Sign in to follow this  
sostronk

I wish vehicles were saved to character instead of server

I kinda wish this or some other method to prevent griefing whilst afk. I was considering taking some time away from searching out and killing anyone I see and burying their body so nobody can take their loot. But whats the point. Ill spend hours collecting the gear and repairing it. Have a good nights sleep and then reconnect to the server tomorrow and someone will have stolen and/or destroyed it already. I guess Ill just go back to coast camping since everything else will just be a waste of my time.

yeah tell that to the hackers with navigator on, they just run up and take your shit , you cant hide anything in dayz at the moment.

I HOPE!, that when we get to build under ground bases, the one of the rooms we can build is a garage and we can park our cars inside our underground bases, lock the door, get now now hacking little bitches.

• Like 1

He's saying this because with the high chance of someone getting on the server and using a script to find the vehicle, there's no point in trying to hide something that takes effort to fix.

The bigger problem is probably the hackers who can see them. Its impossible to hide something when there are alot of people who can see everything. Ive hid vehicles pretty much all over the map, they always get found and don't last long. Im sure there is going to be ESP hackers in the standalone too. I really don't think there is a long or short term fix for it beyond saving stuff and taking it offline when your not online. One of the reasons WarZ has me interested is because they have an area where you can save stuff that can't be touched by other players. I want this game to have something similar otherwise its really limiting the reasonable options I have in the game and probably a major reason all I do is PvP these days.

EDIT: With battle Eye working on blocking all these scripts I think the likes of ESP and No recoil type hacks, that don't require scripting, will become a larger problem.

Edited by sostronk

But, what if i found a heli in a server, my friend found one in another server, his friend found one in another server etc etc etc and we all went into one server? there would be 15+ helis in one server :P

How i think it should work is if you have a vehicle that hasn't been repaired on another server yet, or even acknowledged it should delete that car OFF the server and have your one replace it (where you have it obviously)

But, what if i found a heli in a server, my friend found one in another server, his friend found one in another server etc etc etc and we all went into one server? there would be 15+ helis in one server :P

How i think it should work is if you have a vehicle that hasn't been repaired on another server yet, or even acknowledged it should delete that car OFF the server and have your one replace it (where you have it obviously)

If you all had helis then you are obliged under Dayz law to fly in formation while playing ride of the valkyries

• Like 1

If you all had helis then you are obliged under Dayz law to fly in formation while playing ride of the valkyries

NEVER!

Nah they just need to stop hackers. I fixed a bus last night and it is really slow off road, can't hide it anywhere. Wish I could park it in a building.

Nah they just need to stop hackers.

It will NEVER EVER happen. They will catch some, but there will always be alot of hackers in this game. Im expecting ESP to be the number 1 problem in this game come standalone.

the only solution is to implement car keys, if you have a key it goes into your tool belt and allows you to drive a specific car, they then give each spawned car a unique iD liked to the Key on the player, only that player will then be able to drive the car ..

if that player is then killed and another player gets his key, he can then drive the car, or if he dies and despawns then the key would respawn inside the car.

Hackers would no longer be able to just take your car, without first killing everything on the server and that in itself would show they were on the server and get logged, they would get banned..

we need keys.. badly.

Removing scarcity and allowing complete safety of possessions is not DayZ. Unfortunately I think tying the vehicle to the player and introducing car keys would decrease risk of loss so much that it would have severe consequences on the experiential quality of the game. I hate losing vehicles and other loot, but it's part of what makes the game so intense.

Besides anyone who plays on a server without many scripting attacks knows that holding a vehicle is a lot easier once that variable is removed.

It's fine the way it is. It's somewhat realistic that way. Anyone with the knowledge can walk up to a vehicle, get it started and drive it away, key or not. It's like saying locking my car will prevent people from breaking into it, hahahahahaha.

