Sign in to follow this  
DerrocK (DayZ)

More weapon models

Aren't u tired to see the same guns all the time? Lee enfield, winchester, AKM, the only 6 secondary weapons available and a very short etc?

I suggest to add a wide amount of weapons so that it is rare to find a gun like yours and I mean adding more weapons, here is the list I propose:

Since this is a soviet environment (russia) I suggest to add more russian weapons.

Examples of Pistols

MP-443

MP-412 rex

Tokarev

TSM

OTs 38

VAG-73

Examples of shotguns

Saiga 12

MTs-255

Examples of SMGs

PPsh-41

PP-90

PP-2000

A-91

Examples of battle rifles

Mosin nagant

SVT-40 Tokarev

SKS 45/simonov

Examples of sniper rifles

SV-98

SVU

VSS vintorez

Examples of Assault rifles

AEK 971

AN-94 Abakan

Fedorov Avtomat (please 1st assault rifle in the world)

What about the more modern AK rifles? AK-101, 103 etc

AS VAL

OC-14 Groza 4

Examples of light machineguns

PKP Pechneg

RPD

RPK

Please reconsider adding some of these weapons.

Edited by DerrocK
  • Like 2

1. sturmgewehr was first assault rifle in the world

2. sagia 12 is already in game, as well is the VSS Vintorez, and PKM,PKP, and RPD

3. why are all of these RUSSIAN/UKRAINIAN GUNS >:U

Edited by tigerww2

1. sturmgewehr was first assault rifle in the world

2. sagia 12 is already in game, as well is the VSS Vintorez, and PKM,PKP, and RPD

1-sturmgewehr wasnt the 1st assault rifle in the world, fedorov avtomat was created in 1915! sturmgewehr in 1940's

2-Those weapons may be in Arma 2 but not in DayZ mod

3- Because chernarus is a post soviet environment (russia-ukraine) and yes i could add a lot of more weapon suggestions like the thompson, the ruby pistol, the sturmgewehr u mentioned etc but i was suggesting only russian weaponry at the moment

Edited by DerrocK
  • Like 1

Honestly the focus of the game needs to shift towards more civilian grade weaponry and armaments, not militarized rifles and machine guns.

Also, please use the search function in the future, there are many threads with the same suggestions.

Though he is right, the Fedorov predates the Sturmgewehr.

• Like 2

well bar too then cuz it was before sturmgewehr and it was an auto rifle

the sturmgewehr was the first modernized assault rifle (large magazine and ergonomic)

Edited by tigerww2

Honestly the focus of the game needs to shift towards more civilian grade weaponry and armaments, not militarized rifles and machine guns.

Also, please use the search function in the future, there are many threads with the same suggestions.

Though he is right, the Fedorov predates the Sturmgewehr.

Yes I know there should be more civilian grade weaponry but atm the military grade weapons number is still very low, just, just think about the secondary firearms! about the assault rifles! you go to the cherno firehouse, pum 1 AKM, 1 G17, 1 AK kobra and dont forget the m1014...you go to a heli crash, pum 3 FN FAL, 1 bizon and a barret. you go to a deer stand, A DEER STAND and what do you get? AKM, DMR etc. You go to a barn or a rural house, what do you find? enfield, crossbow and double barreled, where is my ol ppsh 41? or my ol mosin nagant? this is what i mean...

i agree there needs more bolt action rifles like a Mosin Nagant or a Mauser 98 or something like Springfield

its not ww2 many mosin nagant rifles and other ww2 weapons would be very rare or be museums and new weapons would not really make the game any better

Good idea's but why would we need to have more pistols in the game, there is already a ton of sidearms/pistols.

Mosin nagants are fairly popular for hunting.

Also you took most of those from BF3, and fedorov avtomat was not an assault rifle, as assault rifles use short cartridges and not long rifle cartridges.

Good idea's but why would we need to have more pistols in the game, there is already a ton of sidearms/pistols.

lol funniest thing thing I heard today, since when 6 pistols are a lot?

BTW i didnt take these from BF3, take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_weaponry

Edited by DerrocK

You would need individual damage levels for each weapon for them to be unique rather than how it is currently. Otherwise no point in adding more weapons.

I'd love for the standalone to just be bigger and better in general, more variety in all kinds of loot. But the more weapons you add the more of a problem finding ammo becomes. Although I guess more scarce ammo supplies could be a good thing ?

Hmmm.. maybe cause its set in eastern europe ?? hahaa

More gun variety = more ammo to compete for loot spawns - ammo shortage?

Ammo shortage would be expected as those surviving when the infection started would potentially fire all the rounds they have before being bitten/eaten by the infected (no one would go down without a fight irl). Unless their weapon jams/misfires and they drop the weapon and don't use up the ammo on themselves.

And again the military grade weapons should be much rarer maybe 1% is the max chance to get for example an AKM and then there should be a old fashioned weapons and lower calibre rifles etc