Sign in to follow this  
Taiphoz

Arm the infected.

I think all Millitary Infected should be armed.

I have to agree with others that while they pose a bit of a challenge in the NWAF its still relatily easy to get up there and gear up.

I would suggest the following, Military Infected are not as far along the infection as civ's as a result they still retain some semblance of control and find themselves in a state of confusion making them shoot on anything that moves that has a heart beat, think the hulk without the green and the muscles.

I would then lower the respawn rate on the military zombies so that players who take them out have a little time to loot before the next set arrives.

I would also push their spawn points away from loot buildings and have them spawn in the forest and walk into the base, players who get into loot would then have to fend them off while they loot.

finally I would (for military buildings only) remove that 30 meter cut off point.

With a system like this, a group of players would need to actually ASSAULT the air field, they would need to clear the buildings they want to get loot from and then they would need to hold them for at least 10 - 20 minutes to wait on the loot spawning in, and if the zombies spawn every 5 minutes in the forest and walk toward the players and buildings, shooting as they go, players would have to really tactically play and defend their building for a time while they get their loot.

Getting gear would be harder, more of a risk, and would need more organization.

At the moment you just run around like an idiot, find some loot dump it ten feet away if its not what you want, then run around some more like a headless chicken just ignoring the zombies, in fact you only need to run through the fire house to lose them so you can loot if something of value does spawn, its kinda far to easy really.

OH I would give each town, and city a few cops, armed with pistols, they should follow the same AI laws, patrolling the streets and taking shots at any players that think just running in and out or around buildings to lose the zombies is fun.

COME ON, we can take it, why is it only players that can shoot back make the zombies more of a threat and giving them some guns will do the trick I think.

OH and the zombies would not drop the guns their firing on death, lets for balance sake just assume they are covered in infection and blood and guts and not desirable by the player.

I would enjoy seeing a military zed carrying a piece.

Which it would promptly toss away in a blind, blood-driven rage to eat your face off after it has beaten you to death with its bare hands.

well like I said, "I would suggest the following, Military Infected are not as far along the infection as civ's"

It makes sense that the military would give their troops more meds to keep them fighting longer, and that those meds might slow the infections progress.

I think its funny 90% of people seem to agree that the zeds are far to easy, and yet the second anyone makes a good suggestion on how to improve them a flood of people arrive to say no, do you all think the infection just insta zombies people ? there needs to be varied stages of infection with different resulting conditions for those at that stage.

Having a soldier infected enough that hes confused cant take orders and shoots on sight makes a lot of sense, they would be confused, scared and shooting players in the face I love it, all you pussies that want to hug zombies should piss off and leave the big boys to take them down.

Raiding the NWAF needs to be something epic, not a chore you just have to do to maintain your ammo stocks, blah blah whistle while I run around collecting ammo with 200 stupid LAME! zombies running round behind me unable to stop me, yeah that's an amazing situation, and way cooler than actually having to fight your way into the base, defend it while you get your loot and then leave before they finally get a good shot on you.

o.O

Having them carry weapons is not a 'good' solution. Give them more health or make them deal more damage. Easy.

• Like 2

Sniper Zombies. would be, NO.

OH and I was not suggesting that they be crack shots, make their am kinda crap their infected after all their aim should be the same as a players whos cold, has concusion and their cross hair is bouncing all over the place, they might shoot in your general direction but their actual hit percentages would be low, like 20-30% chance of them hitting you if your standing still, and dropping if your prone or running.

I was not suggestion that they all be SAS. or SEAL zombies.

Having them carry weapons is not a 'good' solution. Give them more health or make them deal more damage. Easy.

and how does that make it any harder to raid the NWAF, I am still just going to run around gather them all up into a hord, run through the fire station to trap them all then be on my merry way looting in safety.

giving them more HP will do nothing but make the idiots out there lose more ammo even faster, wait yeah thats probably a good thing but do that as well as arm them.

Edited by Taiphoz

The only weapons they can cary and use is a hatchet and a mace/stick.

That would be make sense if a intelligent Zombie is there.

Real Weapons? NO!

and how does that make it any harder to raid the NWAF, I am still just going to run around gather them all up into a hord, run through the fire station to trap them all then be on my merry way looting in safety.

giving them more HP will do nothing but make the idiots out there lose more ammo even faster, wait yeah thats probably a good thing but do that as well as arm them.

Yes, it would make the game harder but that isn't the only thing you have to take in to account. If that was the case then why don't we have them fly and shoot lasers from their eyes?

