Lopine

PVE Server

Whould you like a PVE Server?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Whould you like to have the option to play on a PVE only server?

Maybe you should step your game up instead of crying like a bitch? You can survive without killing or being killed by remaining hidden. I do a loot run of Cherno or Elektro for basic gear every single life and 90% of the time I leave unharmed with 0 murders...

This would kill the game, the reason Rocket didn't want singleplayer missions to be made is exactly because there would be no other survivors to shoot you.

it would not kill the game it would be good for people who do not like pvp. i think singleplayer would be cool because there would be no hackers no snipers you can just playon your own or with your friends and be bandits and fight eachother andg= get loot

Some want PvP.

Some want NO PvP.

i want i want i want whaahhh whaahhh.

Grow up and accept the fact that to please the majority of the players a balance needs to be achieved.

To increase sales for when the stand alone is released, the game needs to appeal to everyone.

So i say YES, let there be a PvP & a NO PvP option, why not?

have them as seperate Official Hives.

Somedays i like to play the good guy & somedays the bad guy. Having the option to play both would be great,

Currently i can only play the bad guy on private hives due to private hives not saving humanity.

On the official Hive my humanity is topping over +35,000, i love the hero skin so much i wont even pick up camo or ghilli clothes.

My wish for the stand alone is that the zombies are so beefed up that surviving just them alone is dam near impossible,

As it stands right now, zombies are weak as piss & the only threat in the world of DayZ are other players, and that makes me sad, i really thought this game was gonna be a realistic zombie apocolypse simulation where it was more likely players would jump at the chance to team up when meet another survivor, NOT shoot on sight.

So how has it turned out? for most? run forest run, go solo, be lonely, shoot anyone you see, what a lonely & boring life that must be, id much rather make new freinds, create alliences, trade equipment, build bases and repair vehicles, but for that to work, the zombies need to be beefed up.

• Like 1

Too much coop in ArmA 2 already. DayZ is one of the last modes that encourage PvP. It should stay that way. But sometimes it really is too much PvP and not enough cooperation.

I will never understand why people against something that don´t affected to them. If you want PVP, play on a PVP server with PVP Hive, if you want noPVP then play on a Server with noPVP Hive.

Why always let people they Hobbydictator out?

Like "I want PVP and because i want it, then nobody on earth have the right to play it in a other way!"

• Like 1

I will never understand why people against something that don´t affected to them. If you want PVP, play on a PVP server with PVP Hive, if you want noPVP then play on a Server with noPVP Hive.

Why always let people they Hobbydictator out?

Like "I want PVP and because i want it, then nobody on earth have the right to play it in a other way!"

The problem is PvE players demand an environment for them in a game that is designed with PvP as part of it. Just play some SP only title and unplug your internet cable just to be sure no pk shows up if you want to PvE, i do the same, but i keep the cable attached. It would be a reasonable demand if this game was designed for PvE coop and pk would be running around to grief others.

Edited by Enforcer

Some want PvP.

Some want NO PvP.

Grow up and accept the fact that to please the majority of the players a balance needs to be achieved.

To increase sales for when the stand alone is released, the game needs to appeal to everyone.

Lol, this is not a democracy. The game doesn't need to appeal to everyone as BI is not a money grabbing publisher. It just needs to appeal to the audience who like the dayz for what it is.

You are the one playing the wrong game, there are PVE only games with zombie survival theme(Dead island,left4dead).

Actually it's more like: "I (1% dayz players) don't want PVP, so make me PVE only servers."

Edited by Hawc

I think both Private and Public Hives/Servers should have their own choice on weather they want PvP or PvE. We all know, the PvP servers would have the least love and player count, I know.. but oh well. It wouldn't hurt the game.. and eventually people might eve get bored with PvE.. so the only way to find out is too allow the two to co-exist and see where it goes.

I think both Private and Public Hives/Servers should have their own choice on weather they want PvP or PvE. We all know, the PvP servers would have the least love and player count, I know.. but oh well. It wouldn't hurt the game.. and eventually people might eve get bored with PvE.. so the only way to find out is too allow the two to co-exist and see where it goes.

