AndyTheBomb

Should they disable spawning in kamenka?

145 members have voted

1. 1. Should they disable spawning in and around kamenka?

At this point all that hapens when you spawn in Kamenka is you run into town and let yourself get eaten by zed.

I dont see the point in having it as a spawn option. Kamenka has practicly no loot and its ar away from everywhere.

Edited by AndyTheBomb

Who's "we"? You mean "They"? Because, I can tell you right now, untill the standalone is in Alpha, jack shit is going to be update in DayZ. They've seen the money, now they need to get it.

• Like 1

Who's "we"? You mean "They"? Because, I can tell you right now, untill the standalone is in Alpha, jack shit is going to be update in DayZ. They've seen the money, now they need to get it.

changed to "they"

Happy Mr Grumpy Butt?

No. Stupid idea.

I would prefer a Kamenka spawn over anything else if I'm playing in a moderate-high population server, and here's why:

1. There are three bicycle spawns between Kamenka and Komoravo. There's a big possibility of getting them as no one looks there.

2. On the way to Zelenogorsk, there are 8 deerstands. 8. 3 barns as well.

3. There is a supermarket at Zelenogorsk, as well as 2 bicycle spawns.

4. It's an easy and safer path to the NWAF from Zelenogorsk. You don't even need a map.

5. On the way to the NWAF, you're most likely going to get a crashed heli.

6. You'll be there before most as you've got a bike.

Believe me, if everyone started out completely fresh [let's say a complete HIVE wipe], then the smartest players would be those who take this route. It's far safer and far easier. God bless Kamenka.

If we ever have a HIVE wipe, then I'm getting a Kamenka spawn. I'll be the first to get a bike. The first to get an AK or some rifle similar to that. The first to get a car--I'll fix up the offroad that sits at Zelenogorsk. It'll be far safer because no one comes here. I'll be the first with an AS50, NVGs, Ghillie suit and the wonderful M14 AIM from a crashed heli. I'll be the one who dominates the NWAF.

That being said, I think I might draw up a loot route.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 21

No. Stupid idea.

I would prefer a Kamenka spawn over anything else if I'm playing in a moderate-high population server, and here's why:

1. There are three bicycle spawns between Kamenka and Komoravo. There's a big possibility of getting them as no one looks there.

2. On the way to Zelenogorsk, there are 6 deer stands. 6.

4. It's an easy and safer path to the NWAF from Zelenogorsk. You don't even need a map.

1. 3 bikes that don't respawn and get stashed by the first three people who spawn in Kamenka.... ya right. I'm sure those haven't been grabbed and saved in the weeks since the last patch.

2 You mean the deer stands that aren't spawning good loot any more.

3 Yay food and a winy! see 1.

4 You assume we all want to go to the NW airfield

5 ...

6 We all don't line up and start playing when you do. there are going to be people at the airfield before you get there and if not then they are going to port in via server hoping. also see 1.

I would say most of us dont want to just sprint upto the airfild upon our death (unless thats were you died), most of us want to get back and find our friends and normaly they arnt hanging out anywere near kamenka.

No. Stupid idea.

2. On the way to Zelenogorsk, there are 8 deerstands. 8. 3 barns as well.

I was just about to write pretty much everything you said until I discovered your post. Saved me a lot of time fellow Bean hunter! :)

Here, take some of mine :beans:

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 3

1. 3 bikes that don't respawn and get stashed by the first three people who spawn in Kamenka.... ya right. I'm sure those haven't been grabbed and saved in the weeks since the last patch.

2 You mean the deer stands that aren't spawning good loot any more.

3 Yay food and a winy! see 1.

4 You assume we all want to go to the NW airfield

5 ...

6 We all don't line up and start playing when you do. there are going to be people at the airfield before you get there and if not then they are going to port in via server hoping. also see 1.

I would say most of us dont want to just sprint upto the airfild upon our death (unless thats were you died), most of us want to get back and find our friends and normaly they arnt hanging out anywere near kamenka.

I'm talking about a complete HIVE wipe. Thus Kamenka is ultimately one of the best spawns.

Deerstands still spawn good loot. I've seen a DMR and coyote backpack in one deerstands, then an M14 in the following one.

ALSO, there is more than just 'food and winy' at a supermarket. You'd have to be a fucking moron to think otherwise. Maps, backpacks, compasses, watches, weapons...etc.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

Kamenka is one of the best spawns in the game

10+ deer stands taking you by 5 bike spawns ending at zelenogorsk that has a couple vehicle spawns and a super market

Wilderness spawn near debug should be removed

• Like 2

I don't see why people get angry and run to the nearest town when they spawn in Kamenka, there is a ton of stuff you can loot from deer stands and a load of vehicle spawns and if you spawn there you have an almost direct route to the NorthWest Airfield with little trouble getting there. :)

At this point all that hapens when you spawn in Kamenka is you run into town and let yourself get eaten by zed.

