up to hospital. man is shot due to sniper being alerted by motion senser

This isn't future simulator, and there are basically no motion detectors which work without mains power or even being used by today's military/NATO forces the game is built around.

they use the devices more then you would think, except they call them landmines.... and no dayz shouldn't give you access to claymores either, before op asks.