PvE is soo boring, i stopped playing domi a long time ago although it was with A.C.E. and the community was really good. But without PvP it's the same cycle every time. They tested how a pvp domi would work...you could see how a player was moving how often they PvE'd, just walking straight, never looking left or right.

PvP is a must in this mod, PvE would be just the same routine every single time. With PvP you never know what's gonna happen. That's whats making the spirit of DayZ, expect the unexpected. If your problem is that your always getting killed, be more careful and learn by every time you do get killed. There will be a day where you would like to PvP because you will see that all you do is the same routine without it.

Edited by ZeroXiz

PvP is a must in this mod, PvE would be just the same routine every single time. With PvP you never know what's gonna happen. That's whats making the spirit of DayZ, expect the unexpected. If your problem is that your always getting killed, be more careful and learn by every time you do get killed. There will be a day where you would like to PvP because you will see that all you do is the same routine without it.

yeah never know whats gonna happen...........................*sniped in elektro for 50th time* yep this is getin borin i wanna have PVE where i can join other survivors instead of gettin head blown off every 5 seconds

@Enforcer & ZeroXiz

I am a pvp player but i dont kill people just for fun. For me it is a social thing.

I am open minded and i can understand that for many players it is boring to get shot all the time for no reason, just for trolling.

So for me there is no Problem that they can join servers without pvp. It makes no different for my Gameplay.

The only thing that must be done is seperate Hives.

And for beginner the nopvp servers can be a good thing to find they way into this game.

Live and let live....if there want nopvp then let them have it!

If this helps Rocket to sell more copies then it is a good thing. ;)

Why the hell would you buy a game that has features you don't like? Is this for real or what?

People who like racing games won't buy dayz standalone just so they can race with cars and complain about racing only servers.

Try a mod called Chernarus apocalypse for arma2. It's a SP/COOP zombie survival. Also try dead island,left4dead.

I enjoy DayZ and i want to play it but i dont enjoy the peopel who keep killing me all the time for no damn reason what so ever.

Are you people seriously retarded? With the creation of the Private Hive, no one is stopping anyone from making a freakin PvE Server. So what the hell is your problem?

Edited by James Ashwood
  • Like 1

Some want PvP.

Some want NO PvP.

So i say YES, let there be a PvP & a NO PvP option, why not?

have them as seperate Official Hives.

Somedays i like to play the good guy & somedays the bad guy. Having the option to play both would be great,

Currently i can only play the bad guy on private hives due to private hives not saving humanity.

On the official Hive my humanity is topping over +35,000, i love the hero skin so much i wont even pick up camo or ghilli clothes.

My wish for the stand alone is that the zombies are so beefed up that surviving just them alone is dam near impossible,

As it stands right now, zombies are weak as piss & the only threat in the world of DayZ are other players, and that makes me sad, i really thought this game was gonna be a realistic zombie apocolypse simulation where it was more likely players would jump at the chance to team up when meet another survivor, NOT shoot on sight.

So how has it turned out? for most? run forest run, go solo, be lonely, shoot anyone you see, what a lonely & boring life that must be, id much rather make new freinds, create alliences, trade equipment, build bases and repair vehicles, but for that to work, the zombies need to be beefed up.

I dont mean to be rude when i say this but this is probebly the first most inteligent comment on this forum topic. And yes i agree with you. And i know alot of the time alot of peopel seam to want a bigger chalenge and to reall test them selfs and there skill. And right now everybody is shooting everybody on sight reguardles of thay are new spawns or not. And there is no reason thay shouldent. Even if thay did thay just go back at it next life. And im honestly sick and tierd of geting killed all the time for no damn reason what so ever. I just want to enjoy the damn game, get my gear and survive best i can without getting killed all the time for no reason. I shouldent have to hack the game to actualy be able to enjoy the damn game. And imho having two types of "hives" one for PVP and one for PVE whould give players the option to just enjoy the game OR play the more chalenging version in PVP. A PVE server could also be a good way to learn the game, the weapons, whare the gear spawn and so on without the geting killed every damn time.

Are you people seriously retarded? With the creation of the Private Hive, no one is stopping anyone from making a freakin PvE Server. So what the hell is your problem?