I dont see the point in having it as a spawn option. Kamenka has practicly no loot and its ar away from everywhere.

LOL did you actually say it's a useless spawn? Kamenka is close to one of the safest areas to get geared up ( Zelenogorsk ) and have a good area to move towards east. Only an idiot would not want to spawn there and rather get shot at Chernogorsk or Electro when they spawn close to these PVP death zones, the risk loot ratio there is way off compared to Zelenogorsk. I mostly graze the outskirts and try to get the hell out if i spawn there or even just head north into the woods.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Yep kamenka all the way, plus there are sometimes camps in the hills near the edge of the map there.

Dude, some spawns are bound to better than other spawns. Even if Kamenka was the worst spawn in the entire game, and I'm not saying it is because I like Kamenka, there'd be absolutely no reason to remove it. Sure, people complain that they think it's a crappy spawn, but they need to get over it. Either curse your fate and jump off a bridge, or suck it up and power on through like the rest of us do when we go to a spawn we don't like.

Just because you feel slightly inconvenienced doesn't mean the game has to bend over backwards for you every time you feel the need to hop onto an internet forum and complain.

• Like 1

Kamenka and Solnichy are the best spawns in the game. Your problem is that all you want to do is run to cherno or elektro for easy loot. In kamenka or solnichy, you are actually closer to a main city than if you run to cherno/elektro. Head north from either and you reach a much safer place to gear up. Zelenogorsk/Berenzino.

• Like 3

I guess myself and the multiple corpses at kamenka bridge are the only people who agree with OP. I only take spawns within reasonable distance to Cherno or Elektro. I can loot up off corpses and get some of the best gear in the game in no time. If I die by someone killing a fresh spawn then I don't mind so much because I did not invest a shit load of time. I have not even been to the NWAF in ages since the overload of hackers. This is me playing solo, I am sure if I was grouping I would be exploring the map for vehicles and stuff.

Kamenka is the best possible spawn in the game for good loot.

There are 2 routes you can take.

1. Kamenka>Komarovo>Balota>Cherno>Prig>Elektro and you can even go as far as following the coast up to berezino

2. Kamenka>Pavlovo>Zelenogorsk>Pustoshka>Vybor>NWAF

Both will get you enough supplies and mid-high tier weapons to last you a long time, and it's enjoyable doing it.

Sadly, this game has turned into: Get to elektro or cherno, kill a sniper, take his AS50, kill people with it and start again.

It's not close enough to elektro WAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Like 3

Kamenka is a difficult spawn for new players. Its a really good spawn when you have been playing the game for a while.

• Like 2

Number of No answers is almost three times the number of Yes answers. Seems like the Kamenka Komplainers are members of a rather vocal minority.

• Like 1

Kamenka is a difficult spawn for new players. Its a really good spawn when you have been playing the game for a while.

You make a very valid point there mr Sheen. People have tried to raise awareness on kamenka, but its only a matter of time before it sinks to the bottom of the forum topic list and a new guy pops up and says it sucks.

I'm way on the other side of this one, I think that dying should be a bigger inconvenience, not a smaller one. People count the time it takes to regroup with their buddies to score a duped pack or hit up their corpse to re-arm as part of the "respawn timer" of DayZ, and they can't play the game they like until they've got that AS50/L85/M4 CCO SD/Ghillie/whatever their "loadout" consists of, so they whine about having to run farther and risk the corpse vanishing or their clan racking up too many headshots without them. Bah, I say. Dying should carry a 24-hour server ban, so killing one douche would cause all his douche buddies to go somewhere else to play with him.

I'm way on the other side of this one, I think that dying should be a bigger inconvenience, not a smaller one. People count the time it takes to regroup with their buddies to score a duped pack or hit up their corpse to re-arm as part of the "respawn timer" of DayZ, and they can't play the game they like until they've got that AS50/L85/M4 CCO SD/Ghillie/whatever their "loadout" consists of, so they whine about having to run farther and risk the corpse vanishing or their clan racking up too many headshots without them. Bah, I say. Dying should carry a 24-hour server ban, so killing one douche would cause all his douche buddies to go somewhere else to play with him.

24 hour ban...what a silly idea, no offense. What about if you die from bugs?

Sometimes it annoys me, but It's not really that far from good spots. I ran past all the towns to Cherno in about 30 minutes.

Edited by Sutinen