Ingwe

Avoid US1911 and whatever clan runs it

I was playing on US1911, taking advantage of the fact that it was nighttime and sparsely populated so I could look for loot. Some dude named "Koops" got on and said he was restarting the server in 5 minutes so I logged at NW airfield. I went downstairs and watched a DVR'd episode of Family Guy before going back to play. The second I join the server and get in game, I get a message telling me to disconnect immediately or face a global ban. About 30 seconds later I'm kicked.

I rejoined and Koops global posts for me to talk to him in Lobby chat. Which I do. He accuses me of spawning a "small ammo crate" and that he will ban me for it if I do it again. When I object to his accusation, he basically calls me a liar stating that "he can read logs." The only thing remotely close to an ammo crate I found was a 5.56 ammo box which spawned in the NW airfield barracks - I didn't even take ammo from it. I didn't need it.

So I don't know what these guys are on, but chances are, if you join that server you'll have to put up with similar harrassment from it's admins.

• Like 1

Since 1911 is a public hive, he can only know that it was spawned and you were then guilty by association. So he might have just seen your name associated with the box in some way and assumed it was you. You shouldn't take it so personally though, hacking is the biggest threat server admins face. They do whatever they can to thwart it. You should just play somewhere else and dont open ammo boxes. All ammo boxes are hacked in, if you see one, don't touch it.

• Like 1

dont open ammo boxes. All ammo boxes are hacked in, if you see one, don't touch it.

You were right in every respect but that one.

• Like 1

Curious myself. I found an ammo box at a heli crash site. It was the only time I've seen what I believed to be a legitimate ammo box. Everything else at the crash site seemed legit. Was it not?

I digress, off on a tangent.

• Like 1

Curious myself. I found an ammo box at a heli crash site. It was the only time I've seen what I believed to be a legitimate ammo box. Everything else at the crash site seemed legit. Was it not?

Yeah it was legit man.

• Like 1

What an idiot. He's got no bloody idea how to read logs.

This is taken from one of the logs on a server I admin.

"#0 "AmmoBoxSmall_556"

It doesn't mean he hacked in an ammo box. He touched either an ammo box at a crash site, or in a baracks. The ones with either 30 STANAG, or 3 variants of Sniper Ammo.

We know how to admin on our server. Come on our server if you like, US 631. It's a private hive, we don't abuse, and we check for crap like this all the time.

• Like 4

Yeah guys there is a legit ammo box that has 30 clips of ammo of 3 different types. It spawns at heli crash sites. Ive also found them in the barracks at NWAF.

• Like 1

There are legit ammo boxes at barracks and heli crash sites containig Stanag rounds and then a .762 box for rifle ammo. They are in game items so alwaus take a look.

• Like 1

It was a 5.56 ammo box. It had 20 30rd STANAG mags and 10 30rd STANAG SD mags. As far as I know those spawn in the barracks and at helicopter crash sites, as well as 7.62 boxes which spawn AK rounds and the Dragunov mags. Everything I have has been obtained legitimately, I mean a server glitch killed me like 3 days ago and all I have is a M4A1 and a M9SD. I haven't pulled anything out of hacked in boxes: though I know what you're talking about. I've seen towers of boxes filled with like 20 of every item that hackers spawn but this was something that looked like a small metal box that holds belted machinegun ammo. I believe Aussie's explaination pretty much sums it up. Love Top Gear, btw. :P You may have beenz.

• Like 1

Wow, this is the first thread I've ever come across where someone is complaining about the admin of a server and it didn't immediately dissolve into an insult-slinging internet shitstorm.

Beans to all of you!

Since 1911 is a public hive, he can only know that it was spawned and you were then guilty by association. So he might have just seen your name associated with the box in some way and assumed it was you. You shouldn't take it so personally though, hacking is the biggest threat server admins face. They do whatever they can to thwart it. You should just play somewhere else and dont open ammo boxes. All ammo boxes are hacked in, if you see one, don't touch it.

Or.... he can't read logs for shit

come on my server and you wont get hasseled pm me

Private hive?

What an idiot. He's got no bloody idea how to read logs.

This is taken from one of the logs on a server I admin.

"#0 "AmmoBoxSmall_556"

It doesn't mean he hacked in an ammo box. He touched either an ammo box at a crash site, or in a baracks. The ones with either 30 STANAG, or 3 variants of Sniper Ammo.

We know how to admin on our server. Come on our server if you like, US 631. It's a private hive, we don't abuse, and we check for crap like this all the time.

Was gonna post this, what kind of asshat do they have checkin their logs over there?

Probably a new admin and he jumped the gun ... no pun intended.

If I were the OP I'd try to contact the admin staff on 1911 and see if they can help out. Mostly it seems that someone just needs a list or guide on what's legitimate and what's not.