I know, but if i make a private server can i still get the updates? Because the way i know and i might be wrong is that i make a copy of the game the way it is now and run that as a private thing.

Or how do that part work? Anyway i have like 3 houers and 40 min free time so i will investigate the private server thing this weekend when i have time for it.

The Private Hive's are frequently updated, might take a while once a new update come out for it to reach private hives but just a few days at maximum.

Edited by James Ashwood

I want to play DayZ and i want to enjoy it and to just have a good time and i whould actualy like to get a chanse to actualy play and enjoy the damn game

without being killed for the 80th time buy some damn bandit and player like them thay just run around killing peopel for no damn reason all the time.

Right now i dont get the chanse to enjoy the game because the damn bandits and hackers. And i feel that i shouldent have to hack the game and make

a private server to actualy get a chanse to enjoy the game. I want the updates and i like geting updates for my games hacking and makin a private server or downloading

stuff that i shouldent isent fun.

And a PVE server could be as a "traning server" for new players wanting to play the game and get to know the game on more friendlier terms.

That in tern whould make intergating new players into the world of DayZ alot beter and whouldent scare so many peopel of.

Because right new players are probebly scared of from this game sins it is very hardcore and very puneshing when it comes to permadeath and start from scratch.

You know that it is impossible to stop people act like they want, because there is no option that turns the PVP off.

So you can make private Hive with a server that says "no pvp" but it means nothing.

btw. i dont like the sound...u better watch the way you write.

So let the people have a option for standalone for nopvp gaming seperatet from pvp hive.

Edited by DaGolem

You know that it is impossible to stop people act like they want, because there is no option that turns the PVP off.

So you can make private Hive with a server that says "no pvp" but it means nothing.

btw. i dont like the sound...u better watch the way you write.

So let the people have a option for standalone for nopvp gaming seperatet from pvp hive.

It can't be that hard to make a script that prevents player vs player damage. If you can't do it yourself, find someone who can. Why not contact the developers of the private hives and ask for such a feature? Rocket is certainly not going to add it, he said so himself.

This is a PVP game the key word is PVP, this is like asking DICE to add no PVP servers on BF

This is a PVP game the key word is PVP, this is like asking DICE to add no PVP servers on BF

Thing is.. it's not a PvP game. But neither should it become a pure PvE game. It's the combination of the two, and the freedom that comes with it that made DayZ so popular in the first place.

While I understand that some might not wish to engage in conflict, (I don't go looking for shootouts) everyone MUST be able to defend themselves! It's kinda the entire point.

Most players turned to KoS because they got shot early in their DayZ career. I enjoy the thrill of a firefight, but in my book, KoS players are taking the easy option, and ignoring the greater possibilities.

It's much more of a challenge to give medical aid to other players, and jump in to save a stranger from bandits if they're outgunned. It's the way I choose to play, same as everyone plays the way they choose.

Say, for example, I met a survivor with a broken leg, told him to hide, and went to find morphine and blood bags to help him. Some PvP nut jumps me in town....

Now this could go two ways, neither option will end with both of us alive.

If I get killed, what kind of win did the KoS bandit earn? One more guy sneaked in Cherno. wow. Big deal. Nothing to write home about.

But if I take this guy out and get back to fix the survivors leg? Mission accomplished, and that guy will be thankful. At least until he gets eaten by zombies or another player gets the better of him. But we'll both remember it, and it will have been an adventure!

Either way, with PvP disabled the whole thing becomes a pointless set of "fetch" missions, with zombies. The biggest threat to your life is stairs and doors, and I don't see the point.

Private hives can do what they like, and I'm fine with it, as long as they keep it to private hives.

If people want to buy standalone so they can sit up a hill with a rifle waiting for someone to walk into scope, it's their choice.

If someone wants to bandage up complete strangers, then vanish into the shadows, it's their choice.

If you want to run around and stock up on gear peacefully for endless hours, it's your choice.

But EVERYONE will be playing their own way, and you should learn to deal with it like everyone else has.

tl:dr - DayZ : It's your story.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 3

Btw "player interaction" is NOT shooting. Interacting is when you talk, trade and that social stuff that to me is interacting with somebody. And everybody is to busy shooting peopel on sight to really bother with anything.