Sign in to follow this  
Taiphoz

Arm the infected.

Ever considered instead of infected soldiers shooting at you, maybe you could just have plain old regular Chedaki or Chenarussians who are hostile..... would make more sense that they are trying to hold onto the airfield as their uninfected piece of heaven, and they do this by killing survivors who enter the base....

• Like 1

i AGREE with the different levels of infection for any given infected member but handling the weapons? I'm not really down with that.

Maybe the odd infected mil has a pistol or mp5 here and there...

In my oppoinion, if you want infected that will fire on you perhaps they more so would be NPC bots slightly infected.. I mean this in the sence that they still kinda come across as if they are running around like a player but now come to think of it i dont really even like my own solutions for what you suggested .. haha :D

Ever considered instead of infected soldiers shooting at you, maybe you could just have plain old regular Chedaki or Chenarussians who are hostile..... would make more sense that they are trying to hold onto the airfield as their uninfected piece of heaven, and they do this by killing survivors who enter the base....

this dudes idea is in the right direction i think

And I'm pointing out that this is several years after first outbreak. These soldiers are in an outbreak zone, and would have been infected quite nicely, a long time ago. If the virus spread and turned people slowly, civilization would not collapse. It is that simple. There would have been time to create an antidote, there would have been time for the military forces of the world to organize a suitable offensive, and we probably wouldn't be facing the survival game Rocket has so deliciously given us.

We aren't here to make your point valid, you do that. Us saying the opposite point does nothing to help your case. And insulting our intelligence will not help you do so.

But fine. Let's play your silly little word game and suppose these zeds were half infected, or whatever you want to call it. What have you added to the game? NPCs with piss poor aim and the chance for some minor loot. Congratulations, military zeds are now Bambi spawns. The problem is NPCs can only be scripted so much, can only do so much, and with the limitations of any gaming engine, are going to be exploitable. For example, look at how the zeds are now. They don't run indoors, so you can escape a massive horde by running through a small building. Dodging out of their line of sight with a few trees loses them as well.

And also, you've neglected to take into account the second part of my counterpoint. So either defend your opinion better, or this thread can be relegated to somewhere else.

Preferably with a shovel.

How do you know what time the infection occured

lol, what an idea... reaminds me of apache25.

Infected shooting guns, right.. moving on.

this dudes idea is in the right direction i think

I agree , I dont really care if its infected or partially infected soldiers or AI civs that have banded together to hold the air feild the bottom line is that they need to be made stronger and more of a threat, this is less about making the game scary (your second point) and more about making obtaining and upkeeping top grade gear harder and require more skill and organization, what I have suggested above is my thoughts on how that could be done.

Partially infected , gives us a new type of zombie to worry about around army base's , stops players just running around zombies like fucking retards cos thats so stupid its bordering on insane, throw an armed half zombie in the mix and people will not be so willing to just run around like an idiot they will have to plan their entry.

As for the AI sorry but your talking through your arse hole, the ArmA2 AI is good, its good in other mods, and the main game, no reason the devs cant make the AI for an armed zombie a little better, In fact I fully expect the normal zombie AI to get a lot better in standalone as the project now has arma devs working on it.

sorry but I deny your counter points, their shit.

I do like the sound of AI Bandit types holding the army bases tho, wish I had thought of that before posting this thread would have been about ai bandits and not zombies. either way iv said what I wanted to say, suggested what I wanted to suggest, and thankfully you have nothing to do with the dev process so your opinion like mine is meaningless, iv made my post where they can read it, with any luck they will like the idea or like that other guy take some inspiration from it and make it an even better idea.

Edited by Taiphoz

So wait, there are different levels of infection, and everyone in the military just so happened to have exactly the same immune system?

Whup yourself upside the head for me.

The counterpoints made by Riem are entirely valid, and in any case Zombie AI will be made more formidable in future without a doubt.

There is absolutely no need to add a computer controlled militia to DayZ, the entire purpose of the game is to create a world where we are the ONLY survivors. Everyone you can interact (or firefight) with is HUMAN, everyone else is a mindless (AI) zombie out to hunt and eat you, and that can't be changed without compromising the entire theme.

What they should do is, have the Military Infected wear armor suits, so certain bullets doesn't penetrate and do insignificant damage on certain part of their body. Since soldiers are well fully trained, they should be able to outrun you aswell, and deal more damage than regular Infected.

While they're in crawl stance, they can sometimes jump to the sides, so they makes it harder for you to put them down.

Lastly, you could have HECU squads, which kills anyone on sight. That should prove to be a challenge.

Edited by Safewood

I've always thought the soldier zeds should have kevlar helmets, and you're right, their military training would probably make them better runners than your average Joe. But their kit would weigh them down, so they would likely end up not much quicker (if at all)

I'm pretty certain Rocket has stated his wish to avoid "special" zombie types in favour of an all encompassing "runlikfefuckandeatyoualive" zombie type. In my view, instead of adding any armed force, zombie, HECU (lol, Black Mesa FTW), Chernarus Militia or otherwise, there should be better zed "swarming" behaviour.

Bears and wolves (and zombie hordes) will make the wilderness unsafe, and a pack instinct of zombies to crowd and swarm players will make NWAF suitably dangerous. Failing that, any GUARANTEED high power military loot spawn should be replaced with basic armaments, in favour of random sights (choppers/concoys etc.) so there will be no reason to hang around to farm loot (read : exploit spawn behaviour) thus negating any compliants you might have TC.

I've always thought the soldier zeds should have kevlar helmets, and you're right, their military training would probably make them better runners than your average Joe. But their kit would weigh them down, so they would likely end up not much quicker (if at all)

True, there could be infected marines with armors, that only slightly runs faster than regular infected, if any, though are armored. Then you have infected marines without armor, which will outrun you no matter what.

I'm pretty certain Rocket has stated his wish to avoid "special" zombie types in favour of an all encompassing "runlikfefuckandeatyoualive" zombie type. In my view, instead of adding any armed force, zombie, HECU (lol, Black Mesa FTW), Chernarus Militia or otherwise, there should be better zed "swarming" behaviour.

I think there's nothing wrong with various types of zombies, since it only add more variety to the game, which can only be good.

Bears and wolves (and zombie hordes) will make the wilderness unsafe, and a pack instinct of zombies to crowd and swarm players will make NWAF suitably dangerous.

I actually made a list in notepad about various types of dangerous entities:

Humanoid Zombie Types:

1.) Infected Civilians

2.) Infected Police

3.) Infected Marines

Animal Types (Infected or not):

1.) Wild Boars

2.) Lynx

3.) Grey Wolves

4.) Brown Bears

5.) Amur Tigers

Humans: