matthew.hayes.somerville@gmail.com

Any word on an update to fix BattlEye?

Any difference if you dont use Commander?

What I´m after is that I want you to close any other application, such as SIx or Commander, after start.

I always had my commander running - shouldn't matter. One thing though, if you refresh all the servers in commander while connecting, there might be a problem. You see, Commander uses UDP which is stateless (unlike TCP which establishes a connection/session and ends it after it's done) so for every server that commander checks (about 5200 on mine) it takes up an entry in the NAT-table (translating from your 192.168.1.x/10.x.x.x IP to an internet IP) and this is handled in router's memory. So if you have an old/cheap router with not a lot of memory, the router can only handle a fixed amount of connections at the time. Now usually the router will either overwrite an existing entry in the NAT-table or it might just drop the packets (preferably overwriting). This usually shouldn't impact BE which runs TCP (I believe, haven't checked) but some routers might overwrite TCP sessions with new UDP packets, it depends on your router. If it drops packets it probably drops both UDP and TCP unless the TCP is an established connection.

In short, it's not likely to be the root of your problem but it might. The workaround is to wait 1-3 minutes (maybe even 5 if you're really unlucky and/or have some weird ass router) after Commander is done refreshing servers before connecting. That means that regardless of the behavior of the router (overwrite/drop) it should handle new connections at that time. If this is the problem you shouldn't be able to connect to a server every time and then luck out on the BE session when it is as consistently as you describe so it's not likely to be the problem but give it a try.

Commander doesn't auto-refresh (except for maybe the one server you clicked on) so you can leave it running. It has nothing to do with BE, only the game pokes around with BE. Once the game is running (e.g. you're in the main menu) the game doesn't care how it's launched and BE certainly doesn't care). Hope my explanation was clear enough, if not - just ask.

I always had my commander running - shouldn't matter. One thing though, if you refresh all the servers in commander while connecting, there might be a problem. You see, Commander uses UDP which is stateless (unlike TCP which establishes a connection/session and ends it after it's done) so for every server that commander checks (about 5200 on mine) it takes up an entry in the NAT-table (translating from your 192.168.1.x/10.x.x.x IP to an internet IP) and this is handled in router's memory. So if you have an old/cheap router with not a lot of memory, the router can only handle a fixed amount of connections at the time. Now usually the router will either overwrite an existing entry in the NAT-table or it might just drop the packets (preferably overwriting). This usually shouldn't impact BE which runs TCP (I believe, haven't checked) but some routers might overwrite TCP sessions with new UDP packets, it depends on your router. If it drops packets it probably drops both UDP and TCP unless the TCP is an established connection.

In short, it's not likely to be the root of your problem but it might. The workaround is to wait 1-3 minutes (maybe even 5 if you're really unlucky and/or have some weird ass router) after Commander is done refreshing servers before connecting. That means that regardless of the behavior of the router (overwrite/drop) it should handle new connections at that time. If this is the problem you shouldn't be able to connect to a server every time and then luck out on the BE session when it is as consistently as you describe so it's not likely to be the problem but give it a try.

Commander doesn't auto-refresh (except for maybe the one server you clicked on) so you can leave it running. It has nothing to do with BE, only the game pokes around with BE. Once the game is running (e.g. you're in the main menu) the game doesn't care how it's launched and BE certainly doesn't care). Hope my explanation was clear enough, if not - just ask.

So essentially, load up DayZ commander, go for a smoke and then try one?

RESULT: Most promising so far! I got the two other messages on the GUID regarding BattlEye, further more I wasn't kicked hanging around in the lobby. Alas, I got stuck on the green loading screen, and upon trying to re-connect to the same server, I was then kicked again.

Will give this a go, and also launching ArmA 2 CO from Steam and trying that.

RESULT: No DayZ servers were even shown.

Hopefully getting closer to fixing this problem haha

Edited by 89ShadowUK

When you tried reconnecting, did you replace the dll first? You might have a two-headed troll on your hand. My old "replace dll everytime" and a router with limited simultaneous connections. A couple of additional things - are you running any torrent software on any of the PCs in your network? Are you running wireless or cable? If wireless can you try cable? If cable can you try to update the driver?

Everything is running fine on my PC, all other applications are working flawlessly - I've done a defrag this morning as well :/

Well, not all applications are running flawlessy it seems to me.

This disturbs me, I have followed your threads and I am really wondering.

Rakrul is doing a good job helping you with a workaround, I wonder about the reason behind the fault.

When Battleye doesnt respond...its usually two things....either game froze/halt or network problems.

