Sign in to follow this  
flygamer1

Standalone in graphical terms.

Just wondering if the standalone version will be less demanding in graphic then dayz mod. Meaning I dont have to have really low setting to get higher fps rate. (got a crap computer)

I think it will be the same but with a much stable fps.

Well first it was said that it will be mix of Arma 2 and Arma 3 engine which will be called 2.5 .... but after on latest presantation in UK rocket said that it wil use Arma 2 engine .... I was hoping for better lighting effects the same we saw in ARMA 3 presantation. The fps should be more stable in Dayz than in Dayz mode.

Well first it was said that it will be mix of Arma 2 and Arma 3 engine which will be called 2.5 .... but after on latest presantation in UK rocket said that it wil use Arma 2 engine .... I was hoping for better lighting effects the same we saw in ARMA 3 presantation. The fps should be more stable in Dayz than in Dayz mode.

Can you link the interview?

As far as I know, the standalone DayZ will use a locked down and modified ARMA 3 engine(Hence the "2.5", since it will have the unnecessary things removed from the engine, thus not full 3.0) with a mix of that chopper-thingy. (Forgot the name.)

• Like 1

Don't expect miracles but I think it will be a little more stable than the mod.

Can you link the interview?

As far as I know, the standalone DayZ will use a locked down and modified ARMA 3 engine(Hence the "2.5", since it will have the unnecessary things removed from the engine, thus not full 3.0) with a mix of that chopper-thingy. (Forgot the name.)

I saw the interview where he said it would be a buffed ArmA 2 engine too. Don't have time to dig it up though, sorry. He said they didn't have time to start again with a new engine so they're using a refined version of the ArmA 2 one though.

• Like 1

I saw the interview where he said it would be a buffed ArmA 2 engine too. Don't have time to dig it up though, sorry. He said they didn't have time to start again with a new engine so they're using a refined version of the ArmA 2 one though.

Fair enough. I think I should be able to look it up once I get home.

Thanks, though.

It's Take On Helicopters but why bother with the extra resources for the flight model? How many choppers are in the game (and arguably do we even need them?) so why use the extra fidelity. Don't get me wrong I love flying but dayz isn't a flight sim and doesn't need a complex flight model - perhaps those resources could be better spent elsewhere?

so it'll have the same crappy mouse movement?

damn, losing interest now

mouse movement of?

negative and positive acceleration, there is no fix in it for arma 2

I could be wrong but I figured the dodgy mouse input and clunky controls are an intentional feature to stop people like me that have racked up about a year of play time in FPS games running around and aimbotting everyone in the face, lol.

negative and positive acceleration, there is no fix in it for arma 2

You do know that you can remove the mousesmoothing, right? My mouse movement is the same as in the rest of the games I play.

You do know that you can remove the mousesmoothing, right? My mouse movement is the same as in the rest of the games I play.

has nothing to do with mouse smoothing

it's ACCELERATION

Fair enough. I think I should be able to look it up once I get home.

Thanks, though.

I think you might have a hard time finding the exact video I saw, I think the main focus was on something else but they talked a bit about the standalone. I saw it here on the forum somewhere and the interviewer was a really, really awkward sounding English guy anyway, lol.

It's Take On Helicopters but why bother with the extra resources for the flight model? How many choppers are in the game (and arguably do we even need them?) so why use the extra fidelity. Don't get me wrong I love flying but dayz isn't a flight sim and doesn't need a complex flight model - perhaps those resources could be better spent elsewhere?

That is not why they are using the engine.

according to rocket this is the engine they will be using. same engine in Take on Helicopters.

The specs of this game are way lower than armas. So It will be easier to run ( less demanding) And have very good graphics. Imo Edited by Zul

has nothing to do with mouse smoothing

it's ACCELERATION

this has been bugging me lately. it's like the faster you react and move your mouse, the less the camera moves.

From what I've seen Rocket say, and I just casually check every now and then im not some stalker type so he may have said otherwise, but he definitely said twice ive seen him say that Take On Helicopters is the engine they're using and as they are working on the game already and have been for a while I doubt they will have changed engines all of a sudden.

The reasons for using that engine are because the team that is working on DayZ BUILT that engine themselves. They are the guys that worked on Take On Helicopters so they know more about that engine than anything else or anyone else.

EDIT: Almost forgot to say, Rocket has said that they have improved the ZOMBIES ( he used the word zombies btw for those people still claiming that they arent Zombies they're just infected, well now he says they are) a lot in terms of system resources, they now use a lot less memory etc. He said that the main problem with DayZ performance was Zombies and that they have vastly improved them. So with this and other improvements and thinking it will be less system resource heavy and may run smoother with higher FPS.

Edited by Rooneye

He said they didn't have time to start again with a new engine so they're using a refined version of the ArmA 2 one though.

This is where I feel this game is going to be a bit of a disappointment, we all know what happens when games are rushed and when a project starts off poorly will usually end poorly. I know he doesn't want to be beaten by the competition WarZ and whoever the other one was but to say he doesn't have "Time" to start again sounds like he is dying from a terminal disease. The Arma2 engine wasn't just buggy in DayZ it was buggy in Arma2 and I doubt he is going to make that much of an impact on the engine.

Edited by Mastiff

There is a way to disable this acceleration in the options. I'm way too lazy to launch up ArmA 2 just to look what it's name was, but I disabled right after I got the game running.

I've never had any bother with negative/positive acceleration.

If the mouse doesn't respond as quickly as your input, it sounds like your graphics cards waiting to render whole frames.

Turning V-sync off in video options stops any apparent mouse lag in my experience, but I'm not an expert and I don't know your hardware. No harm in trying though!

There is a way to disable this acceleration in the options. I'm way too lazy to launch up ArmA 2 just to look what it's name was, but I disabled right after I got the game running.

you're most likely just talking about mouse smoothing. only other options are x and y axis and those didn't make the sensitivity feel any different. what's weird is that it's not a problem when free looking with the alt key, just when moving the mouse very fast to turn your character. move the mouse across the mouse pad very fast and i barely turn 10-15 degrees. slow the mouse down and i turn way more for the same distance traveled across the mouse pad.

I've never had any bother with negative/positive acceleration.

If the mouse doesn't respond as quickly as your input, it sounds like your graphics cards waiting to render whole frames.

Turning V-sync off in video options stops any apparent mouse lag in my experience, but I'm not an expert and I don't know your hardware. No harm in trying though!

never have had v-sync on. happens at 60fps.

Edited by Lag

I'm building a gaming pc so I hope it has some good graphics so I can put my gtx to work!