Yes, it would make the game harder but that isn't the only thing you have to take in to account. If that was the case then why don't we have them fly and shoot lasers from their eyes?

cos thats not even remotely within the realm of realism, but having a partially infected ai thats not a full zombie and still able to shoot at stuff IS within reason.

your just being a cunt cos you cant argue your case better.

fly and shoot lasers from their eyes?

Yeah, i want flying laser zombies they fart poison gas and fly to the sky. :D

^ Dont be butt hurt about no one agreeing with your idea by swearing.

This idea is pathetic. They already drop loot on a random %.

If their 'infected' and their vision is impaired but their hearing is still good then their not going to be able to aim for sh*t. Thus no point in arming them.

Their more likely to kill you if you made them unarmed and made mass zombies spawn on military zones and city zones.

Sorry, but no. You're right in that zombies need to be a challenge to people and whatever but i think giving them fucking guns is the absolute wrong way of increasing difficulty.

DayZ infected have a basic need to feed...i don't think they have enough brain capacity to actually use a rifle let alone know what they were used for and why they had it in their hands...actually why would they still have it in their hands when they have been attacked and turn some time later?

And i'm also for giving every military zed a coyote backpack with at least a M107 or AS50 with lots of ammo and a secondary fiel like a M4 SD, of course with lots of mags, some grenades and maybe satchel charges. You can actually script any weapon into the "cargo" then they could hold more equipment than the average truck can in DayZ.

First, this is several years after the initial outbreak of the infection. Everyone infected would be dead, as I've got to assume some of them couldn't cope with the infection, or they'd be what you see now, infected and hungry for your flesh. Or you would be immune. I'm not thinking there's a middle ground with how Rocket is making the game.

Second, if you give military zeds weapons, it would detract from the game. There's no horror factor in an infected person trying to shoot you. The horror comes from when they yell and scream and piss and moan! And then charge your ass like you're the steaming fresh dish of meat set down on their very own Chinese buffet. And then they promptly try to beat you to death, and then try to eat you. That's scary, it cultivates paranoia, and makes you want to avoid them. These infected wouldn't have the proper coordination to actually fire weaponry, nor would they have the eyesight to do so. They'd probably get a few rounds off before the recoil tore the weapon from their hands. As a side note, AI controlled gunmen generally are either are too accurate, or so piss poor with their aim you can just kite them for easy kills. Neither of which are fun for this kind of game.

My thoughts. Take them or leave 'em.

• Like 1

how about all the soldiers have like makarovs (with no ammo) in their inventory

i mean really are all the chernarussian army rambo dual wielding guns?

and they usually will have an AKM or AK74 with one half-used mag and if they see you they will shoot at you

but they are terribel shots because they cant see good (blood and half eaten eyes)

theres a 5/100 percent chance that the gun will show up in his inventory after you kill him

but there wont be ammo

heavy soldiers might carry stuff like grenades (smoke) or m203 grenades

i mean do they just take off all their stuff after they die? wtf

you know kind of like this

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Zombified_Stalkers

but yeha im saying they wont be good shots and they drop not so much loot but a reasonable amount (ffs they're army zombies)

maybe.... just maybe one will have a DMR or something :3

you all keep rabbiting on about infected and completely passing over the comments i made about varying levels of infection and the symptoms those levels exhibit I guess your all doing that to try and make your point easier to make.

All your doing is dodging the issue and making my point more valid.

but one last time for the blind or lazy who didnt read it all, I am proposing military ai that are NOT FULLY INFECTED, but rather at a stage where their just confused losing their grip on humanity and still able to cary and shoot guns.

anyone who fails to read this and take it into account in their reply is simply an idiot.

And I'm pointing out that this is several years after first outbreak. These soldiers are in an outbreak zone, and would have been infected quite nicely, a long time ago. If the virus spread and turned people slowly, civilization would not collapse. It is that simple. There would have been time to create an antidote, there would have been time for the military forces of the world to organize a suitable offensive, and we probably wouldn't be facing the survival game Rocket has so deliciously given us.

We aren't here to make your point valid, you do that. Us saying the opposite point does nothing to help your case. And insulting our intelligence will not help you do so.

But fine. Let's play your silly little word game and suppose these zeds were half infected, or whatever you want to call it. What have you added to the game? NPCs with piss poor aim and the chance for some minor loot. Congratulations, military zeds are now Bambi spawns. The problem is NPCs can only be scripted so much, can only do so much, and with the limitations of any gaming engine, are going to be exploitable. For example, look at how the zeds are now. They don't run indoors, so you can escape a massive horde by running through a small building. Dodging out of their line of sight with a few trees loses them as well.

And also, you've neglected to take into account the second part of my counterpoint. So either defend your opinion better, or this thread can be relegated to somewhere else.

Preferably with a shovel.