Could you test to ping bistudio.com use the following command.

ping bistudio.com -l 0

Start > run > cmd

-l stands for buffert size, try 0 to 10...do you get time out ?

When you tried reconnecting, did you replace the dll first? You might have a two-headed troll on your hand. My old "replace dll everytime" and a router with limited simultaneous connections. A couple of additional things - are you running any torrent software on any of the PCs in your network? Are you running wireless or cable? If wireless can you try cable? If cable can you try to update the driver?

You know what? I totally forgot to give that a try. Is getting stuck on the loading screen just a random error? Or is there something I need to do to prevent/stop that happening?

Well, not all applications are running flawlessy it seems to me.

This disturbs me, I have followed your threads and I am really wondering.

Rakrul is doing a good job helping you with a workaround, I wonder about the reason behind the fault.

When Battleye doesnt respond...its usually two things....either game froze/halt or network problems.

Could you test to ping bistudio.com use the following command.

ping bistudio.com -l 0

Start > run > cmd

-l stands for buffert size, try 0 to 10...do you get time out ?

Trying to do this, but I must be doing it wrong? Whatever I try variation wise with the command I get "Bad parameter "1"" or whatever number I put in there?

Ah got it, and yupp - seems fine.

Minimum = 81MS, Maximum = 292MS

0% Packet loss, 4 Packets sent and 4 received.

Good, a bit high ping, but no dropping of small packets of your router.

I would still once try to bypass the router, to see if any difference.

Do you have a AV application in the background?

Does the AV have any rules settings?

Can you set it into " game mode " ?

Duck knows,,,try running ArmAII/ CO in vanilla without any Mods or beta's and connect to a server running a clean game (green light).

STEAM ?

verify integrity of game cache.

BE has been updating quite a bit these last few days, btw.

Try connecting to a server but waiting in the lobby until you see the message telling you that Battleye is updated to 1.175 which is the latest version and then join into the game, one of our players had this issue and it was because he did not wait for it to update properly before starting to play. Might not be the problem your having but worth a try.

This.

Good, a bit high ping, but no dropping of small packets of your router.

I would still once try to bypass the router, to see if any difference.

Do you have a AV application in the background?

Does the AV have any rules settings?

Can you set it into " game mode " ?

Did you mean AVG? Checked and can't see a Game Mode there, I will try turning it off with WIndows Firewall and see what happens.

As for verifying, it is one of the many things I have tried unfortunately :'(

ok,

Have you tried what I suggested before, close all other applications such as Six or Commander, even Steam. Any difference?

What server are trying to connect to?

ok,

Have you tried what I suggested before, close all other applications such as Six or Commander, even Steam. Any difference?

What server are trying to connect to?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I get home and see what results I get.

As for the server, it happens on all servers sadly.

When you say close everything, do you mean just launch normally (without selecting a server), then alt tab out and close everything including steam?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I get home and see what results I get.

As for the server, it happens on all servers sadly.

When you say close everything, do you mean just launch normally (without selecting a server), then alt tab out and close everything including steam?

Yes.

You know what? I totally forgot to give that a try. Is getting stuck on the loading screen just a random error? Or is there something I need to do to prevent/stop that happening?

This usually happens when the server kicks you since BE isn't replying while you're loading and the client never realize that it has been kicked.

One more thing. I had this happen to me again last night, after I had downloaded something with uTorrent. I have a cap on connections set to 200 in uTorrent, but checking my router I had 1600 connections. I quit uTorrent, waited a couple of minutes until it was halved and tried again with no problems which is a bit weird since the router should have no trouble handling 2000 connections per host. It might have been random or it might not. :) Anyways, if you have torrent running on any PC in your network, try closing it down.

Edited by Rakrul

Hey guys, I received a message from "Fixitup" that has finally seemed to have fixed my problem.

This for anyone having the issue. Download it. Run it as admin.

And enjoy (not being kicked by BattlEye)

Unfortunately I am now getting stuck on the last loading screen, but I'm hoping the fix for this is very straight forward.

Edited by 89ShadowUK

Hey guys, I received a message from "Fixitup" that has finally seemed to have fixed my problem.

xxxxxxxxx

This for anyone having the issue. Download it. Run it as admin.

And enjoy (not being kicked by BattlEye)

Unfortunately I am now getting stuck on the last loading screen, but I'm hoping the fix for this is very straight forward.

Dont download that!

Edited by Drogur

what why!?

You have likely just had your cd key stolen. Do not trust random programs from strangers regardless of what they tell you it is.

Edited by smasht_AU