In a real apocalypse people will kill each other over vehicles and take them whenever and wherever they can find them. This is an apocalypse survival game, you gain some and lose some, that's life. It seems a lot of people don't understand the purpose of the game. Your goal is not to get the best equipment and vehicles and keep them for the rest of your life, it's about surviving as long as possible. As I've said before that includes losing, abandoning, giving up on something to save your life.

We've had several vehicles on our home server for weeks now, UAZ and pick-up among them, only once has someone found one. It was pure coincidence that we noticed it too. We were driving in another vehicle at that point and noticed the UAZ that should have been parked up north. We got it back though, lost a pick-up in the process, found a dirt bike afterwards.

Sick and tired of those who want it easy and not have anyone touch their precious whatever it is.

PS: Could you imagine the crying by people like the OP if let's say 10-15 different people ended up on one server with their choppahs cos, you know, you wanna take the stuff across servers. Oh the horrors.

Why do people think any kind of safety measure like keys would work? Why would a hacker need a car when they can just spawn any vehicle they please? Hell, some people teleport to vehicles and wreck them just for fun, why would they waste their time looking for something when they can just make it?

Sick and tired of those who want it easy and not have anyone touch their precious whatever it is.

Its not about wanting it easy. I don't want to be griefed by hackers whilst Im not online to protect myself. The way I see it, when Im offline, im asleep or resting in game. I would rest or sleep near my vehicle. I would see/hear someone trying to steal my vehicle. Someone would die. I can't do that when Im not logged in. There is a difference between something being easy and having to be logged in 24 hours a day 7 days a week to protect my shit from hackers.

I don't know if a vehicle would work so well.. Bike maybe.. If you had the tools to take it apart and put it in your pack.

I don't know if a vehicle would work so well.. Bike maybe.. If you had the tools to take it apart and put it in your pack.

ill put you in my backpack like a baby kangaroo

• Like 1

ill put you in my backpack like a baby kangaroo

I'll put up a machine gun bipod and shoot while you run me around.

Its not about wanting it easy. I don't want to be griefed by hackers whilst Im not online to protect myself. The way I see it, when Im offline, im asleep or resting in game. I would rest or sleep near my vehicle. I would see/hear someone trying to steal my vehicle. Someone would die. I can't do that when Im not logged in. There is a difference between something being easy and having to be logged in 24 hours a day 7 days a week to protect my shit from hackers.

Not sure why you are so obsessed with hackers, the average player can take your precious items as well. It's really not rocket science. I'm not logged on 24 hours a day but kept an UAZ and a Pick-up for a good three weeks, I still have another Pick-up, I still have an ATV. Maybe you're just not good at hiding your precious.

And no, you would not necessarily hear or see someone (talking average player here) trying to steal your vehicle. You might be dead long before they even get near the vehicle.

I'll put up a machine gun bipod and shoot while you run me around.

I think were on to something post it in the ideas threads

the only solution is to implement car keys, if you have a key it goes into your tool belt and allows you to drive a specific car, they then give each spawned car a unique iD liked to the Key on the player, only that player will then be able to drive the car ..

if that player is then killed and another player gets his key, he can then drive the car, or if he dies and despawns then the key would respawn inside the car.

Hackers would no longer be able to just take your car, without first killing everything on the server and that in itself would show they were on the server and get logged, they would get banned..

we need keys.. badly.

It might help. But at the same time Ive noticed one thing that won't be stopped by it. What I used to do before giving up on vehicles was to shoot out the wheels before logging out. I kept and collected spare wheels and kept them in my pack before logging out. Problem was, players would find the vehicles and when they realize they couldn't drive them they would destroy them. Whilst keys would resolve the issue with players stealing vehicles easily and save me from having to shoot out my tyres, it wouldn't resolve the hackers who are griefing players by destroying their vehicles. Its the same issue in the end. I can't protect myself whilst Im not online. If this is a real simulator, when Im offline I would be resting or sleeping near or in my vehicle and theft would result in the death of either me or them.

Edited by sostronk