Lopine

PVE Server

Whould you like a PVE Server?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Whould you like to have the option to play on a PVE only server?

Not true. Player interaction, is any action made possible by the presence of other players.

The fact that everyone shoots eachother is more because they lack either empathy, or social skills.

Player interaction and Shoot on sight are not the same thing, but killing other players is an interaction. Just not the one I would promote.

Pure PvPers are just either too lazy or ignorant. Doesn't bother me.

What I'm trying to tell you is, just because you are friendly, doesn't mean you're not susceptible to PvP. It's part of the game, and the only part some people care about.

And these people will soon get bored, because they've ignored the majority of available gameplay.

The majority said: "no"

Faith in Day Z players restored.

• Like 3

Not true. Player interaction, is any action made possible by the presence of other players.

The fact that everyone shoots eachother is more because they lack either empathy, or social skills.

Player interaction and Shoot on sight are not the same thing, but killing other players is an interaction. Just not the one I would promote.

Pure PvPers are just either too lazy or ignorant. Doesn't bother me.

What I'm trying to tell you is, just because you are friendly, doesn't mean you're not susceptible to PvP. It's part of the game, and the only part some people care about.

And these people will soon get bored, because they've ignored the majority of available gameplay.

I will have to agree euthanized you. And I think I will have to say all of the above mentioned about pure pvpers. I think Thayer make a goin game really boring. Bad I hope the pure pvpers go away or atleast back of with all the bandit duschbagery of killing everything and anything that moves just because they lack social skills imo.

but still, for those who wish to play on peaceful pve server, that like to coop, explore or just enjoy in this awesome game, you can check this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/106378-ukeuropean-private-server-dayztaviana-pve-only/ for now, it is taviana, but this is basicly made for standalone so it will shine when standalone comes out. everyone who want peace and are behaving, can join

Thing is.. it's not a PvP game. But neither should it become a pure PvE game. It's the combination of the two, and the freedom that comes with it that made DayZ so popular in the first place.

While I understand that some might not wish to engage in conflict, (I don't go looking for shootouts) everyone MUST be able to defend themselves! It's kinda the entire point.

Most players turned to KoS because they got shot early in their DayZ career. I enjoy the thrill of a firefight, but in my book, KoS players are taking the easy option, and ignoring the greater possibilities.

It's much more of a challenge to give medical aid to other players, and jump in to save a stranger from bandits if they're outgunned. It's the way I choose to play, same as everyone plays the way they choose.

Say, for example, I met a survivor with a broken leg, told him to hide, and went to find morphine and blood bags to help him. Some PvP nut jumps me in town....

Now this could go two ways, neither option will end with both of us alive.

If I get killed, what kind of win did the KoS bandit earn? One more guy sneaked in Cherno. wow. Big deal. Nothing to write home about.

But if I take this guy out and get back to fix the survivors leg? Mission accomplished, and that guy will be thankful. At least until he gets eaten by zombies or another player gets the better of him. But we'll both remember it, and it will have been an adventure!

Either way, with PvP disabled the whole thing becomes a pointless set of "fetch" missions, with zombies. The biggest threat to your life is stairs and doors, and I don't see the point.

Private hives can do what they like, and I'm fine with it, as long as they keep it to private hives.

If people want to buy standalone so they can sit up a hill with a rifle waiting for someone to walk into scope, it's their choice.

If someone wants to bandage up complete strangers, then vanish into the shadows, it's their choice.

If you want to run around and stock up on gear peacefully for endless hours, it's your choice.

But EVERYONE will be playing their own way, and you should learn to deal with it like everyone else has.

tl:dr - DayZ : It's your story.

Boom, headshot.

Thanks for this, man.

Either way, with PvP disabled the whole thing becomes a pointless set of "fetch" missions, with zombies. The biggest threat to your life is stairs and doors, and I don't see the point.

Private hives can do what they like, and I'm fine with it, as long as they keep it to private hives.

^This.

A server without PVP would be yawn-inducing. I don't see the point of that, in this game. There's no danger from zombies.

You know that it is impossible to stop people act like they want, because there is no option that turns the PVP off.

So you can make private Hive with a server that says "no pvp" but it means nothing.

It is enough to know that most people on server will not kill on sight. I play now PvE server and sometimes some noob will kill somone but most of time players are firendly.

When i want play PvP i play BF3. In DayZ i like to wander, help some survivors kill zombies on NFAW or run with bloodbag to help some poor guy.

PVP is what makes the game. What the players decide to do is up to them. Personally I (rarely) shoot on site. I'll try and communicate and be nice. If they decide not to be nice, then I usually have friends close by who will issue sweet revenge on my behalf..

I never shoot on sight. I usually keep out of others players way because I usually die. Saying that, I'm struggling to see what there is to do in a "no pvp" server. Seriously, how long can you play just killing zombies and collecting loot?

If you're "tierd of playing a game whare i have to shoot everything on sight", then DayZ is probably not for you. DayZ is about dying. You will die on every character every time. There is not a character that doesn't die, especially if they don't have the will to end the virtual lives of dangerous people.

I enjoy DayZ and i want to play it but i dont enjoy the peopel who keep killing me all the time for no damn reason what so ever.

May I recommend Harvest Moon as a spiffy alternative, good sir?